Eddy Arfik's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Eddy Arfik's screenshots

Post by Eddy Arfik »

This is my current game, it's a 2-player using Simple City Builder script and some small patches, the most important one being daylength which is set at 4. We started in 1930 on opposite corners of the map (temperate climate but using a random generated arctic heightmap to get better mountains). Scenario editor was used to ensure the 2 towns we intended to claim were the same size (approx 1500) and had all required cargo accepting industries.

Company and city status as of Nov 2003
Durdeyhoar Local Authority, 3rd Nov 2003#7-800px.png
Durdeyhoar Local Authority, 3rd Nov 2003#7-800px.png (49.64 KiB) Viewed 3952 times
and below are overviews of both towns
Attachments
Durdeyhoar Local Authority, 3rd Nov 2003#1.png
Durdeyhoar
(842.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Durdeyhoar Local Authority, 3rd Nov 2003#3.png
Beaver
(759.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Eddy Arfik's screenshots

Post by STD »

Gorgeous screenshots from the game. You have huge cities just like in real life. Please - show the screenshots in a more enlarged scale. I want to see what happens in these megacities - traffic. :))
Happy new year, Eddy Arfik :))
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Ahem... I'm sure that was the best multiplayer scenario ever! :D I like those shots!
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Insanely busy harbours!
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

Thanks for the comments, here are some zoomed-in shots of Durdeyhoar. This first one is the city centre, the container terminal here handles most of the freight coming from the north and west of the city, although the pipes here are actually running under the harbour from a refinery to the south. Also visible is part of the metro loop line and the sprawling company headquarters built around an old brewery.
Durdeyhoar Local Authority, 1st Jan 2008#4.png
(2.5 MiB) Not downloaded yet
This is slightly to the west of the city centre, where the harbour becomes a river and some heavy industry continues to operate even though it is completely surrounded by luxury highrise apartments.
Durdeyhoar Local Authority, 1st Jan 2008#1.png
(3.26 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Third shot is the south side of the harbour, showing the second container terminal, this one handles freight from the south of the map. We can also see the International airport and the highway leading out of town (currently closed due to emergency roadworks). The small rail yard in the bottom left is for track maintainance trains and occasionally storing old locomotives, it doesn't handle any general cargo.
Durdeyhoar Local Authority, 1st Jan 2008#3.png
(2.27 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

And here are some zoomed in shots of Beaver. This first one show the city centre with several metro lines, a large inter-city terminus station and lots of parkland.
Durdeyhoar Local Authority, 1st Jan 2008#7.png
(3.37 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Second shot shows the northern part of the city with a large industrial complex and yet more parkland and open areas
Durdeyhoar Local Authority, 1st Jan 2008#9.png
(2.33 MiB) Not downloaded yet
This third shot is the main freight terminal just south of Beaver. Not sure how to describe this one, my brother has a completely different building style and I don't even know what half of these tracks are for.
Durdeyhoar Local Authority, 1st Jan 2008#8.png
(1.74 MiB) Not downloaded yet
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Thank you very much for the screenshots from the game. They are incredibly beautiful. Amazing and gorgeous build ports, stations, railway junctions, parks, quays. All surprisingly well constructed. Cool. Stunning. Cool. Great. :bow:
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

These are some of the most epic screenshots I've seen on the forums in a long time. Enough to make even me jealous :P

Could we have a NewGRF list please? And maybe a list of patches used.

Are you playing with cargo distribution on? Those cities must generate buttloads of passengers.
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

Here is the list of NewGRFs used: (not including the Crass UK Town Names)

General infrastructure:
FIRS 2.0 (modified export industry behaviour), Logging Camp, OpenGFX+ Landscape, OpenGFX Trees, OpenGFX+ Airports, Metro Track Set 2.1.1, Wired, Dutch Catenary, American Road Replacement Set, TBRS 1.2 (modified for ARRS), TTRS 3.14, Urban Transit System bridge, North American Building Set, PIPE, Combined North American Signals

Vehicles:
AV8 Aircraft Set - Rangeless, eGRVTS 2.0, HEQS 1.51, Sailing Ships 0.62, Squid rc-8, FISH 0.92, av8 AH-64 Apache, 2ccTrainsInNML, 2cc Bus set

Station sets:
ISR 1.0.1, CHIPS 1.4.0, Dutch Station Set, Dutch Station Addition Set v0.8, US Stations set v0.86, UK Waypoints Set v1.1, VAST Assortment of Station Tiles, ISR Train Depot, DWE-Stations-Industrial Terrain Tiles v0.7, DWE-Stations-Fences v1.2, NewStations v0.6, Modern train station set, CS stations - extras, Japan Set3:Stations, Modular Locomotive Sheds

Object sets:
OpenGFX Airport Objects, ISR/DWE style Objects v1.0, VAST+ Fences 0.2.0, VAST Objects 0.3.0, The Lighthouse Set v1.20, MariCo v0.31, SNO - Supercheese's NewObjects, Farm Objects, Fake Bridges, Dutch Road Furniture 0.6.0(ARRS compatible), Beach Objects v1.0, INFRA Green, INFRA Streets, City Objects

and one or two unreleased ones I've been working on

Patches used are :
True Daylength, Industry tooltips, Signals in tunnels and bridges, Chunnel, Airport upgrade, Waypoints Air, and Bridges over everything

As for CargoDist, it is enabled for Passengers and Mail only

Edit: Added list of patches
jackyf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jackyf »

Impressive. Almost unbelievable.

Do your cities have all-connected passenger network, i.e. a passenger can from everywhere to everywhere? What is the typical passenger waiting count on junctions?
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

jackyf wrote:Impressive. Almost unbelievable.

Do your cities have all-connected passenger network, i.e. a passenger can from everywhere to everywhere? What is the typical passenger waiting count on junctions?
No, it's not an "anywhere to anywhere" style network, each line is seperate. Interchange stations are actually seperate stations built to look like one large station, a good example is below. This is one centre platform for the terminating branch line, while the two outer platforms for through trains are a different station. Most stations across the network have less than 1000 people waiting.
Neverthong_station.png
Neverthong_station.png (172.63 KiB) Viewed 3477 times
jackyf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jackyf »

Thanks, that explains :) It was easy to forget that there are different network styles to play.
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

ISA wrote:Is there station under bridge or is this some kind of new object magic?
I'm using the "Bridges over everything" patch, so that is in fact usable road bridge over part of the station.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Eddy Arfik wrote:
ISA wrote:Is there station under bridge or is this some kind of new object magic?
I'm using the "Bridges over everything" patch, so that is in fact usable road bridge over part of the station.
Very cool! Thanks!

Return to “Screenshots”