[OTTD] 3iff's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] 3iff's screenshots

Post by 3iff »

I thought it about time I started a thread. This is mainly to show off the new industry set I've designed, SPI - StockPiled Industries, forked from FIRS 143. It's available on Bananas.

This is a small test game with SPI 1.1 (as yet unreleased as I'm still making changes). A 256 ^2 map with 14 mindless AI players.

As chemicals and manufacturing supplies are very important (and useful) I decided to make chemicals by delivering oil to the refinery. In the 5 years or so that I allowed the AI free reign, they hadn't connected this resource. Chemicals and petrol are both carried to other destinations by my trucks.

Even with 2 oil wells, there's simply not enough oil yet to enable the refinery to do little more than reduced production. The refinery is a new design with some added chemical plant graphics.
Oil Baron - spi tests, 12th Apr 1954.png
Oil Baron - spi tests, 12th Apr 1954.png (136.46 KiB) Viewed 1896 times
I had found a paper mill that had wood and clay delivered in quantity and it was just missing some chemicals. I delivered chemicals from the oil refinery and prepared to carry the paper off to the printers. Production here is normal thanks to the accumulated stocks, but if any of the white numbers reaches 19 then the papermill will be forced into reduced output.
Oil Baron - spi tests, 5th Feb 1954.png
Oil Baron - spi tests, 5th Feb 1954.png (134.47 KiB) Viewed 1896 times
The papermill soon ran low on wood. A nearby forest had some of the wood being carried to another paper mill so I got involved. The green truck station is currently down to one truck and should be closed down soon. That'll ensure all the wood from this forest is carried to the paper mill.
Oil Baron - spi tests, 20th Mar 1954.png
Oil Baron - spi tests, 20th Mar 1954.png (190.41 KiB) Viewed 1896 times
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] 3iff's screenshots

Post by 3iff »

Some of the manufacturing supplies have found their way to this food processor (was the stockyard in FIRS). The AI are controlling this area. There's plenty of livestock there and once the manu supplies start rolling in production should get a real boost.

Early in the game, raw materials are low and so secondary industry production will also be low. Once a few more industries spawn, productions can skyrocket, but generally AI won't be able to co-ordinate things adequately.
Oil Baron - spi tests, 6th May 1954.png
Oil Baron - spi tests, 6th May 1954.png (181.93 KiB) Viewed 1890 times
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

This is from the upcoming new version. I'm still busy ironing out bugs.

This features manpower (passengers arrive to increase production) and mine reserves (where a limited amount of raw materials exist). Both are modifications of those found in manpower ogfx industries.

The bauxite mine is on the left. Passengers arrive at two stations (east and colliery) and unload to the nearest industry but there are also station tiles extending to the other industry, so if the bauxite mine has its full quota (1500 crew) then the remainder will unload to the coal mine.

Both industries are operating at a 50% bonus for having at least 500 crew on site. At current levels of production, the coal mine will still last 47 years or so before it runs out of coal.

The passengers produced are effectively those crew who have just worked a shift and want to go home.

Mine reserves are optional, infinite supplies will be available. Manpower can be ignored if desired as industries will still produce a 'normal' amount of cargo even if passengers are never transported there.
Bauxite test, 1st Dec 1942.png
Bauxite test, 1st Dec 1942.png (120.47 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

From my latest test game, lots of AI and I'm not working hard at the game. The industry set is the as yet unreleased SPI 1.1 still being debugged and tested.

This is a quarry and iron ore mine. Lots of passengers are being bussed in but they can't keep up so I've just added an air service. The airport overlaps both industries so if one fills up, the other one can absorb the passengers. Buses go to the iron mine and then the quarry so I can get double use of the crew.
Watkins & Co., 3rd Aug 1965.png
Watkins & Co., 3rd Aug 1965.png (181.77 KiB) Viewed 1589 times
An oil well on the edge of town. So many bus stations that crew are constantly delivered and I don't have to worry about that aspect.
Watkins & Co., 3rd Aug 1965#1.png
Watkins & Co., 3rd Aug 1965#1.png (192 KiB) Viewed 1589 times
A paper mill filling up with wood and clay but there are few chemicals around. Once they start to be delivered there will be an avalanche of paper to transport. Meanwhile, a grain mill gets a trickle of grain and manages a basic production level as there are few manufacturing supplies around...until the paper starts being produced.
Watkins & Co., 16th Aug 1965.png
Watkins & Co., 16th Aug 1965.png (199.33 KiB) Viewed 1589 times

Return to “Screenshots”