Logital & Officercrockey Multiplayergame Season 2014/2015

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Logital82
Engineer
Engineer

Logital & Officercrockey Multiplayergame Season 2014/2015

Post by Logital82 »

Hallo Tycoons,

ups, they did it again! As a few years ago in this Topic...

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=51981

we set up a new multiplayergame with national borders:

So characteristical for our games:

- integrated symmetric intervall timetable (so of course we use 24h clock in stead of dates with 120 ticks a day)
- national border between the two national states. Player can build Infrastructure only in his own state (but international trains can cross borders)
- setup optimal supply to demand of cargosist generated passengers. Therefor we use a setting of "effect of ditance" by 200% to have both, realistic inner city demand and long distance demand.

Game Setup:

Gameversion: Spring Patch Pack
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=66892

Our Grf-List:

The game is in a quite developed stadium. Every city is already linked to the international transport network. So it is possoble to travel from everywhere to everywehre with trains, subways (!), trams, buses and ferrys.

Lets have a look to trains: Here the international railmap:

Big railwaynodes in "Logland" (my country) are "Böblingen"...

and "Bad Brückenau"

because many national and international lines cross this station and are well conected with short interchange times.

See whats goin on there in these Videos:

http://youtu.be/f4cIlZIuvOQ?list=UUVlJS ... qzBx-80D1Q

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLioXeo ... qzBx-80D1Q

I told that ther are subways, yes! Many thanks to the creator of dutch stations. Looks wunderful!

and as video:

http://youtu.be/BGzN_eR1M90?list=UUVlJS ... qzBx-80D1Q

As you see, the houses are handbuilt. Not every citiy but its getting more and more. Another nice City is Erlangen:

Last but not least, the harbour of Böblingen with passenger and freight terminal.

Recently a panoramasteamtrain started with service, starting at Nördlingen

a touristic town, hauling the tourists to the terasses of Laudavalley:

Also as a with the complete ride of the train.

(Sorry, vidoes always with german comments)

http://youtu.be/KB4VcqIpfcM?list=UUVlJS ... qzBx-80D1Q

So far for now, hope you enjoy the documentation.

I am not native english, please ask if anything is missunderstandable.
Attachments
grf-liste.png
grf-liste.png (41.72 KiB) Viewed 639 times
Der_neue_Schienenatlas_v0.2.png
(684.1 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Boeblingen.png
(599.59 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Fry3k_#2
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Logital & Officercrockey Multiplayergame Season 2014/201

Post by Fry3k_#2 »

These images are amazing. I love the German looking towns, especially the large building blocks and the houses next to each other ("Reihenhäuser"). Which townset delivers them? I know Swedish Houses & Total Town Replacement Set but I haver never seen those.
Unfortunately some of those features you use aren't in the release version. like showing train departures in minutes or those lovely timetables you can see if you investigate a station but it is always pleasing to see other players take the game to the full potential!
Logital82
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Logital82 »

Fry3k_#2 wrote:These images are amazing. I love the German looking towns, especially the large building blocks and the houses next to each other ("Reihenhäuser"). Which townset delivers them? I know Swedish Houses & Total Town Replacement Set but I haver never seen those.
The houses are "handbuilt" swedish houses with the scenarioeditor. Those blocks are built automatically. And we disabled any activity of town growth of the citys.

Fry3k_#2 wrote: Unfortunately some of those features you use aren't in the release version. like showing train departures in minutes or those lovely timetables you can see if you investigate a station but it is always pleasing to see other players take the game to the full potential!
You are talking aout of my soul. Departure boards and time in minutes are the most important things that shuld come in the next bigger release.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

How do you make your many trains (in the videos) arrive and depart at times so that they don't clog together at stations?

Are you using CargoDist by the way? Just wondering...
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

There's an answer to your question in post 1 ... "yes" ;)

But, yeah, that timetabling is mighty impressive. I don't think I could do anything like that.
Logital82
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Logital82 »

IrmoTrainfan wrote:How do you make your many trains (in the videos) arrive and depart at times so that they don't clog together at stations?

Are you using CargoDist by the way? Just wondering...
Its timetabling in connection with 24h patch. The trains alsways runs in equal intervalls, often 60 minutes. Every new line has a conflict free timetable according to the already existing lines.

And yes, cargosdist of course. Can´t remeber how I could ever play without cargodist,
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Oops didn't read the first post thoroughly enough...

I also only use CargoDist nowadays, love it but it generates so many passengers and thus needs so many trains that mainlines need to be at least four tracks. Not that you can't see that often in real life though. I also have some parts on my network with six or even eight tracks (the latter only at the busiest station of my map). When I have more free time available I may also create my own screenshot topic.
Logital82
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Logital82 »

The setting "effect of distance..." in Cargodist settings is the kost important. If every townpeople wants to make a world voage every day, yes, than the links will get overcrowded very soon. We play with 200%. Good mix of short and long distance passengers.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Thanks! I'll try that in my next game!
Dwight_K._Schrute
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dwight_K._Schrute »

Don't forget that we play with "-2" cargo production of towns. Otherwise it is just too much. As far as I know only 1/4 of the passengers get produced that way...
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Where is that option located? I can't find it in the advanced settings window...
Fry3k_#2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fry3k_#2 »

Ok that is some valuable information because I think the amount of passengers generated is way too big. Currently my biggest town has only 10.000 inhabitants and is served by 20 trains but cannot handle all the passangers. I know it is off-topic, but how can you activate the link graph overlay like shown in this picture? Or is this a nightly feature?
Logital82
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Logital82 »

Don't know whether this is also in stable version. The minimap button is now a pilldown menu. There is the option freight connections.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

It is in stable version since OTTD 1.4.0 if I'm right.
Fry3k_#2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fry3k_#2 »

Thanks guys... Didn't know the pulldown menu for the minimap. When you have a mild red-green color blindness it is hard to distuingish between the 1 pixel wide red or green lines on the minimap overlay :wink:

Return to “Screenshots”