Ens`s Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
ens
Engineer
Engineer

Ens`s Screenshots

Post by ens »

Hello world!

This is Mettico City.
A sunny place to work and live.
coas.png
(2.48 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
Mettico City benefitted with growth and wellness when Mayor decided to build the docks and provide them with coal and iron ore from five local mines.

Loaded to boxes, ships take the soon-to-be steel substrates south, to Mostable Port. It will then climb the hill to get to Mostable Steel Mill.
Last edited by ens on 07 May 2014 17:22, edited 2 times in total.
PinkMoon
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Ens`s Screenshots

Post by PinkMoon »

Very nice city screenshot !
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Very nice! Only thing what bothers is the zoom level settings and I cant get it into the default view! If possible look over You settings for zoom!
ens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ens »

Thank you guys for the response!

Mettico City is growing fast, more and more residents require a transport system of greater capacity. Therefore, the first two tram lines launched! Pictures soon.

Now have a look at mentioned before Mostable Port
It is a transfer station unloading iron ore and coal needed at Mostable Steel Mill just a few miles away from the coast.
These materials come back to Mostable Port soon, in the form of freshly produced steel. The steel will then be shipped to Nanditch Factory.
Attachments
ENTE Transportation, 16-02-1980.png
ENTE Transportation, 16-02-1980.png (280.32 KiB) Viewed 690 times
Last edited by ens on 07 May 2014 18:09, edited 3 times in total.
ens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ens »

Midland Forests is a part of ENTE Transportation that handles and keeps organized a huge rail track, going through six wood-cutting stations near large forests.

All of the stations have found a way to keep an excellent production rating at all times despite seeing the single train once every few weeks (hint in the screenshots below).

The 12 wagons hauled by reliable ENR G22W are able to move up to 508 tonnes of wood across the country.

The single train end its journey in Springs Sawmill, the only provider of lumber processed in Nantditch Factory, along with great amounts of steel and plastic. The plastic is produced at Springs Oil Refinery (visible nearby the sawmill).

Attachments
ENTE Transportation, 15-05-1980#2.png
ENTE Transportation, 15-05-1980#2.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 690 times
ENTE Transportation, 15-05-1980.png
ENTE Transportation, 15-05-1980.png (291.22 KiB) Viewed 689 times
ENTE Transportation, 27-07-1980.png
ENTE Transportation, 27-07-1980.png (310.71 KiB) Viewed 689 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Very good screenshots. Beautiful train station :)
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
ens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ens »

Thank you, STD! You have a very weird nickname :)

Saborough Heights Depot is an important element of the middle islands railway net.

Although long diesel freight trains like two powerful EMD DDA40X Cennentials hauling 735000 liters of oil and high speed passenger trains like the visible above JNR Shinkansen have two paralell pairs of tracks to go through, they all meet sometimes in this old service point.

Orange - main coastal freight line. Blue - pax line between the cities. Red - depo.

Please, feel free to comment, ask, suggest! I`d love to share my game with you.
Attachments
ENTE Transportation, 14-11-1987#4.png
ENTE Transportation, 14-11-1987#4.png (945.02 KiB) Viewed 687 times
ENTE Transportation, 17-11-1987#1.png
ENTE Transportation, 17-11-1987#1.png (318.21 KiB) Viewed 687 times
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

Very nice screenshots :)
Damrus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Damrus »

hey ens,

What grf are you using for the Suburban houses in your first picture or the houses in general.

kind regards
D
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

I'm betting Total Town Replacement Set.
ens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ens »

yup; TTRS

Just a shot of Mettico`s higher suburbs today, because residental blocks sweetly distingush themselves from the cities busy centre.
One bus line and one tram line ending here are more than enough for this neighbourhood, as most of the traffic outgoing down from here happen by cars.

Mettico City is slowly getting huge, especially when compared with what was there just a few years before.
So are five other cities connected to ENTE Transportation`s rail net.

(By the way, I`m trying to provide my game with somewhat realistic growth and infrastructure. Do you think it would be a good idea for the next game to add some newgrfs with cars and pollute cities with them? Man, I miss SimCity, too bad transportation isn`t SC`s main topic)
Attachments
ENTE Transportation, 09-03-1992.png
ENTE Transportation, 09-03-1992.png (293.01 KiB) Viewed 682 times
ENTE Transportation, 09-03-1992#2.png
ENTE Transportation, 09-03-1992#2.png (913.56 KiB) Viewed 682 times
ENTE Transportation, 02-12-1966.png
ENTE Transportation, 02-12-1966.png (590.02 KiB) Viewed 682 times
PinkMoon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PinkMoon »

Beautiful screenshots ! Love the harbor graphics :bow:
Seeker
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Seeker »

Loving the screenshots, keep them coming.

Also have you considered entering the Screenshot of the month contest?
TT-Screenshot Of The Month - December 2013 (Winner)
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Great screens indeed!
ens wrote:(By the way, I`m trying to provide my game with somewhat realistic growth and infrastructure. Do you think it would be a good idea for the next game to add some newgrfs with cars and pollute cities with them? Man, I miss SimCity, too bad transportation isn`t SC`s main topic)
I love having a ton of cars randomly navigating around my maps, it makes the cities feel much more alive.
ens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ens »

Seeker wrote:Loving the screenshots, keep them coming.

Also have you considered entering the Screenshot of the month contest?
Thank you! Yes, I have submitted one of my screenshots.

Saibot wrote:Great screens indeed!
ens wrote:(By the way, I`m trying to provide my game with somewhat realistic growth and infrastructure. Do you think it would be a good idea for the next game to add some newgrfs with cars and pollute cities with them? Man, I miss SimCity, too bad transportation isn`t SC`s main topic)
I love having a ton of cars randomly navigating around my maps, it makes the cities feel much more alive.

Thanks. What newgrfs are you using?

I`m considering making yet another huge research on that matter and starting a new game with a complete set of best newgrfs available.
I`d like to change the roadset (CS-Roadset at first looked nice but now the brightness of the roads make them look too important, they consume too much attention and they start to bother me), as well as add new buildings - that is, if anything better then TTRS came up.
Also, despite having two newgrfs with harbour objects it`s beginning to feel dull when I`m building next docks.

I love the possibilities it offers as a transport network simulator but God, this game is ugly.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

ens wrote:I love the possibilities it offers as a transport network simulator but God, this game is ugly.
Of course, a legacy from the 90's...

Try to download StreetTraffic AI and also Generic Cars & Eyecandy Road Vehicles NewGRFs (from the in-game content downloader), and use them in your games. It'll spawn (buy and let them go) eyecandy "town cars" in your cities (and any road connected to it). Can't be loaded into your current running game through, so most likely you'll need to start another game...
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

I've been able to get the StreetTraffic AI and Generic Cars working in a running game, just had to change the variable for the developer tools in the cfg file.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Of course, changing NewGRFs in the middle of a running game is dangerous. My game that I have been playing since 2010 eventually became corrupted because of it. Having no idea when the corruption was introduced, I was forced to abandon it. Three years of my free time, and nothing to show for it. :-(

Road sets: If you like CS but find it too bright, you might also like either American Road Set Replacement or Canadian Roads (formerly North American Roads).
Building sets: Check out Polish Building Set, North American Building Set or Canadian City Buildings.
ens
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ens »

Major of Nanditch , inspired by Mettico Cities majors, decided to take his idea to the next level. He invested millions of dollars not only to build Nanditch Docks, but also place a brand new Nanditch Factory in the docks area.

Nanditch Docks host trains, ships, trams and buses carrying seven different types of cargo. Big time.

Numerous ships deliver oil from ten oil rigs. There`s a lot of it, millions of litres get pumped through pipes every day.

Trains take them from here and transport to Springs Oil Refinery shown before. Another group of trains brings back what the refinery produced out of the oil - plastic and fuel oil.
Two other trains provide the Nanditch Factory with lumber from Springs Sawmill, also shown before.
The only cargo needed for the factory to run the production left is steel. It is delivered across the sea from mentioned before Mostable Steel Mill by a single, yet giant freighter.
All the things I`ve built before come to this, every single piece of cargo from all over the map end up in this factory. Employees have their own bus line to drive them home after work.

Hundreds of crates of goods are produced every day here. Some of them get carried directly to Nanditch by freight trams, most of it is packed on trains to be sent to Mettico.

None get wasted.
The profits of ENTE Transportation company were decent before, but after all of the dots got connected to this big, fat . that Nanditch Factory is, the red $ line on the chart went straight up.

And here`s a shot of Nanditch.

Sorry for not posting for a while, I`m having a busy month at my university. This is also the reason why there aren`t many vehicles posing for the screenshots.
I have some new stuff I haven`t showed you yet though, and I`ll keep them coming later this month :)
Attachments
ENTE Transportation, 12-08-1998#3.png
ENTE Transportation, 12-08-1998#3.png (1.67 MiB) Viewed 676 times
ENTE Transportation, 18-08-1998#2.png
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Beautiful screenshots. Liked the port, the beach is near major cities :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017

Return to “Screenshots”