Screenshot of the Month - August 2014 - Submissions Open

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot of the Month - August 2014 - Submissions Open

Post by ISA »

Last shot I sent so fast and it weren't something spectacular... Now I think if I have known earlier I would have spend some more time on that shot or made yet another new one (like my habit is, Kamnet knows 8) )
Roslav
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Roslav »

No more SotM? I was hoping to enter contest someday :/
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Nope, it's Screenshot of the Year now obviously. My screenshot is too good for SotM.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

So no more competitions? :(
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: creenshot of the Month - August 2014

Post by sunshare »

In which grf is the railway bridge this image?

kamnet wrote:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

te_lanus wrote:So no more competitions? :(
Unfotunately I've not yet been able to fix my PC that the last images were saved on. Nobody else has really expressed interest. I took it as a sign that people were either bored or just too busy, and I got busy myself and haven't had much time to get back to it. If somebody else wishes to pick up the hosting of the competition, feel free to PM me, otherwise I'll most likely resume it myself on March 1st.
sunshare wrote:In which grf is the railway bridge this image?
That is a custom bridge NewGRF created by WallyWeb, which has not yet been released. WallWeb hasn't released any new works in a few years, unless he makes an announcement I doubt he will release anytime soon.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

kamnet wrote:That is a custom bridge NewGRF created by WallyWeb, which has not yet been released. WallWeb hasn't released any new works in a few years, unless he makes an announcement I doubt he will release anytime soon.
Unfortunately I cannot take credit for that bridge. You will have to verify with Isa as to where he got it. I did show a similar bridge in my submission to the same contest where I had replied to a similar question:
wallyweb wrote:
YNM wrote:Anyway, what set contains the girder bridge ? Or is it a standalone thing ?
The trestle bridge in my screenshot is part of the Canadian v2.0 sets which have not been released yet.
Isa will have to tell you where his bridge is from.
ISA wrote:
wallyweb wrote:Isa will have to tell you where his bridge is from.
Pure sprite puzzle from my part! No grf involved!
Note that with OzTrans having left the forums we will NEVER see that bridge released. :(
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

wallyweb wrote:Note that with OzTrans having left the forums we will NEVER see that bridge released. :(
Are You sure? I'm pretty sure that I'm able to get that work even just replacing any one sprites in already existing grf! As for the sprites author, its another Oz and I do have those sprites and they are available in here the forums too!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ISA wrote:
wallyweb wrote:Note that with OzTrans having left the forums we will NEVER see that bridge released. :(
Are You sure? I'm pretty sure that I'm able to get that work even just replacing any one sprites in already existing grf! As for the sprites author, its another Oz and I do have those sprites and they are available in here the forums too!
I do know that Oz sent the trestle sprites to OzTrans who then coded them. If Oz also sent the sprites to you or released his sprites to the forums, then they are indeed available for someone else to code, in which case my reply would be ...
Note that with OzTrans having left the forums we will NEVER see the Canadian v2.0 set bridges released.
As far as I know the sprites in this post are incomplete and were a preview addressed to OzTrans.

Also note that my Urban Transit bridge was included in the Canadian v2.0 sets and that I am in the process of coding it with my own code for a separate release.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

I would share the sprites, but...
I have bit of the problem last few days... I have lost my USB drive.... hold it in my wallet, but discovered that it coin pocket was ripped open and I put USB into my trousers pocket and after that its gone... now if I'm not able to find it then most or all the work is gone... hope the best!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ISA wrote:... I put USB into my trousers pocket and after that its gone... now if I'm not able to find it then most or all the work is gone... hope the best!
:cry:
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

kamnet wrote: 
So no more competitions?
Unfotunately I've not yet been able to fix my PC that the last images were saved on. Nobody else has really expressed interest. I took it as a sign that people were either bored or just too busy, and I got busy myself and haven't had much time to get back to it. If somebody else wishes to pick up the hosting of the competition, feel free to PM me, otherwise I'll most likely resume it myself on March 1st.
I would also like to express my interest in this competition again :)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

wallyweb wrote:
ISA wrote:... I put USB into my trousers pocket and after that its gone... now if I'm not able to find it then most or all the work is gone... hope the best!
:cry:
Last offtopic from me! FOUND IT! Thanks to the information tesk worker at the super market and her sharp eyed colleges who found it!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ISA wrote:Last offtopic from me!
But we have to talk about something while we wait for Kamnet! :mrgreen:
FOUND IT! Thanks to the information tesk worker at the super market and her sharp eyed colleges who found it!
HOORAY!! :D
Ladusa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladusa »

Emperor Jake wrote:
kamnet wrote: 
So no more competitions?
I would also like to express my interest in this competition again :)
Yes, my last screen I sent for August was my best. :mrgreen: Please, I vote for completion of this round 8)
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

I think I still have my screengrab somewhere... Magnum opus that thing, would be a shame not to let the world see the sheer incredibility.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

kamnet wrote:
te_lanus wrote:So no more competitions? :(
That is a custom bridge NewGRF created by WallyWeb, which has not yet been released. WallWeb hasn't released any new works in a few years, unless he makes an announcement I doubt he will release anytime soon.

Too bad, it's great that bridge for those trains.
Davidoff
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Screenshot of the Month - July 2014 - Voting Open

Post by Davidoff »

kamnet wrote:Thank you to all who submitted screenshots... let the voting begin!

July 2014 Screenshot of the Month Competition - Post 2
"Accidents"

MattH.png
Quast65.jpg
Wallyweb.png

Nice shot! Love the Arctic scenery aswell. Btw, I have been searching for the possibility to add rocks on arctic, currently I have only found the objects abailable for temperate only. I see in your screennshot that you have rocks in Arctic climate. How did you add them, is there a grf for this?

Best Regards
David
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Davidoff wrote:Nice shot! Love the Arctic scenery aswell. Btw, I have been searching for the possibility to add rocks on arctic, currently I have only found the objects abailable for temperate only. I see in your screennshot that you have rocks in Arctic climate. How did you add them, is there a grf for this?
There is a GRF but it is not distributable due to TTDX copyright.

As you can see I modified some of the TTDX sprites for personal use. It was done as a proof of concept exercise and now I am drawing my own rocks so that I can code a release. I have been at it for a while and rock drawing is a bit of a challenge. This will take a lot of time.

Yes, they will be snow aware and work in all climates.

Thanks. :bow:
Davidoff
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Davidoff »

wallyweb wrote:
Davidoff wrote:Nice shot! Love the Arctic scenery aswell. Btw, I have been searching for the possibility to add rocks on arctic, currently I have only found the objects abailable for temperate only. I see in your screennshot that you have rocks in Arctic climate. How did you add them, is there a grf for this?
There is a GRF but it is not distributable due to TTDX copyright.

As you can see I modified some of the TTDX sprites for personal use. It was done as a proof of concept exercise and now I am drawing my own rocks so that I can code a release. I have been at it for a while and rock drawing is a bit of a challenge. This will take a lot of time.

Yes, they will be snow aware and work in all climates.

Thanks. :bow:
That is awsome to hear! I am surprised that noone has been at this before, but I can imagine that there is a bit of a challabge to make them look good, and snow aware aswell. Wow, really looking forward to that release! :)

Thanks Wallyweb!

Return to “Screenshots”