[OTTD]Pyo's screens

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]Pyo's screens

Post by STD »

Pyoro wrote:
Regen.png
Next is Regen. A bit modified, for example it now has some extra tracks for waiting passenger trains. Might be a bit strange for cargo trains to overtake passenger trains, but not much else they could do with the nearby station full. Anyways, still further up the train cargo is unloaded and distributed by road to some farms. Since everything seems to be profitable services will probably be increased sometime soon.
Depot.png
No point in just boosting industry output; passenger infrastructure also needed some improvement. Towns for now are still rather small, so it needed to be something flexible, which is why imported Japanese Type 300s where chosen, stationed at a newly built depot near Rauenberg.
Bridge.png
For now they're driving around like this. Big bridge for a small train ;) Hopefully with some town growth passenger generation will improve so they can be coupled in pairs or something. Or maybe replaced altogether ^^
Cool building :D . With pleasure all looked now :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Thanks ;)
huhu.png
huhu.png (118.16 KiB) Viewed 5964 times
Spent some time on something else than playing. Probably rather obvious what it was ;)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Sheep Farm.png
Sheep Farm.png (114.14 KiB) Viewed 5874 times
A bit more experimenting with GRFs ;)
Traffic.png
Traffic.png (106.16 KiB) Viewed 5874 times
Meanwhile ... shouldn't have neglected the basics ._.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Cow Farm.png
Cow Farm.png (105.24 KiB) Viewed 5783 times
PETA complained about only bothering with sheep, so cows got some attention as well. Needs some fine-tuning, but at least they can enjoy a more animal-friendly life before getting slaughtered.
Farm.png
Farm.png (52.82 KiB) Viewed 5783 times
For some inexplicable reasons I really like that screenshot of an utterly straight road running by a farm :?
Network.png
(115.23 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
And the current state of the network. I'm confident I can finish this game by the time OpenTTD 2.0 is released 8)
Dave

Post by Dave »

I agree re the straight road. Beautiful little shot that.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Dave W wrote:I agree re the straight road. Beautiful little shot that.
I also like this one. I am not sure why.
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Haven't played in quite a while; might be high time to start a new game to get some fresh inspiration ;) , but for now I'm too lazy to figure something out and keep playing the old one ...
Bridges.png
Bridges.png (100.54 KiB) Viewed 5546 times
Maybe if I post-pone it long enough we'll have "unified" bridges by then? ;) It's just something that always seems to bother me ... something to close those gaps *mhm*
Cargo.png
Cargo.png (144.02 KiB) Viewed 5546 times
As for the network I've mostly been busy scraping some bus lines since Swedish houses produce far less passengers than TTRS. Apparently Sweden isn't as public transport crazy as whatever country TTRS is based on ;) Of course, this doesn't really affect cargo transportation so those lines are as busy as ever and it's still as troubling (and fun) as always to try transporting all those FIRS cargos around with 30s equipment.
Deggendorf.png
Deggendorf.png (179.52 KiB) Viewed 5546 times
Nonetheless passengers are still profitable of course, and I've just recently opened some new lines connecting Deggendorf to nearby towns. Not that many unconnected ones left on the map =)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Excellent screenshots of the game :) . Enjoyed watching them :)) .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Also - Celebrations! All towns connected to the road network ... unless I overlooked something :lol:
road network.png
(118.88 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Also, some needlessly over sized celebratory zoomed-in screens. Externally linked, since they are big (~29MB / ~35MB).
[1][2]

Doesn't mean I'm finished but it's a step in the right direction ;) And I think the first time in OTTD I ever connected all towns with at least a bus service ...
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Very impressive. Loving the big screenshots showing your train network, lots of beautiful sidings and switches.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Thanks. Shame shunting doesn't seem likely to happen for the next 10 years ;)

Some screens from when I started the game:
Old1.png
Old1.png (102.97 KiB) Viewed 5240 times
Old2.png
Old2.png (119.51 KiB) Viewed 5240 times
And roughly the same area now:
Current.png
Current.png (204.01 KiB) Viewed 5240 times
Hard to spot the differences, admittedly. Makes me wonder what I wasted all that time on :roll:
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Also build a new distribution station with the current CHIPS release -
Bad Kötzing.png
Bad Kötzing.png (124.98 KiB) Viewed 5240 times
A train approaching through Bad Kötzing...
Distribution.png
Distribution.png (135.31 KiB) Viewed 5240 times
...and unloading at the station. Nearby farms and mines want to be properly supplied ;)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

As always, all perfectly built. I like it :)) .
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Thanks :) There's however always room for improvement as ...
Crash.png
Crash.png (129.03 KiB) Viewed 5137 times
... this shows. Really don't get it, that parked train has been there for like 50 ingame years and now suddenly a train decides to be suicidal? Weird :| Sabotage! Terrorism!
Relocation.png
Relocation.png (141.49 KiB) Viewed 5137 times
Anyway, looked worse than it was; quickyl repaired ;) and relocated the trains. Love following them around when they just randomly go from A to B, makes building networks instead of point-to-point connections worth the effort ;)
CargoTram.png
CargoTram.png (159.7 KiB) Viewed 5137 times
It is, however, often also advantageous to keep some things separate, so I built a new cargo tram line here. Didn't want to rebuild the train network and don't think it has much free capacity left ...
(the bridge horribly glitches. I'll randomly blame Swedish houses ^^)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Taking a bit of a break from the save and instead playing a small scenario -
Izu Isles South.png
Izu Isles South.png (67.75 KiB) Viewed 5024 times
Izu Isles North.png
Izu Isles North.png (51.28 KiB) Viewed 5024 times
- names are based on the Izu Isles, other than that it's not really any real life place, just some randomly generated map. Not yet sure how playable it is. Not a lot of space there ^^ but it's just something for in-between anyways.
Vulcano.png
Vulcano.png (87.48 KiB) Viewed 5024 times
Only buses for now so not much to show. Where is the "volcanic eruption catastrophe" patch? ;)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Toshima.png
Toshima.png (82.35 KiB) Viewed 4983 times
Debts are paid and basic bus routes ...routed. Japanese naming here seems a bit amusing to me, to my understanding "shima" basically means island, so they call the island "To-shima" and the village on it "Toshima-mura" with mura meaning village. So it's To-island and Toisland-village. Might've expected it to be called To-mura, but apparently not ^^
Anyways, this is pretty much the current "industrial" center, as there's basically no industry aside from fishing (and some sheep). Fish are handled by a local company, so all I'm doing is distributing food - still quite profitable.
Habuminato.png
Habuminato.png (174.77 KiB) Viewed 4983 times
No naming trivia for that one, though I think it's related to "fishing harbor". Unlike it's real-world counterpart though this one is slightly inland, so no port. Just as mountainous though (comparing pictures ;) ).
Ingame it has the honor to host the local Japanese Automobile Federation branch (for generic car traffic *cough*). I'd really like to go for a drive on those serpentines myself :?
Trains.png
Trains.png (144.81 KiB) Viewed 4983 times
No OTTD game is completely without trains and while I currently lack funds I think it might turn out something like this, going on to Toshima-mura. Usually it'd probably build a tram from Hachijo to Okado and just start the train line there, but with so few towns to connect I might as well choose the most ... interesting option ;)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Turns out these plans were much too expensive as I'd have to raise some land from sea level to build it sensible, which is why I did things a bit differently:
Hachijo Station.png
Hachijo Station.png (124.67 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
Building the station on Hachijo on that hill not only makes it simpler to get pass the road connections, it also means the height level difference to Okago is smaller ...
Okago Loop.png
Okago Loop.png (136.15 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
Pretty simple and without the need of too much terraforming (well, I'd still have prefered less, but what can you do ...).
By the way, while the train itself is operating at nearly perfect +/- 0 (I'm not sure I've ever had that before xD ) obviously adding in the infrastructure cost makes this a rather wasteful line. Hopefully expanding it will fix that, though I have some doubts ;)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

It was very interesting to watch. Nicely :) .
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

I do love that spiral shot into Okago - very scenic! :)
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Thanks :) It's definitely a train route I'd love traveling once ... just imagining exiting the tunnel below Okago and entering the bridge above sea ... ah, must feel nice :)
Mountain Route.png
Mountain Route.png (122.08 KiB) Viewed 4755 times
Meanwhile I've connected Mitsune to Okago by travelling along the Southern side of the local mountains, tunneling below Nishi-yama (again one of those really creative names - West mountain). I think this is pretty much the first time I've ever build a route like this on a mountain side instead of somewhere more flat ... well, at least the view should be nice. Just don't derail there.
Mitsune.png
Mitsune.png (134.12 KiB) Viewed 4755 times
Afterwards we enter Mitsune which immediately feels more industrial with the loop basically integrated into the town itself. Still, I quite like how it turned out. No needlessly steep parts on the track anywhere.
Toshima.png
Toshima.png (86.25 KiB) Viewed 4755 times
After crossing the mountains to their Northern side at Mitsune through a tunnel (basically the same as at Okago, going back to that side) and running along their sides again we cross over to Toshima where the line then ends. To my great disappointment there's no loop involved this time. I also didn't manage to come up with any sane solution to further connect the line to the Northern island (diagonal bridges patch anywhere? Or better: curved bridges? ^^) so that's about it for now.

Weirdly enough I seem to have some trouble with wrongly reserved track tiles as soon as I place a PBS signal in case anyone wonders why there aren't any ;) I'll probably upgrade the tracks and check if the problem still exists, then decide what to do ^^ Might be a patch bugging around, dunno.

Return to “Screenshots”