TT-Screenshot Of The Month - April 2012 to November 2013

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - May Entries

Post by SwissFan91 »

STD wrote:Good day :) ! And when will be announced theme of the month?
The new theme is Airports :)
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

SwissFan91 wrote:
The funny part is he had even quoted it in his previous post :lol:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

A321Pilot wrote:
SwissFan91 wrote:
The funny part is he had even quoted it in his previous post :lol:
The funny part is, the first place I'd look would be the very first post, and that post wasn't updated for a few days. ;)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Not too long left. Keep 'em coming everyone!
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

SwissFan91 wrote:Not too long left. Keep 'em coming everyone!
Yes. At the beginning of next month to begin voting for a screenshot of the month.
Interestingly, will present this time players on the theme: Airports :) .
On earth many different airports, that approximately build in the game.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

When will the voting start? :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Later today - when my head hurts a little less! :P
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Thoroughly looking forward to seeing the entries, I've never managed to (in my view) create a realistic looking airport/station connection - something I'm keen to see!
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SwissFan91 wrote:Later today - when my head hurts a little less! :P
How's the headache? We need you to get well soon :))
Image Image
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Unfortunately it was not bad enough to keep me from going to work today! I will close the competition tonight, for sure :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

You wish for a more severe headache? :tongue:
Image Image
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Purno wrote: How's the headache? We need you to get well soon :))
Join to the words spoken. Get well soon, SwissFan91 :))
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Okay, so as a new thing this month I am going to name the entries I have. This way, if I have missed someone, they can speak now as opposed to when I have opened the voting. This should mean that I do not have to cock about resetting the voting. From now on I will do this a few days before the entry deadline so this month will be a one-off.

May Entries:
Purno
STD
Zooks
Quast65
ISA

jor[d]1 - you PM'd but I never received a screenshot.

If there are no objections to this list then I will upload the screenshots tomorrow night. I apologise for the messing around but as I mention above - it should run a lot smoother from June onwards.

Thanks.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SwissFan91 wrote:From now on I will do this a few days before the entry deadline so this month will be a one-off.
Wouldn't it be easier to take the entry deadline a few days forward? I mean, AFAICT we now have 3 weeks to submit entries and 1 week to vote. I usually submit my screenshot in the first few days, so to me a 3 week time period to enter submissions sounds excessively long. Would it perhaps be an idea to split the month into 2 week submissions, 1 week administration (anything you need to do, check submissions, preparing your posts, etc), 1 week voting?

And you may want to plan in a bit of time for the winner to pick a new theme too.

If there are no objections to this list then I will upload the screenshots tomorrow night.
No objections from my side.
I apologise for the messing around but as I mention above - it should run a lot smoother from June onwards.
Plan in some more time for yourself. Basically what I said above ^^
Image Image
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

May SOTM has now shut. Voting is now open. Here, in no particular order, are the screenshots for Airports:

ISA
London International Airport!<br />First there was a little harbor, but as city officials saw that wasn't enough. So decision was made in the mid 30's to build an airport and modernize the harbor. Year's went by and as the planes went bigger the city officials were once again front of the hard decision what to do. But when the Boeing 707 arrived to the sky's there wasn't much to think. The plane just was to big for the old airport and heart crushing decision was once again made... to shut down the airport completely! First thoughts were it should take a year and half to build new Terminal A, build the new runway longer and once again modernize the infrastructure. What actually happened was that as such major build, lot of extra work needed to be done, it went over the deadline 6 months and cost huge amount extra money, but here is the result!<br /><br />Year is 1962 and first of the Boeing 707's arrive into London.<br />One is taking off, one is towed out from gate 2 and one is in finals for touch down.
London International Airport!
First there was a little harbor, but as city officials saw that wasn't enough. So decision was made in the mid 30's to build an airport and modernize the harbor. Year's went by and as the planes went bigger the city officials were once again front of the hard decision what to do. But when the Boeing 707 arrived to the sky's there wasn't much to think. The plane just was to big for the old airport and heart crushing decision was once again made... to shut down the airport completely! First thoughts were it should take a year and half to build new Terminal A, build the new runway longer and once again modernize the infrastructure. What actually happened was that as such major build, lot of extra work needed to be done, it went over the deadline 6 months and cost huge amount extra money, but here is the result!

Year is 1962 and first of the Boeing 707's arrive into London.
One is taking off, one is towed out from gate 2 and one is in finals for touch down.
ISA.png (131.71 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
Jor[d]1
jord1.png
jord1.png (454.83 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
Purno
Purno.png
Purno.png (51.54 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Quast65
Quast65.png
Quast65.png (248.46 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
STD
STD.png
STD.png (337.3 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
Zooks
Zooks.png
Zooks.png (58.14 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
kamnet

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - May Voting

Post by kamnet »

Holy wow! :shock: Everybody went all-out on these screenshots! Definitely imaginative!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I'm sorry, but I don't like oversized huge things, so many of those freaking huge airports didn't get my vote, even though I'm sure they're well made and took quite some effort. :P

I prefer the smaller scale airports, but twas still a hard choice to vote. I liked STD's shot a lot, well detailed, but still small scale. ISA's shot is nice too, but I don't think the airport really has the focus here (also, that house on the end of the runway...). I obviously don't go voting for my own shot.

So yeah, STD's shot won my vote!

Looking forward to next month's theme. :)
Image Image
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

All screenshots are just perfect. Very much liked me :bow: .
I should have another screenshot to do. After I thought about it. Was an option to make better airport.
I wish everyone good luck :D .
Purno wrote:
Looking forward to next month's theme. :)
Also really looking forward to next month theme :) There are not less interesting theme.

Looks unusual screenshot Quast65: military base. Very good imagination of the creator :D .
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

This poll is quite exciting. Didn't expect much of my shot, but apparently people like it.
Image Image

Return to “Screenshots”