FLHerne's UK screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

FLHerne's UK screenshots

Post by FLHerne »

I'm not very good at documenting the development of my games, but I thought it might be worthwhile to post some screenshots.
I normally play Chill's Patchpack with UKRS2, FIRS and quite a few other grfs.
First lot - Pinlow Minerals c.1990
The main steel mill station, surrounded by junctions for other lines.
Pinlow Minerals, 28th Aug 1995.png
Steel Mill
(825.08 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Oil refinery station, next to one of the primary main lines.
Pinlow Minerals, 26th Mar 1992.png
Oil Refinery
(733.47 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
More stations and junctions, just west of the first picture. This one has some sharp bends that might have been worth dealing with.
Pinlow Minerals, 26th Mar 1992#1.png
(818.59 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Next time: mountains and snow!
Last edited by FLHerne on 24 Dec 2012 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: FLHerne's random screenshots

Post by JacobD88 »

Lovely shots FLHerne! :bow:

Keep building the beautiful stations
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Lovely shots FLHerne!
These two are a quick overview of my new map. Extra height levels very much in evidence, the network rises from sea level to 10,800ft :D
This one has some boats, too. Detail screenshots (with trees but not signs) to follow at some point.

Picture 1: West corner of the map. The line from Brickworks Jct on the coast to St Austell summit is rather steep, as is the one through Dovercourt.
The mainline along the coast is obvious at the bottom.
Thomson & Co., 23rd Jan 1947.png
West overview
(521.61 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Picture 2: East end (for now) of the network. Other end of the coast mainline is also obvious, Matlock steel mill, its approaches and supply branches are near the centre.
Most of the ocean industries are served by boats.
Thomson & Co., 23rd Jan 1947#1.png
(611.88 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Smaller screenshots - should show inline now.
Anyway...Aberdaugleddau Docks not as busy as usual, it's one of the three main ports along the coast.
Aberdaugleddau
Aberdaugleddau
Thomson & Co., 9th Jul 1945.png (169.15 KiB) Viewed 19121 times
The agricultural stations at Chadwell Heath - Milk, Livestock and Plant Fibres. The milk train is reversing into the station, due to space constraints. The quarry trains go up the hill to Chapel-en-le-Frith.
Chadwell
Chadwell
Thomson & Co., 9th Jul 1945#1.png (284.3 KiB) Viewed 19121 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

FLHerne wrote: The milk train is reversing into the station, due to space constraints.
Nice job! 90 degree turns look awful, especially in tight situations like that. That solution is much more realistic (if the trains actually went in reverse, that is :) )
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Just one picture.
Steel trains cross Crowthorne Viaduct on their way to/from St. Austell. In the background is the twisty, steep, flat-junctioned line which the line via the viaduct replaced, only used now for shorter-distance mineral trains.
Thomson & Co., 17th Mar 1947#1.png
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Sorry it's been a bit quiet, I've been busy this week.
More screenshots! :D

Having crossed the viaduct, empty livestock and loaded steel trains slog up Dovercourt Hill. This bit of line is rather steep.
Thomson & Co., 13th Jan 1946.png
Thomson & Co., 13th Jan 1946.png (297.11 KiB) Viewed 18876 times
The livestock train above was heading here - Dovercourt Farm. Serving several farms on the slopes of the mountains, it's a transshipment point for livestock and plant fibres.
Thomson & Co., 13th Jan 1946#1.png
Thomson & Co., 13th Jan 1946#1.png (307.39 KiB) Viewed 18876 times
Random screenshot. Fort William, the most westerly station on the network and hub of the small passenger network in the area. A railmotor waits for the platform as a train begins the long climb to St. Austell.
Thomson & Co., 13th Jan 1946#2.png
Thomson & Co., 13th Jan 1946#2.png (281.82 KiB) Viewed 18876 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

More pictures - is anyone looking? :(

The steel mill at Matlock - a major traffic centre, possibly the busiest point on the network.
To the top left is the line towards Crowthorne Viaduct and the mountains, lower left is the line up from the coast. To the right are some short mineral branches, and another route to the coast.
Thomson & Co., 22nd Nov 1948.png
Thomson & Co., 22nd Nov 1948.png (308.15 KiB) Viewed 18746 times
Sutton East Junction, where the line from Matlock joins the coastal mainline.
Thomson & Co., 22nd Nov 1948#1.png
Thomson & Co., 22nd Nov 1948#1.png (241.87 KiB) Viewed 18746 times
Just east of Matlock, a scrap train comes off the branch, as trains carrying oil and plant fibres to the coast pass. A short train loads at the ore mine in the background.
Thomson & Co., 22nd Nov 1948#2.png
Thomson & Co., 22nd Nov 1948#2.png (344.98 KiB) Viewed 18746 times
kotssmurf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by kotssmurf »

FLHerne wrote:More pictures - is anyone looking? :(
I'm looking :-) I'll even tell you more: I'm liking what I'm seeing.
Keep it up!
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

I'm looking and I'm absolutely dumbfound...
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

I'm looking I'll even tell you more: I'm liking what I'm seeing.
Keep it up!
Looks like someone was watching then :P

Keeping it up...heading east from the second picture of the last post, the first station is the sugar-beet terminal at Sutton.
Lorries bring in sugar-beet from the surrounding farms, where it gets loaded for its train ride to Chadwell Heath.
Thomson & Co., 23rd Dec 1951#4.png
Thomson & Co., 23rd Dec 1951#4.png (270.76 KiB) Viewed 18667 times
Continuing east, Furness Dairy is rail-served; trains for butter and cream wait for their loads. A livestock train heads east, barely missing some buses heading to Furness, as a couple of sugar-beet lorries trundle around.
Thomson & Co., 23rd Dec 1951#3.png
Thomson & Co., 23rd Dec 1951#3.png (290.46 KiB) Viewed 18667 times
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

I like last picture and its industrial area with CHIPS stations. Nice Screenshots and I am watching these too!
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

I'm also watching, and admiring the fantastic use of various station bits. Keep it up!
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Just a few more pictures, carrying on from where I left off - nothing particularly interesting...

Oil refinery, quarry sidings. I finally found a short, high-volume route to use the HEQS crawlers on :D
Thomson & Co., 23rd Dec 1951#2.png
Thomson & Co., 23rd Dec 1951#2.png (265.45 KiB) Viewed 18572 times
Directly below the previous picture - the junction was recently remodeled, but still causes delays. A chemical train arrives for the factories, while the trucks leave the dockside to trundle across the line, having been filled by the departing freighter. The platforms by the dock are for fish traffic, a fishing boat has just dropped off its catch.
Thomson & Co., 23rd Dec 1951#1.png
Thomson & Co., 23rd Dec 1951#1.png (216.46 KiB) Viewed 18572 times
The eastern end of the coast line - for now at least: a sausage train waits in the yard, as another batch of cows arrive to meet their doom :twisted: . Branch trains load in the local scrapyard.
NOTE: the hideous trackwork for the depot (and the depot itself) is temporary :oops: .
Thomson & Co., 23rd Dec 1951.png
Thomson & Co., 23rd Dec 1951.png (260.33 KiB) Viewed 18572 times
Hopefully I'll have some more interesting stuff next time, I've been quite busy. :(
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Sorry - I've had coursework to complete so not much time to play, or post screenshots.
Anyway, another series of screenshots, this time heading west from Sutton East Jct, along the core part of the coast mainline.

The stone loading point is full, so much so that the fish platforms have stone heaps too! :P
Thomson & Co., 2nd Nov 1952.png
Thomson & Co., 2nd Nov 1952.png (218.74 KiB) Viewed 18362 times
Sugar-beet is loaded at Sutton West, as stone and iron ore are dragged past on the mainlines.
Thomson & Co., 2nd Nov 1952#1.png
Thomson & Co., 2nd Nov 1952#1.png (231.81 KiB) Viewed 18362 times
Five trains in shot (just) at Sutton West Jct, where the coast line diverges again.
Thomson & Co., 2nd Nov 1952#2.png
Thomson & Co., 2nd Nov 1952#2.png (262.09 KiB) Viewed 18362 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

The other half of West Jct - the actual split. Empty mineral trains come down from the mountains, ore gets loaded, random depots should have been removed (again) :oops: .
This is also the terminus of an electrified passenger service.
Thomson & Co., 2nd Nov 1952#3.png
Thomson & Co., 2nd Nov 1952#3.png (288.68 KiB) Viewed 18357 times
SniperDJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SniperDJ »

whoops, your running in the red

but why do you use third rails, are their any metro trains running there? i find it rather ugly (don't get me wrong) when normal trains move over third rails
ImageImageTake a look at my Australia Scenario (work in progress)Image Proud citizen of The Netherlands
recently aquired the FCE
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

He is using UKRS which has third rail locos.
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

EDIT: More descriptions, typos
why do you use third rails, are their any metro trains running there?
Quoteing myself...
This is also the terminus of an electrified passenger service.
The aforementioned EMU service runs from Stowmarket (with overall roofs, seen in the last shot), and calls at...

...Adderley Park (once the terminus, hence the odd layout)...
[Fish heads to Aberdaugleddau, scrap metal to Matlock via the Preston Heights avoiding line]
Thomson & Co., 28th Mar 1953.png
Thomson & Co., 28th Mar 1953.png (287.67 KiB) Viewed 18147 times
...Aberdaugleddau (station and docks shown earlier, the other side of town)...
[Buses grind up the hill, a sugar-beet train takes the flyover before heading under the town. I think the brick arch makes a good tunnel portal :wink: ]
Thomson & Co., 28th Mar 1953#1.png
Thomson & Co., 28th Mar 1953#1.png (293.57 KiB) Viewed 18147 times
...and Dilton Marsh.
[More buses; an EMU heads west towards Brickworks Jct.]
Thomson & Co., 28th Mar 1953#2.png
Thomson & Co., 28th Mar 1953#2.png (272.69 KiB) Viewed 18147 times
The service is operated by 4-car 3rd-rail EMUs...from the excellent UKRS2, of course.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Totally random screenshot from another game...ships in great multitude!
One airship, too. :P
Kimble Bay Transport Ltd., 9th Apr 1933.png
Kimble Bay Transport Ltd., 9th Apr 1933.png (44.04 KiB) Viewed 18104 times

Return to “Screenshots”