FLHerne's UK screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FLHerne's UK screenshots

Post by YNM »

FLHerne wrote:Not possible in trunk OTTD at the moment. :(
But the devs have been toying around with it for a long time. You just need to remove some codes, right ? :wink:

There were some debates on station roof height and bridge height...
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

It's been a while, but I'm still going with this.

Ever since the 86+Mk2 sets were withdrawn in favour of Mk1 EMUs, Uckfield line commuters have been moaning about the stock.
Perhaps these gleaming new Mk3-based 442s will make them happy?
442001 leads a 12-car formation fast through Trafford Park, squeezing between older EMUs on suburban services.
Spondon Cross Railways, 15th May 1991.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 15th May 1991.png (198.95 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
Just around the corner the junction station at Fort Matilda was getting overcrowded, preventing additional local services running through from Trafford Park. A spur has been built off the TP-FM line down to the lakeside to serve a new station on the lakeside. Tube services that formerly turned back at Trafford Park Metro station have also been extended to meet the ferries.
Spondon Cross Railways, 9th May 1991#2.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 9th May 1991#2.png (182.67 KiB) Viewed 3694 times
The freight yard and junction at Fairburn North just keeps growing.
Newish Class 60s on bulk mineral and oil trains still slog through; the container trains have been handed over to 92s and moved back to the fast lines to separate them from slow freight. The APTs on the Avonmouth line remain unique - the more recent electrification of the old Rhymney line used the cheaper 91+Mk4 sets, and the 90s now used on the Poole and Fairburn loops are only an incremental improvement on the 86s that preceded them.
Spondon Cross Railways, 19th Nov 1994.png
(238.71 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

How many trains on the screenshots :P . Places shows that there are traffic jams. Very good screenshots. :))
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Fairhaven Logistics Centre has probably the second-highest throughput of any station on the network, after the similar facility at Goxhill (or maybe third after the docks at West Calder).
Featuring clay, iron ore, coal, sand, stone, bauxite, oil, metal, petrol, farm supplies and engineering supplies, moved by ships, trains and helicopters on their way from everywhere to everywhere else. :D
Spondon Cross Railways, 17th Jun 1993.png
(192.6 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Very nice!
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Dave

Post by Dave »

Coo, Flherne, these are excellent!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Thanks Dave and Trond for the compliments. :D

Fun (?) with grade separation at Botley Junction. There's a reason I mostly stick to flat crossings. :P
Spondon Cross Railways, 5th Jul 1996.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 5th Jul 1996.png (166.17 KiB) Viewed 3292 times
An elderly Class 37, in fading Railfreight grey, waits for its MGR hoppers to be filled at Blaenrhondda Mine.
Another mineral branch runs along the south edge of the valley.
Spondon Cross Railways, 5th Jul 1996#1.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 5th Jul 1996#1.png (180.47 KiB) Viewed 3292 times
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

St Ives is the final passenger station on a branch from Reading (freight trains continue down to Ockendon). A pair of Turbostars roll into the small town's single bay platform.
Spondon Cross Railways, 28th Sep 2002.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 28th Sep 2002.png (176.69 KiB) Viewed 3228 times
A pair of 67s (these things are a nightmare to find a use for! :evil: ) sit at Ockendon Farm waiting for the harvest to come in.
Spondon Cross Railways, 28th Sep 2002#2.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 28th Sep 2002#2.png (130.61 KiB) Viewed 3228 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Class 67s are a pretty pointless locomotive. They were built for high speed mail services but they all got cancelled shortly after they were delivered and they've not really found a use properly since. They're mostly used on short intercity trains up to 6 coaches in length, pretty crap locos really!
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

If only Pikka had put the Mk3 DVTs into his set. :(

They're doing OK on the grain runs though - slow drag up the branch, but it's all downhill along the mainline to Fairburn and that extra 15mph over a 66 helps keep them ahead of IC225s.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

The Victorian main station building at Reading Great Eastern survives, but all other traces of the original have been lost in a recent reconstruction. Passengers are as disgruntled as the historians - the new roofs provide far less shelter than the old plaform buildings.

The new layout has almost twice as many platforms as before, however, allowing for this lineup of trains.
Spondon Cross Railways, 2nd Jul 2001.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 2nd Jul 2001.png (195.67 KiB) Viewed 3136 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Beautiful screenshots. Always interesting to read the description to them :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

A rather awkward new curve at Birmingham Junction allows trains from east of the city to continue through to South Gyle. It's the only location on the network where passenger trains turn 180 degrees within their own length, as demonstrated by a pair of brand-new Voyagers on a London to South Gyle service.
Older HSTs on Eaglescliffe/Plumpton <-> Birmingham/Glaisdale trips are also in evidence, as are a few airliners and a tube train.
Spondon Cross Railways, 29th Dec 2004.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 29th Dec 2004.png (152.25 KiB) Viewed 2976 times
Another pair of Voyagers speed over the SXCFML on their way down the hill from Limehouse. The 221s' tilt capability is handy for the sharp curves on this stretch.
Spondon Cross Railways, 31st Dec 2004.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 31st Dec 2004.png (140.46 KiB) Viewed 2976 times
Two Class 67s on an empty train of grain hoppers roll onto the mainline at Poole to follow a Pendolino east; a 66-hauled beet train is about to turn onto the Fairburn freight branch alongside it.
Spondon Cross Railways, 31st Dec 2004#1.png
Spondon Cross Railways, 31st Dec 2004#1.png (169.83 KiB) Viewed 2976 times
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Very nice as usual :)

What signals are those you're using?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Standard OGFX ones, I think? :?
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

I just tought they looked a bit different, so I wondered if they came with the tracks or something :)

Bertrand Russell

FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

The track is NuTracks, but I checked before my last post and they look the same to me. :wink:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Cool screenshots with excellent adjusted railway infrastructure :)
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Brill screenshots. That is one busy freight line in the middle picture.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Kevo00 wrote:Brill screenshots. That is one busy freight line in the middle picture.
That's the reserve one, built to take some of the load after the first one got overloaded...also, that's the quieter half of it! :roll:
Double-headed 92s really do keep things moving though. :D

Return to “Screenshots”