Leanden's Modern Day UK

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Leanden's Modern Day UK

Post by STD »

I also interested in this question. Would be cool if this will be possible :) . I hope that in the future these types of airport will be able to encode. Will wait for the coming of this day :D .
I looked at your screenshots of the games. Look great stations! Do you have saves? :) With great pleasure I would like to see your network traffic.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Unfortunately i lost all my saves of those screenshots, but ive recently upgraded to a PC with 24GB RAM so i should be able to accomodate a large game again :)
Karn
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Karn »

Leanden wrote: I wonder how difficult it would be to code this as a working airport using the full length runway :D
Depends on how you define working airport. :D One of potential problems is limit 255 tiles per airport. I'm not sure, if there would be consequences with changing it, but something tells me, there can be reason for such small limit (16x16 tiles without one tile). Other thing is complexity of movement scheme of your airport. Someone has to invent whole thing and somehow prevent deadlocks. Terminus airports patch extends some technical limits, I guess the easiest way is to code it as another terminus airport.
TBH, it's annoying repetitve work for weeks. At some point, you will have to write every possible aircraft position in relative X and Y coordinates. And movement scheme state machine is hell.
Slower acceleration on long runway should be quite easy.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Looking at this i had an idea to update the way Planes work, they operate as RV until they can reach a runway wherr they become aircraft. Therefore individual gates could be placed as stations with the planes moving into taxi areas as an RV until they reach the runway for takeoff.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Nice work with the screenshot. Keep it coming!
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Leanden wrote:Looking at this i had an idea to update the way Planes work, they operate as RV until they can reach a runway wherr they become aircraft. Therefore individual gates could be placed as stations with the planes moving into taxi areas as an RV until they reach the runway for takeoff.
If you can get that idea to work, it would be a new revolutionary way of how planes work in Openttd!!!
It would mean that people can create completely custom airports, that would be brilliant!!!

A thing to think about is the taxiways, will they become a separate roadtype inside the airport-menu? Or can they be offered as an extra "normal" roadtype (which would open the possibility for more roadtypes)? Or will they become normal roads, that will need (for example) overlapping tiles to give them the appearance of taxiways?

Please keep us updated about your ideas and eventual progress in realising this! :bow:
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Leanden wrote:Unfortunately i lost all my saves of those screenshots, but ive recently upgraded to a PC with 24GB RAM so i should be able to accomodate a large game again :)
I will wait new save game and new screenshots :) . I also want to try to make the airport, which is located near the city of Samara. I liked your idea of building the airport set GRF's :) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Quast65 wrote:
Leanden wrote:Looking at this i had an idea to update the way Planes work, they operate as RV until they can reach a runway wherr they become aircraft. Therefore individual gates could be placed as stations with the planes moving into taxi areas as an RV until they reach the runway for takeoff.
If you can get that idea to work, it would be a new revolutionary way of how planes work in Openttd!!!
It would mean that people can create completely custom airports, that would be brilliant!!!

A thing to think about is the taxiways, will they become a separate roadtype inside the airport-menu? Or can they be offered as an extra "normal" roadtype (which would open the possibility for more roadtypes)? Or will they become normal roads, that will need (for example) overlapping tiles to give them the appearance of taxiways?

Please keep us updated about your ideas and eventual progress in realising this! :bow:
Oh Quast you sarcastic soul :P

My knowledge of coding has come a long way since i last frequented these forums. The idea would be to have the roadtype unique in the airport window, but to be quite frank, looking at the code, Aircraft would need a rewrite from the ground up to accomodate this. But handling planes in this way will strike out the state machine issue that is prohibitive to newGRF implementations.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

I wasnt sarcastic, I am genuinely impressed by this idea and really hope it is possible to impliment this!
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Quast65 wrote:I wasnt sarcastic, I am genuinely impressed by this idea and really hope it is possible to impliment this!
Sorry Quast, i have a bad experience with members on these forums :)

Thanks for the nice words then, i think its a different way to tackle the issue which could generate some nice results. Pathfinder vs State Machine makes for much more flexible airports.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Leanden wrote:My knowledge of coding has come a long way since i last frequented these forums. The idea would be to have the roadtype unique in the airport window, but to be quite frank, looking at the code, Aircraft would need a rewrite from the ground up to accomodate this. But handling planes in this way will strike out the state machine issue that is prohibitive to newGRF implementations.
Such a patch would blow everybody's mind! It may be worth it to fork OpenTTD over this!
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

kamnet wrote:
Leanden wrote:My knowledge of coding has come a long way since i last frequented these forums. The idea would be to have the roadtype unique in the airport window, but to be quite frank, looking at the code, Aircraft would need a rewrite from the ground up to accomodate this. But handling planes in this way will strike out the state machine issue that is prohibitive to newGRF implementations.
Such a patch would blow everybody's mind! It may be worth it to fork OpenTTD over this!

I wonder if making this change would lose the essence of transport tycoon? Would it be improving the game or moving it onto something else entirely?

Also to reach the desired effect mechanically and graphically, the taxiways would be more like railways with single tile stations.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Im going to split this off into a new topic.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Return to “Screenshots”