Leanden's Modern Day UK

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Leanden's Screenshots

Post by Leanden »

A little more progress on my UK map. As requested by Swissfan.
Attachments
Northern_Southeastern, 31st Oct 2012.png
(111.02 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Leanden's Modern Day UK

Post by JacobD88 »

Looking great Leanden! Can't wait for more shots; it'd be nice to see some of what you are doing with the tracks up north :bow:
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Which station were you thinking of particularly?
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

The very northern part of the map; Middlesbrough, Hartlepool, etc. down to the Humber if you could? It looks like a separate network to your London one from the map-shot...
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Ok so a few screenshots from the north, no vehicles yet, just track.

I plan to connect up the full train network before populating it with any trains.
Northern_Southeastern, 31st Oct 2012#1.png
(329.94 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Northern_Southeastern, 31st Oct 2012#2.png
(341.13 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Northern_Southeastern, 31st Oct 2012#3.png
(414.99 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

And finally a shot of Hull Paragon Interchange.
Attachments
Northern_Southeastern, 31st Oct 2012#4.png
(287.74 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

Any chance of seeing The Woking/Guildford/Aldershot area, Newton Abbot/Exeter area and Reading?
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Those areas currently only have planning track laid, no actual stations or track configurations as of yet. Im currently focusing on fitting all the motorways throughtout the country.
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

Thanks for the screens Leanden, the network looks fantastic, especially Newcastle and the surrounds; i'll look forward to seeing it all in action :D
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Due to the large number of GRFs i use thought, when i do finally ship the completed scenario, it will have to be shipped with my GRF setup.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Looks good! Interesting choice of climate there?
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

I chose sub-artic so that i could have variable snow lines. That was the only reason.

Bear in mind i started this project just over 2 years ago when Variable snow lines weren't possible in Temperate climate.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Ive had a small revelation which is going to hurt me slightly, but i feel that despite 2 years of work put into this scenario, i'm going to start again from scratch on a much bigger map using Chill's Patchpack. This will resolve some of the current scale issues that I have.

Plus ill get some nice new features like timetable boards and that sort of thing.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Leanden wrote:Ive had a small revelation which is going to hurt me slightly, but i feel that despite 2 years of work put into this scenario, i'm going to start again from scratch on a much bigger map using Chill's Patchpack. This will resolve some of the current scale issues that I have.

Plus ill get some nice new features like timetable boards and that sort of thing.
I frequently have this problem with Swiss scenarios. By the time you have laid all the towns, some new OTTD innovation is around that you want! I want to make a new Swiss scenario right now, but then by the time I get around to laying track on it, the DACH trains will be in about v9 or something.

If you need a hand placing towns/doing track, especially in the south-west, let me know!
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

These shots are really good - I can see a lot of work has gone into them. Just as a matter of interest, where do your flights from your airports (eg Heathrow) actually go to? Since you obviously can't simulate real life air routes...
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

I simulated any domestic flights within the UK, and then emulated some european destinations such as Madrid, Barcelona, Stockholm, Oslo, Paris, Brussels, and even a Cross-Atlantic flight to the US. (I did this just by lifting a bit of land at the map edges and placing a city there :)
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

The new map ive made is a 8192x8192 map covering the whole of the UK including Ireland, and a large portion of Belgium and France. Ive placed the majority of london atm and introduced some companies to cover the major Groups which own TOCs and Bus companies in the UK. Am currently just doing london with all its stations and rail links, plus gonna slip the M25 in, but unfortunately CPP doesnt accept Dutch Road Furniture atm as its not built against 1.2 beta yet.

(Hope to see this soon).

I'm happy to send you the scenario while im at work Swissfan if you wish to place some cities towns and villages around the southwest. Although its a very big map and very intensive on CPU and Memory, and has some GRFs which you cant get from bananas. However if you are really eager to help ill mail you a copy. :)
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

London Stansted Airport:
Attachments
London Stansted.PNG
(125.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Leanden wrote:London Stansted Airport:
Very beautiful airport. I like to watch how the players create something from real life, for example, like the airport. I wait from you for new screenshots :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

I wonder how difficult it would be to code this as a working airport using the full length runway :D

Return to “Screenshots”