[OTTD] Screens by Valdez

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [OTTD] Screens by Valdez

Post by Valdez »

#1 - Due to heavy traffic east of Florence some of the wood-carrying trains have been rerouted via Charleston. This is a single-track part north of Florence

#2 - Same line, this time just a short distance north of Charleston. Most of the original PA-1s have been already replaced with Century series locos..

#3 - An SDP-45 with a full rake of bilevels from Plymouth..
Attachments
JN&WCR 070.png
JN&WCR 070.png (63.94 KiB) Viewed 4594 times
JN&WCR 071.png
JN&WCR 071.png (81.79 KiB) Viewed 4594 times
JN&WCR 072.png
JN&WCR 072.png (69.76 KiB) Viewed 4594 times
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Some more:
Attachments
JN&WCR 073.png
JN&WCR 073.png (173.45 KiB) Viewed 4588 times
JN&WCR 074.png
JN&WCR 074.png (72.28 KiB) Viewed 4588 times
JN&WCR 075.png
JN&WCR 075.png (83.76 KiB) Viewed 4588 times
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Valdez wrote:Some more:
Beautiful screenshots. Realistically, everything is built :) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

Stolen Trees, Canadian Buildings and Trains and NuTracks in sub-arctic just makes everything beautiful right? :wink:
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

UseYourIllusion wrote:Stolen Trees, Canadian Buildings and Trains and NuTracks in sub-arctic just makes everything beautiful right? :wink:
I think Yes. I just like the style of construction, Valdez :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Hello again..

I messed up with my grf database, which means the North American game is no-go until I can be bothered to un-fail it. Meanwhile, updates happened and I started a new game.

This one's Japan-themed (kinda), with the full Japan set, Japanese (Hiroshima?) trams, Toei set and some other customary stuff thrown in for a good measure. Also, this game is my first experience with CargoDist and actually using (gasp!) schedules.

So far I like the CargoDist, I consider it superior to the Simutrans model - I'm not sure about Experimental (never played it), but the basic version of ST threw everything on the fastest route, while the alternate ones weren't used at all. CargoDist on the other hand does spill over. The only sore point is that it looks for shortest route in terms of distance instead of time, which means that when there are

The schedules and auto-separation on the other hand.. I originally wanted to use them on everything that carried passengers (I generally don't use full load with passengers/mail/valuables), but since I tend to play larger maps, I quickly found that I spend way too much time on this. End result - I'm using it for city RVs only.

Enough babbling, time to see the screens:

#1 - Miki-Miura semi-fast train on the Miki-Utsunomiya line. Since the map has quite a lot of water, along with some decently sized coastal cities, I ended up using more ships on one corner of the map than I usually use on entire maps in other games. This one runs between Miura, Kuki and Inabe. Also, the new FISH is nice.

#2 - Another ship, this one's running the Miki-Inabe service. Miki station has been already expanded, the next large project is going to be the harbor area.

#3 - Yamaguchi on the northern mainline, with some random traffic
Attachments
JNR 001.png
JNR 001.png (59.02 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
JNR 002.png
JNR 002.png (94.41 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
JNR 003.png
JNR 003.png (92.88 KiB) Viewed 4194 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - Another part of the northern mainline, this time further to the east. This line section between Uki and Aizuwakamatsu has been quadrupled due to fairly heavy all-stop traffic interfering with the faster trains.

#2 - Another part of Miki-Utsunomiya line. Mitoyo is the third largest town on the line after Miki and Miura. Since it's located just a bit more than a stone throw from the line terminus at Utsunomiya, the station is fairly basic.

#3 - A bunch of interurbans from the Toei set near Inabe..
Attachments
JNR 004.png
JNR 004.png (99.54 KiB) Viewed 4183 times
JNR 005.png
JNR 005.png (133.79 KiB) Viewed 4183 times
JNR 006.png
JNR 006.png (75.63 KiB) Viewed 4183 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Very good screenshots. Cool to build the railroad tracks :))
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Some more:

#1 - A pair of iron ore trains running between a big mine at Sanuki and a steel mill at Yamatotakada

#2 - Another pair of trains on the same service, this time closer to the destination

#3 - Third time's the charm - Sanuki junction with various cargo trains. I tried to change my build style a bit for the sake of variety, but this one ended up being a bit of a mess.

On an unrelated note - I've started to look for GRFs I intend to use for my next game (likely UK themed). The only problem for me is the city set - TTRS3 doesn't handle 1800-ish starting dates very well (read: fugly, horribly out-of-place grey concrete apartment blocks everywhere), also later it goes way too trigger-happy with the skyscrapers for my liking. I'll probably use the Swedish houses, but I kind of like the roads that are included in TTRS. Any chance that they're available as a separate GRF?
Attachments
JNR 007.png
JNR 007.png (86.25 KiB) Viewed 4030 times
JNR 008.png
JNR 008.png (120.71 KiB) Viewed 4030 times
JNR 009.png
JNR 009.png (87.76 KiB) Viewed 4030 times
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Valdez wrote:The only problem for me is the city set - TTRS3 doesn't handle 1800-ish starting dates very well (read: fugly, horribly out-of-place grey concrete apartment blocks everywhere)
You may be interested in this post, then: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 2#p1053542

It contains a version of TTRS modified to have much better results for early starting dates. It works quite well, IMO. :)
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Thanks for the tip, but I already looked at these.. Solves the pre-1920 start, but the other point still stands, so I'll stick with the Swedish Houses for now. I also tried to look for suitable road set (European-ish, supported by TBRS), but so far the results are negative. The roads from TTRS would be ideal, were they available as a separate GRF.

In other news.. CargoDist means huge number of pax -> lots of trains -> built-in separation leaves much to be desired -> massive blob of trains at chokepoints -> Try to find a patch that addresses this -> Find one, also some others that are worth a try -> Try to patch and compile, fail horribly thanks to zero programming skills and not knowing WTF to do... Remember, failing is fun! I'll try again later today, once my blood pressure returns to bearable values.

Also - screens:

#1 - situation north of Yamatotakada. The sidings were created as a waiting area for commuter trains, but as the paragraph above mentions, this didn't quite work. Uki station used to be three-platform, but once I realized I'm not going to use it for anything else than the commuter trains, I rebuilt the station as a single, unload-only platform.

#2 - Kuki is stationed on the southern tip of Okinawa island, and for some time was the terminus of the Okinawa line (the old platforms can be seen on the northern side. Later the extension towards the mainland was built along with a new station, with the old one relegated to regional duties and a bunch of buses transporting pax between them. After some time the buses proved insufficient, so right now I'm replacing them with a tram service (slower, but with a better capacity)

#3 - central part of Kyoto-Osaki line, located on a peninsula on the western side of the map..
Attachments
JNR 010.png
JNR 010.png (123.04 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
JNR 011.png
JNR 011.png (92.94 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
JNR 012.png
JNR 012.png (127.86 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Very good screenshots :) .
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Thanks..

I tried my hand at patching and compiling again, and this time I actually got the damned executable out, along with a heap of warnings like this one:

Code: Select all

7>icuuc.lib(ubidi.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'vc100.pdb' was not found with 'icuuc.lib(ubidi.obj)'
or at 'C:\OpenTTD\Trunk\objs\Win32\Release\vc100.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
Fail, 0/10 etc... Apparently my PC kung-fu is weak. I'm going to try again, but I'm calling it a day for now. Also for some odd reason I'm banned from local IRC despite the fact that I never used it before.. Oh the joys of shared IPs.

Also - screenshots..

#1 - Fukuoka Station and its surrounding area. The bridges connect the northern mainline (Minoh-Fukuoka-Yamatotakada-Kashiwa) with southern part of Okinawa island via a couple of islands, some of them inhabited. The whole set involves 5 bridges, 3 islands and a lot of earthwork, but it allows rapid transport between Okinawa City and the capital - Kashiwa. One of these expresses can be seen.

#2 - Steam locos on Northern mainline commuter trains have been replaced by 80 Series EMUs with superior capacity, loading times and acceleration. Seiyo's tram system also desperately needs a touch-up.

#3 - A part of Kawanishi-Okazaki Electric Railway with an unit from the Toei set. This one features superior speed and capacity to just about anything else on the map, but they're standard gauge, which means they're confined to this line.
Attachments
JNR 013.png
JNR 013.png (122.02 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
JNR 014.png
JNR 014.png (109.14 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
JNR 015.png
JNR 015.png (61.93 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Hey all, I'm still here...

UKRS2 game, 1770 start. Also trying alternate industries for the FIRSt time...

#1 - A part of the starting capital has been used to build a short tram line connecting the capital city (Shipley) with a nearby town..

#2 - The remainder has been used to build a fishing port near Norwich in the southwestern corner of the map in order to capitalize on some easily accessible resources..

#3 - .. And some time later, similar development followed at Redditch.
Attachments
Shipley Canal & Coach Company 001.png
Shipley Canal & Coach Company 001.png (134.84 KiB) Viewed 3398 times
Shipley Canal & Coach Company 002.png
Shipley Canal & Coach Company 002.png (54.14 KiB) Viewed 3398 times
Shipley Canal & Coach Company 003.png
Shipley Canal & Coach Company 003.png (35.84 KiB) Viewed 3398 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

The company has been slowly expanding for the next 60 years, commissioning new tram lines (most prominent among those are Silsden-Peterborough line on the eastern coast and Sunderland-St.Neots in the far north) as well as more fishing operations. The "canal" part of the company name has proved to be a misnomer so far, as all ship travel over existing bodies of water.

#1 - In 1831, the first practical steam engines have been produced, and the company board has been quick to understand the advantages of the new way to transport goods and passengers. A short line was built between Shipley and Long Eaton with an intermediate stop at Buckley, initially running parallel to the old (and by this time, massively overcrowded) tramway line, and proved to be a massive success, despite all the usual naysayers. In response to the success, the company strategy has been changed - and the company name with it. Now known as the "Grand Union Railway Company", the renamed entity boasted book value well in excess of 12 million pounds.

#2 - Another line was built shortly afterwards on the west coast, connecting Grays with Kingston via Altrincham and Evesham..

#3 - And yet another line between Silsden and Peterborough, again catering for passenger demand the old tramway simply couldn't handle. By 1837, there are already plans to expand Silsden station for the eventual connection to Shipley, on the other hand the tramway, originally meant to be decomissioned, still remains operational, to provide extra capacity for the severely overcrowded railway line.
Attachments
GUR 004.png
GUR 004.png (195.64 KiB) Viewed 504 times
GUR 005.png
GUR 005.png (134.9 KiB) Viewed 504 times
GUR 006.png
GUR 006.png (197.95 KiB) Viewed 504 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - First part of the planned route was built in 1844 - a relatively short line from Burnham to a new terminus at Shipley Cromer Street. Motive power is provided by brand new 0-4-0 engines built by E. Bury & Co. Along with this line, two short tramways have been built along the planned route.

#2 - And by 1848, the task is complete. The imaginary prize for first long distance railway line has been claimed elsewhere, though - the old tramway connecting Sunderland to St. Neots has been supplanted by a railway line, which was then extended along the north coast all the way to Longbenton. There is a consolation prize, though - a dozen new fast engines made by T. Crampton & Co., currently in trial service. One can be seen leaving the sidings on the east side of the station, along with one of the 0-4-0 formerly running between Burnham and Shipley, now en route to Silsden depot to pick up some extra carriages. Eventually they will replace the old Planets on the Silsden-Peterborough line.

#3 - Taunton station is one of the stations along the way, located a short distance south of Shipley. The bay platform is the terminus of a short branch to Sudbury. The old tramway lasted for less than half a decade, and has been removed relatively recently - vegetation has yet to reclaim the old track bed.
Attachments
GUR 007.png
GUR 007.png (87.23 KiB) Viewed 3378 times
GUR 008.png
GUR 008.png (202.09 KiB) Viewed 503 times
GUR 009.png
GUR 009.png (168.08 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - Nyetimber is an important junction on the South Coast - here, the lines from Shipley and Broadstairs converge towards Rayleigh. Originally, this used to be just a 2-track station, but severe congestion (the station IS used by about 30 trains) required an expansion (a quick and dirty fix, at least by my standards). Long term plan to fix this issue involves rerouting of the Shipley-Rayleigh mainline through Bradford.

#2 - Sunderland, the second largest city in the North, with its shiny new station. Other places of interest include the stubs of the original tram line to St. Neots and the large carriage sheds halfway between Sunderland and Ellesmere.

#3 - Munslow, one of the intermediate stations on the Sunderland-Longbenton mainline. The temporary station seen here has been replaced in 1860, mere 12 years after the line opened.
Attachments
GUR 010.png
GUR 010.png (90.41 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
GUR 011.png
GUR 011.png (124.36 KiB) Viewed 502 times
GUR 012.png
GUR 012.png (115.9 KiB) Viewed 502 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Just a bunch of maps, ca. early 1850s... Dark blue lines are lines not yet laid down, merely in a planning stage.

#1 - The southeast with the capital..

#2 - The (north)west.. There's a lot of ship traffic here (about half of the 110 ships the company currently owns)...

#3 - The north(east).. The lines around Yaxley are still under construction, so there aren't any train services yet.
Attachments
GUR 013.png
(64.5 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
GUR 014.png
(41.29 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
GUR 015.png
GUR 015.png (24.38 KiB) Viewed 502 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - Somewhat ironically for a company that used to have "canal" as a part of its name, the first actual canal was built almost two decades after the company was renamed. The canal crosses the isthmus at Altrincham to allow easy access to nearby fishing grounds.

#2 - An overview of Shipley and its surroundings, 1857.

#3 - A screwup during station reconstruction at Barnoldswick resulted in a Broadstairs-Rayleigh train rear-ending a Shipley-Broadstairs all-stopper. The result is 29 dead and well over a hundred wounded.
Attachments
GUR 016.png
GUR 016.png (94.92 KiB) Viewed 502 times
GUR 017.png
(215.24 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
GUR 018.png
(221.38 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Great set of photos - on a grand scale and even grander plans!

Return to “Screenshots”