[OTTD] Screens by Valdez

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Chrill

Re: [OTTD] Screens by Valdez

Post by Chrill »

Valdez wrote:#2 - Newton-le-Willow station, with two pairs of platforms serving each of the lines originating from Warley
I love the way you combine the overpass and the road bridge. I never though of that. I will have to apply that to my games.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

:arrow: Kevo00: I have three rather important things to do or consider when I run mail trains:
1) I run the mail trains only between major cities, with only 1-2 trains on each route.
2) For larger cities some sort of truck feeder service might do wonders
3) And probably most important - CargoDist is turned off for mail (doesn't make sense w/r to realism, but the situation is bad enough with passengers - I don't need to add mail to the madness)

:arrow: Chrill: Those aren't overpasses - Dutch station set addon has special tiles for connecting with TBRS bridges (though the only ones that actually look good handled this way are the initial stone and both concrete bridges)

Also, the year's 1904, number of trains exceeded 1000 and I'm keeping myself busy with rolling stock upgrades..

#1 - Bury station and surrounding area, post-refit. In the end the modification to the station itself has been very limited, with just one new through platform. The real pain was the eastern approach. Also, I moved the secondary station so that the trains calling there (that eventually terminate in the bay platform) don't hold up the expresses.

#2 - Eastern suburbs of Shipley with a rather interesting maze of lines, most notably the recently electrified Central Line of the Shipley Underground, the freight line and just a bit of Shipley-Silsden line in the upper left corner

#3 - Foxdale, once an independent town, now a glorified western suburb of Shipley. One recent addition is the pair of fast lines on the lake shore.
Attachments
GUR 052.png
(417.16 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
GUR 053.png
GUR 053.png (102.79 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
GUR 054.png
GUR 054.png (102.06 KiB) Viewed 3578 times
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote:I love the way you combine the overpass and the road bridge. I never though of that.
It's something that happens sometimes in Suburban areas in the UK Chrill.

---

Valdez, these Screenshots are beautiful, I can't wait to see the progression of this Game :)
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

I'm not surprised you have to turn off cargodist for mail. I have never paid that much attention to cargodisting mail, tending to focus on the passengers.

Love the electrified 'central line' - I find suburban electrification projects, if you can keep them separate from the other madness can pay superb returns on capital.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I tend to only run Hub to Hub mail operations, otherwise they eat up too much capacity and I run them as dedicated trains.
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

I've considered building dedicated mail stations, but in the end I decided against it, at least for the time being.

With the first decade of the 20th century, the game has slowed down to a crawl as I have to upgrade the rolling stock and update the schedules...

#1 - Revised north junction at Radcliffe. Note the trains of another line of Shipley Underground. This particular line used to run from Radcliffe East to Shipley Cromer Street - now with the remodelling done at Radcliffe, the secondary station has been abolished and the line extended westwards to Finsbury and eastwards to Burnham. Also note that I combined the Tube coaches with the original 0-4-4 Metropolitans to better suit the character of the line, with acceleration being less of a concern compared to the top speed

#2 - Rebuilt station at Huxley. Originally this had just two through platforms serving the Rochester to Rayleigh Valley line, in the 1860s two bay platforms were added to serve local trains from Bradford and from Newcastle via Formby and Huxley Bridge. As traffic levels grew, eventually the Bradford line became the mainline, with trains running all the way to Rochester alongside those from Rayleigh Valley, but as the latter's engines were reaching the end of their useful life and new rolling stock started running the line, that line has been shortened to Huxley, terminating in the new bay platform on the southern side of the station.

#3 - Wrexnall station serves the first significant city north of Shipley St.Mark - and given the traffic levels, local geography and the fact that it serves as a junction for route to Silsden (the double track to southeast - also has rather significant freight traffic) as well as the secondary Newtown route via Morningthorpe and Wheatley, the station is a bit of a mongrel. And it's going to go downhill from there - I intend to connect Wrentnall to Watford.
Attachments
GUR 055.png
GUR 055.png (85.17 KiB) Viewed 3392 times
GUR 056.png
GUR 056.png (115.67 KiB) Viewed 3392 times
GUR 057.png
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - Kimberley is very much a "middle of the sticks" place on the eastern edge of the map, located on a short branch to Minster Lovell. Traffic levels are low, so there was little need for an expensive flyover.

#2 - Kingston station, post-1904-rebuild. The long bay platform serves the boat trains to Great Malvern, though with dwindling passenger numbers the service will likely be reduced just to a pair of railmotors.

#3 - Rawmarsh, a rather significant town in the western part of the map that got its rail connection just a few years ago. I originally intended to connect all settlements by 1890 - by 1905 there are still unconnected places. Well, :? .
Attachments
GUR 058.png
GUR 058.png (70.7 KiB) Viewed 3391 times
GUR 059.png
GUR 059.png (105.59 KiB) Viewed 3391 times
GUR 060.png
GUR 060.png (119.87 KiB) Viewed 3391 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

State of the network, 1905

Again, the legend (only on detailed maps):
Blue - Still in planning stages
Brown - Defunct/Lifted

#1 - Overall map
#2 - Southeast
#3 - Southwest
Attachments
GUR 061.png
(102.66 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
GUR 062.png
(125.88 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
GUR 063.png
(124.58 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - Northwest. Lots of work to be done here.
#2 - Northeast
#3 - Rayleigh with both of its rail stations. The tunnels and through platforms at Rayleigh Valley were opened recently.
Attachments
GUR 064.png
(116.58 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
GUR 065.png
(116.19 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
GUR 066.png
GUR 066.png (83.73 KiB) Viewed 3378 times
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Absolutely immense! Was the Great Malvern service bypassed in some way or is it declining absolutely?
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Well.. the ferry service between Evesham and Rushden has been changed to include Great Malvern and Cromer (and had a dozen or so fast steamers added to its roster).. So yeah, the railcars now serve just those going between Kingston and Great Malvern.

Also, some screens:

#1 - Longbenton station has been plagued by congestion. In an attempt to alleviate at least some of it the suburban services from Yatesbury and Wrenthorpe had been given a pair of dedicated platforms..

#2 - Another ancient 0-4-2 tank about to be replaced by a railmotor, this time on the Ulverston branch..

#3 - Meanwhile the western region infills continue - citizens of Beaminster and Rawmarsh now have the choice of two routes - the original circuitous route via Harrogate and Farnborough, or this direct route via Wigan and Berwick. Similar new routes have been built in other parts as well...
Attachments
GUR 067.png
GUR 067.png (94.35 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
GUR 068.png
GUR 068.png (70.04 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
GUR 069.png
GUR 069.png (104.34 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

A Railmotor? With 40 passengers capacity? Ist this in the mid of nothing? :D
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Five weeks with no screens? Shame on me..

:arrow: S-Transport: Well, yes.. Basically, it is a rather long branch line connecting two small villages to the rest of the world - and the amount of pax traffic is easily covered by 8 railmotors with trailers (and I think 6 would've been probably enough).. The line is double-tracked due to a) me using the "if the line isn't double track, it isn't finished" rule that was used in the UK in the early days of railways, and b) in the southern half there's some freight traffic - not much, but enough to warrant the doubling.

Anyway, the promised screens:

#1 - This is currently the shortest stretch of track between any two stations that aren't dedicated to some suburban/metro network. And since Brandon station is used only by the stopping service between Eccles and Willoughby, all it does is cause delays. A new station shared by the two towns is thus planned.

#2 - Shepherdswell has been a terminus with four platforms. In order to provide services between Eccles and cities on the west coast, two through platforms have been added, along with the necessary track connection (and a bridge)

#3 - The line south of Accrington features a rather sharp incline - and given that Accrington lies on a table mountain, there really wasn't a way to avoid this..
Attachments
GUR 070.png
GUR 070.png (116.97 KiB) Viewed 2714 times
GUR 071.png
GUR 071.png (83.42 KiB) Viewed 2714 times
GUR 072.png
GUR 072.png (106.34 KiB) Viewed 2714 times
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Valdez wrote: :arrow: S-Transport: Well, yes.. Basically, it is a rather long branch line connecting two small villages to the rest of the world - and the amount of pax traffic is easily covered by 8 railmotors with trailers (and I think 6 would've been probably enough).. The line is double-tracked due to a) me using the "if the line isn't double track, it isn't finished" rule that was used in the UK in the early days of railways, and b) in the southern half there's some freight traffic - not much, but enough to warrant the doubling.
And I would build one track, because double-tracked it would be unrealistic to me, and a train with 10 carriages would drive.

To the second picture: I often have the problem with half-terminus stations that trains, which should stop at the through part and drive then straight ahead, drive into the terminus part. Don't you have the problem?
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

S-Transport wrote:To the second picture: I often have the problem with half-terminus stations that trains, which should stop at the through part and drive then straight ahead, drive into the terminus part. Don't you have the problem?
If you look a bit closer, you will see the waypoints he uses to avoid this problem. :)
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Oh, I see. :oops:
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Restrictive signaling was awesome for cases like that *sigh*
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Again, almost a month without a screenshot? NOT okay..

#1 - In 1914, two electrification projects were started - a pair of suburban lines northwest of Shipley (Shipley Mayfair to Watford and Bedford to Corby, with a junction at Radcliffe), electrified at 660V DC third rail..

#2 ..and a long line along the northern coast has been electrified at 1500V DC overhead so that it could be used by heavy mineral trains (passenger services are still steam only)..

#3 - Engine roster, ca. 1915. Also, wartime black is ugly*.

* - I'd like to ask Pikka (or anyone, really) a question.. How do the livery autorefits work? I thought the livery is changed any time the train visits a depot (either it is set by a date or a percentual chance of a refit, maybe?), but the wartime black switch happened even with trains that haven't visited any depot since I built them (and that's not the only case - previously, some of the 0-4-2T drivers apparently didn't feel like driving with an open cab anymore - again, no depot stop)..
Attachments
GUR 073.png
GUR 073.png (98.46 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
GUR 074.png
GUR 074.png (105.93 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
GUR 075.png
GUR 075.png (10.84 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Okay, so much for regular posts :roll:

#1 - There are currently two stations in Warley - one serves as a terminus for lines from Shipley Mayfair, Ashford and so on (a bit can be seen in the top right corner), the other one (as seen here) is used by services from Rainford, Ivinghoe Aston and Heskin Green, as well as suburban services from Ashford.

#2 - The never-ending modifications of Darlington station, pictured in 1918.. And that isn't the end yet, since the arrangement for local trains to Vowchurch didn't work as intended - in 1930, I had to add another bay platform and remove the (now useless) northern sidings..

#3 - After decades of neglect, the Southeastern region finally has some proper express motive power... Here's a pair of 4-6-0 Nelsons on the fast line between Urmston and Slough
Attachments
GUR 076.png
GUR 076.png (104.3 KiB) Viewed 2213 times
GUR 077.png
GUR 077.png (95.06 KiB) Viewed 2213 times
GUR 078.png
GUR 078.png (112.18 KiB) Viewed 2213 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Some more:

#1 - A quiet morning on a line between Skelmersdale and Saxondale..

#2 - As a part of the 1930 modification of Darlington station, the whole line between Jevington and Darlington has been quadrupled..

#3 - The usual services at Corby, ca. 1931.. Terminating Shupley Underground trains, stopping trains from Shipley St.Mark to Wrentnall, suburban trains from Corby to Shipley Trafalgar and to Bedford, plus some Pacifics with express trains and even one old 4-4-2 on a service from Broxburn..
Attachments
GUR 079.png
GUR 079.png (85.18 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
GUR 080.png
GUR 080.png (101.39 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
GUR 081.png
GUR 081.png (127.12 KiB) Viewed 2207 times

Return to “Screenshots”