[OTTD] Screens by Valdez

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [OTTD] Screens by Valdez

Post by S-Transport »

Very nicely built!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Heh, thank you :)

Some more:

#1 - Watford is the first major settlement on the Shipley-Ashford/Warley line, and as such is the terminus of Shipley-Watford DC suburban line. Some of the electrics can be seen here, as well as a small selection of the usual traffic - mainline expresses and a Watford-Timbersbrook stopping service hauled by a Pannier tank engine.

#2 - Another Pannier hauls an autotrain service between Kingston and Great Malvern. Originally one steam railmotor has been used, along with a dedicated tram line. The tram line is now defunct and awaiting disposal.

#3 - One of two Garratt engines currently on the engine roster, hauling a full load of ore to a steel mill..
Attachments
GUR 082.png
GUR 082.png (145.68 KiB) Viewed 615 times
GUR 083.png
GUR 083.png (139.99 KiB) Viewed 4356 times
GUR 084.png
GUR 084.png (121.48 KiB) Viewed 4356 times
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
DarkUk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DarkUk »

How do you do it, your screenies and overall look of your network are consistently amazing dude
:bow:
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Hah, thank you :)

OK, time to add some more screens:

#1 - In 1935 a new electrification project was started - the suburban lines out of Shipley Victoria to Bury and Motherwell, as well as the connection between these two towns and Rochdale. Here's the station at Cresswell..

#2 - And the rebuilt station at Long Eaton, where the Cresswell line joins the mainline..

#3 - The Southeastern region isn't the only one with new rolling stock - even though the Northeastern already has some of the best motive power, they just keep adding more - here is one of the brand new streamlined Pacifics blazing through Ripon at full speed..

Some maps will follow, once I get the chance to modify them..
Attachments
GUR 085.png
GUR 085.png (107.74 KiB) Viewed 4269 times
GUR 086.png
GUR 086.png (125.83 KiB) Viewed 4269 times
GUR 087.png
GUR 087.png (99.13 KiB) Viewed 4269 times
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
Dwight_K._Schrute
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dwight_K._Schrute »

Really like your pics.... but what kind of bridges are you using? I also use the UK Road Set but it doesn't work well with TBRS. Is there any other version I should know?
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Speaking of bridges, love the use of the dutch station stairways into the road bridge in that first screen, very original!
Dwight_K._Schrute
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Marshy wrote:Speaking of bridges, love the use of the dutch station stairways into the road bridge in that first screen, very original!
That's why I am asking :-)))
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

It's Pikkabird's brick viaduct bridge, used in just about every bridge set. The stairs come from Dutch Stations Additions Set, designed for the purpose of looking like they attach to the side of an overpass.
Dwight_K._Schrute
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

kamnet wrote:It's Pikkabird's brick viaduct bridge, used in just about every bridge set. The stairs come from Dutch Stations Additions Set, designed for the purpose of looking like they attach to the side of an overpass.

Yes but which bridgeset I have to load which supports the UK Roads? My bridges always look like OpenGFX Roads...
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

It's one of the many variants of Total Bridge Renewal Set - basically, apart from the original set there's a modification for almost every major road set.. Should be fairly easy to find on the forums (maybe there's even a link in the main TBRS thread)

EDIT: Also, here's a map...
Attachments
GUR 088.png
(136.7 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

The UK game is still ongoing (hey, doing timetables on 1400 trains does take some time :D ):

#1: The Northern Circle electric line has been extended from Bedford to Rochdale, and Rochdale station itself has been extensively modified. In addition to three platforms for the Shipley-Timbersbrook (and onwards) mainline and bay platforms for the various electric services there's now a connecting track electrified with third rail to allow for through running, thus connecting both mainline electric networks currently (1936) in existence. The extension scheme itself was a prime example of killing two birds with one stone - I planned to introduce some (electric-hauled) mail service in the Southern division, and at the same time the regular mainline trains were seriously overloaded between Rochdale and Bedford. BAM - electric line, and some extra capacity.

#2: New motive power on the Warley-Shipley expresses..

#3: The separate stations for Morpeth and Brandon are gone now, replaced by this ugly contraption. Also, another Coronation, this time in proper Central Division livery.
Attachments
GUR 089.png
GUR 089.png (126.82 KiB) Viewed 3941 times
GUR 090.png
GUR 090.png (119.59 KiB) Viewed 3941 times
GUR 091.png
GUR 091.png (129.43 KiB) Viewed 3941 times
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

1400 trains?
I lose track of whats going on after I build 30 trains :o!
Awesome screens :)
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Hah, thanks.. having this many trains isn't exactly difficult, but it *does* take some a lot of time to get everything organized (for every 5 minutes of runtime there's maybe half an hour spent shuffling with schedules and timetables, and that's not counting time spent with building and rebuilding stuff.

#1 - Another pair of towns close together - Otley and Maplehurst on the Eccles-Longbenton line. Instead of a common station I opted for a combination of a main station at Otley (also serves as a junction for the Ipswich branch) and a short suburban line with a shuttle train running back and forth between the three stations.
That said, Otley station has just two through platforms that have to handle a lot of traffic (plus a bay for said shuttle, but that doesn't count), plus the passenger demand between the two towns is sufficient to require a tram service in addition to the shuttle.

#2 - On the other end of station size scale is Wrentnall, the first major city on the Northeastern mainline. With 13 platforms, it is the largest station on the whole network, by quite a wide margin (no.2 is Shipley Mayfair with 11 - 4 of those are Underground platforms, and no.3 is Ashford with 10). Also note Central division intruders amongst Eastern division rolling stock.

#3 - Cothill East junction, where the slow and fast lines of the Shipley-Timbersbrook-Durham line split. The slow lines follow the original course towards Rochdale through the rather difficult terrain along the river, while the fast lines turn northeast along the base of the hills and head straight for Shipley Barbican..
Attachments
GUR 092.png
GUR 092.png (131.95 KiB) Viewed 3932 times
GUR 093.png
GUR 093.png (88.25 KiB) Viewed 3932 times
GUR 094.png
GUR 094.png (111.89 KiB) Viewed 3932 times
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Like always very nice and impressive!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Thank you :)

Some more:

#1 - Central mainline between Finsbury and Bridgwater. Also, more Coronations - by late 1939 they displaced essentially all non-commuter rolling stock on the eastern part of the mainline.

#2 - Eastern Division A4 Pacific approaching St. Albans tunnel on the line between Stocksbridge and Crosby. With just 4 articulated coaches they are the fastest rolling stock on the whole network (The A4s running from Shipley to Holmfirth have heavier loads, and while still capable of reaching their top speed, they are a bit on the sluggish side)

#3 - Shipley's Metropolitan underground line is the second to be electrified, naturally a brand new batch of 1938 stock soon followed. This leaves just the District line and the Motherwell branch with steam traction. Also, approach to Shipley Victoria, the busiest station on the whole network, can be seen.
Attachments
GUR 095.png
GUR 095.png (98.3 KiB) Viewed 3757 times
GUR 096.png
GUR 096.png (130.64 KiB) Viewed 3757 times
GUR 097.png
(247.9 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - Section of Eccles-Welwyn Garden City line, just to the east of WGC. And since its 1940 with all the various shortages of rolling stock, there are carriages from various parts of the network on one train..

#2 - The Eccles-Stapleford line carries considerable passenger traffic, and in the western part a lot of freight too... This resulted in a lot of delays in various bottlenecks along the line, so I decided to change things a bit:
  • Stapleford station changed from 3-platform through station + associated sidings into a terminus (see pic). Freight now avoids the station completely.
  • Modified stopping services between Shepherdswell and Stapleford, about a half of them now terminate at Doncaster (with a new bay platform to allow for train reversal) - there is only one intermediate station between Doncaster and Stapleford, and most passengers between these two towns use the semi-fast trains.
  • Warrington station has been extended (see #3) to four platforms for WGC & Stapleford
  • Also Warrington - 2 more platforms for the realigned Eccles to Ashford via Heskin Green line (originally used to run on the northeastern bank of the river).
  • 2 new platforms at Eccles, station approach extensively remodeled (the whole thing was just awful, with 7 lines channelled down to a 7-platform station - and whenever one of the WGC or Stapleford trains has been routed to the eastern platforms, a massive holdup usually followed.)
  • the aging (or already about-to-expire) 4-4-0s on the Warrington line expresses have been replaced by 4-6-0 Royal Scots, displaced from the mainline by the Coronations.
Attachments
GUR 098.png
GUR 098.png (92.29 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
GUR 099.png
(169.48 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
GUR 100.png
GUR 100.png (109.75 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Really enjoying your screens Valdez!
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Love the work Valdez, keep it up :)
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Hah, I'm glad you like these :)

#1 - Eccles station with the revised layout - basically somewhat simplified with the removal of the centre sidings + straightened approach from the east (the sextuple track, leading to Brandon & Morpeth before splitting into separate lines for Warwick, Ipswich, Longbenton and Ashford on the Central mainline), while the southern lines from Warrington have been realigned to form a compact quadruple line - originally there was one dedicated line for WGC and Stapleford and another for Ashford via Heskin Green, with a pair of sidings stuffed between them (note that the line directions were rather loose - trains could and did change at the junction in the lower right, which can also be seen in previous screen). Also, while technically all of Eccles platforms are accessible from both directions, the southern services use only platforms 6-9 (this probably did more for the station throughput than the rest of the rebuild).

#2 - A large train crash with 118 people dead and dozens of injured occurs at Radcliffe, when a commuter EMU on Rochdale-Corby service is rear-ended by a diverted express.

#3 - One of Southern Divisions aging 0-6-0 A1s hauling an all-stop passenger train between Darlington and Atherton near the location of former Orlingbury yard. On the other track is its intended replacement on this service, a 0-6-0 Austerity. Also, given the traffic density on the line and overall low use of this particular service, the replacement trains will run with fewer carriages and at lower frequency.
Attachments
GUR 101.png
(251.53 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
GUR 102.png
GUR 102.png (103.31 KiB) Viewed 3573 times
GUR 103.png
GUR 103.png (73.67 KiB) Viewed 3573 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - In 1946, many of the engines that had been painted in wartime black livery had been repainted back in the various divisions' liveries, like this Coronation (some of which also lost their streamlining). The overall image is still a mess, though, with wildly clashing liveries on engines and carriages..

#2 -.. so in 1948 a standardized livery was introduced - Brunswick green for passenger locomotives, like one of the Merchant Navies here at Huxley. The bright malachite green livery didn't last long.

#3 - And crimson + cream for passenger coaches, so far only used on newly-built ones..
Attachments
GUR 104.png
GUR 104.png (60.19 KiB) Viewed 3455 times
GUR 105.png
GUR 105.png (118.79 KiB) Viewed 3455 times
GUR 106.png
GUR 106.png (86.01 KiB) Viewed 3455 times

Return to “Screenshots”