[OTTD] Screens by Valdez

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [OTTD] Screens by Valdez

Post by Valdez »

And some maps:

#1 - Overall map of the network..

#2 - Detailed map of the southeastern section around Shipley. The electrified network consists of four main parts:
  • Lines from Shipley Victoria to Broadstairs via Bury, as well as the Bury-Rochdale and Shipley Victoria-Motherwell via Cresswell lines, electrified 1935
  • Suburban line from Shipley Mayfair to Watford, and the Rochdale-Corby line, with transfer station at Radcliffe, electrified 1914
  • The 3 Shipley Underground lines, electrified 1906, 1938 and 1947, respectively. The last one shares track with aforementioned SM-Watford electrics between SM and Finsbury, so only the fringes had to be electrified.

While these three parts are self-contained operations, they are connected, so through running under electric power is possible.

The last part is
  • Shipley Trafalgar to Newcastle and Winchester (electrified 1939), plus a short spur from ST to an aerodrome at Sevenoaks (built 1945, aerodrome currently under construction)
#3 - The northeastern section
Attachments
GUR 107.png
(167.21 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
GUR 108.png
(145.48 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
GUR 109.png
(121.62 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Beautiful work there, Valdez! I really like how relaxed and relatively rural your screenshots appear despite the density of service.
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Oh hey, I "forgot" to post stuff.. like the reminder of the map. Well, time to start..

#1 - the Northwest, still ~1946. The electrified section was extended in 1950 to connect Longbenton to Ipswich, so finally after 40 years the majority of trains going under the wires actually draw power from them.

#2 - The Southwest

#3 - The rolling stock roster, 1947.
Attachments
GUR 110.png
(128.53 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
GUR 111.png
(110.38 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
GUR 112.png
GUR 112.png (32.3 KiB) Viewed 4296 times
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - Some new rolling stock for the Western mainline - a 5MT Jubilee with a rake of Mark 1 coaches..

#2 - The southeastern region doesn't see much freight traffic - in fact, there are only two freight trains running on the electrified lines. One of them is this 0-6-6-0 Leader experimental locomotive, surfacing from Broadstairs tunnel (which connects the mainlines running to both stations at Broadstairs) with some food vans

#3 - Speaking of experiments, here's another one - an English Electric mainline diesel, hauling a semi-fast train from Stapleford. Also note the Standard class 7P - an excellent engine for when you need express motive power, stat.. - and also part of the reason I built only 4 of the diesels (the 7P is, in my opinion, the better deal)
Attachments
GUR 113.png
GUR 113.png (81.61 KiB) Viewed 4285 times
GUR 114.png
GUR 114.png (96.33 KiB) Viewed 4285 times
GUR 115.png
GUR 115.png (97.25 KiB) Viewed 4285 times
LarryGolade
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LarryGolade »

Beautiful screenshots!

Can i have the newgrf list ? (Particularly for tracks and train depots)
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Beautiful like always, Valdez!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Thanks for the feedback, guys..

#1 - Due to popular demand - GRFlist. Some of the stuff is horrendously outdated, others I can't even identify. TBRS is the UK Roads variant, and UKRS2 + addon are modified too..

#2 - Eastern Region, 1957. The writing is on the wall for mainline steam locomotives, even though it might take a while to replace all of them. While there already are some diesel shunters and four experimental engines (see #115), the first large batch of diesels are the 20 Deltics used on express services between Shipley, Yaxley and Holmfirth..

#3 - 1959 saw the replacement of the old 1906 stock on the Central Line...
Attachments
GUR 116 - GRFList.png
GUR 116 - GRFList.png (6.37 KiB) Viewed 4090 times
GUR 117.png
GUR 117.png (51.85 KiB) Viewed 4090 times
GUR 118.png
GUR 118.png (139.28 KiB) Viewed 4090 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - In 1959 the Shipley-Watford-Warley line was electrified (25kV AC overhead catenary) - here is one of the new AL1 electrics with a parcels train..

#2 - Another large-scale electrification project is the extension of 750V 3rd rail electrification in the Southeastern region. Built in stages from 1948 to 1955, the last section to see actual electric-hauled train was the Bradford-Bury section of the Shipley-Rayleigh mainline - here is one of the locomotives used for the Shipley-Rayleigh express. The Merchant Navy pacifics used previously have been cascaded to lesser services.

#3 - Overall view of Shipley, ~1960
Attachments
GUR 119.png
GUR 119.png (89.29 KiB) Viewed 4088 times
GUR 120.png
GUR 120.png (54.41 KiB) Viewed 4088 times
GUR 121.png
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - 1960, the dieselisation is in full swing. So far the priority has been given to replacement of life-expired trains as well as truly outdated types (pre-1930 or so..), but eventually I intend to withdraw all mainline steam engines save the Coronations, Jubilees, 8Fs, Austerity 0-6-0s and (of course) the Standard types as soon as there is a viable replacement - and even they should be gone by 1968. As for the engines on the screen - the pair of Class 20s replaced the old LMS Garratt, while the Peaks are a replacement for old 4-6-0 Royal Scots.

#2 - The scraphammer fell in the East too - the replacement as specified above is already almost complete (the 4-4-2 Suburban is on its way to the scrapyard), the last holdouts are some D49s on semi-fast services around Silsden.

#3 - Not everything goes the way I intended, though. The local line from Skelmersdale to Walsall originally received 8 4-car DMU sets, but those couldn't handle the demand, so they were replaced by Class 23 locomotives. While their reliability and acceleration leave much to be desired, the extra capacity is much appreciated.
Attachments
GUR 122.png
GUR 122.png (79.98 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
GUR 123.png
GUR 123.png (106.15 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
GUR 124.png
GUR 124.png (97.1 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

You like wide railway line, dont you (Yes, I know, that is it so)?

Very impressive!
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

What can I say. Everything was done very nicely. Cool :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

S-Transport wrote:You like wide railway line, dont you (Yes, I know, that is it so)?
Guilty as charged :D
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

#1 - The last 4-4-0 Edwardians have been replaced on their service (stopping train from Ipswich to Thomas Chapel via Bishop's Stortford) by brand new Type 3 diesels. While the top speed remains the same, the extra power and tractive effort allows for a much heavier train while retaining the rapid acceleration..

#2 - Traffic at Hadleigh station, 1962

#3 - The map, 1962.
Attachments
GUR 125.png
GUR 125.png (97.01 KiB) Viewed 3881 times
GUR 126.png
GUR 126.png (96.58 KiB) Viewed 3881 times
GUR 127 - Map 1962 Complete.png
(171.6 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

# 1 - Map of the southeastern part.. I might have to use an extra color for dual-power track (like the slow line between Watford and Finsbury). Also, modifying the map screenshot takes a lot of time, so from now on I'm not doing detailed maps unless I absolutely have to.

# 2 - Engine roster, 1963. If I intend to replace all steam locomotives by 1968, I still have a long way to go.. Also, I tend to preserve at least 1 of every class I use (unless I get trigger-happy with the scrapping - which is why there are no railmotors or 1906 Tube stock left).

#3 - One of the brand new Class 47s speeding towards Greenock, passing one of the D49s they replaced.
Attachments
GUR 128 - Map SE 1962.png
(160.92 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
GUR 129 - Engine Roster 1963.png
GUR 129 - Engine Roster 1963.png (43.12 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
GUR 130.png
GUR 130.png (88.63 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Nice pictures!

Well, there are still many steam locomotives.

Could you show the finances one time, please?
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

More screens..

#1 - Another heavy stopping train hauled by a Class 37, this time on a Peterborough-Newtown via Poole and Bacup...

When it comes to diesel-hauled all-stop trains, I use rolling stock:

- whenever station dwell times are an issue (short distance between stations or a busy line) - Met-Camm DMU
- long distance between stations, low to medium demand - Type 2 (usually Class 25) + 5-6 coaches
- high demand - Type 3 or even Type 4 (the Warship pretty much serves the role of "honorary type 3" in the Southwest) + 8-9 coaches

#2 - Newtown mainline station, with some typical traffic - a Deltic on a Shipley-Yaxley express, some Rugby Loop semi-fasts that either continue towards Silsden or terminate here (mostly class 47s with one remaining Jubilee thrown in) + a pair of DMUs on stopping services. Now comes the time when the RL livery feature really shines - the warning panels on some of the new liveries are a nice touch.

#3 - Another brand-new DMU on Watford-Timbersbrook service (again passing its predecessor, an old Pannier tank engine)

As for the finances window - OK, honestly that's the one aspect I don't care much about, but I'll post one later..
Attachments
GUR 131.png
GUR 131.png (64.55 KiB) Viewed 3798 times
GUR 132.png
GUR 132.png (95.96 KiB) Viewed 3798 times
GUR 133.png
GUR 133.png (106.38 KiB) Viewed 3798 times
Last edited by Valdez on 27 Feb 2015 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Very nice!

But I still would like to see the finances.
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Boom, here..

#1 - Finances

#2 - Company overview

#3 - Winchester area. The triple track going south from Winchester is actually a siding, with a short branch to Banstead diverging just outside of the screen. The trains here are:

- a two-car Tube train on a Banstead branch shuttle
- a pair of doubled 4-COR units on either Shipley-Winchester or Newcastle-Winchester all-stop service, both go via Hartlepool
- a pair of Class 25 trains on an Oxford stopping service (the only intermediate stop is Chorley)
- a pair of class 47s on a Silsden-Slough semi-fast, about to call at Hartlepool. The first one probably has some serious delay.

The only service that's missing is the Scunthorpe suburban (Hartlepool-Scunthorpe-Chorley-Winchester), which uses 4-SUB units.
Attachments
GUR 134.png
GUR 134.png (8.25 KiB) Viewed 3723 times
GUR 135.png
GUR 135.png (10.53 KiB) Viewed 3723 times
GUR 136.png
GUR 136.png (95.09 KiB) Viewed 3723 times
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Nice, like always!

What did you do so expensive in 1962? Do you play with any patch?
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

where I get the GRF green fences?

Return to “Screenshots”