OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Post by romazoon »

some new screenies of my server game.

The Multi directional crossing with a tunnel bypass(mainly used by freight and one ICE line going directly from Baslard to Montego), next to the busiest hub of the map(Zion)...
Zion City Tranport, 06_09_1971#1.png
A wood and Coal loading station near a mountainous area (near by Baslard)
Montego Transport, 28_09_1971.png
This one is huge, might take a while to download it for some of you... but there is plenty to see:
It a very large screenshot (zoom it to have full details) of Zion area (Bronston and Leemax are visible too but are rather boring yet), BUT there is plenty of ICE lines trains(using shinkansen limited at 180kmh, DB 220 locomotive, some DBVTT 04, 08 and 11), plenty of local ones(Queensland rail 400,NS plan UDE III,DB VT 11 and 08,SBB Radbe 510 (kudos to the ones that arrives to spot it on the screenie :mrgreen: ), and some freight trains too(oil,wood and valuables)...
Baslard Transport, 17_04_1972.png
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

What's the train in the tunnel going past the Zion Freight Entrance North?
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

hmm i wonder how i could exactly know what trains is inside that tunnel....but this not the Radbe if it s what your looking for
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

If that shadow is visible I'm sure you can click on it to see. But as it's a screenshot that train is gone already. :P

I'd like to join you but I have my exam week running so I don't really have time to play OpenTTD. It's a shame as I've tried to build as realistically as possible while making profit. It's hard sometimes but I can usually turn out a good profit with loans paid after a year or two.

Oh, and where's the chainlink fence from? Haven't seen it before.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

you exactly got my point... it s a screenie, no way to revert the time and chech to see wich train it is(and yes i can click on invisible trains with chillpatchpack)... also the fact that is invisible surprise me you want to know what kind it is !!!
Anyway, After investigation in game and according to the size of it(wich is unclear cause the tunnel can hide some units), it could be a CNR"turbotrain" making a direct trip from Baslard to Montego(that i forgot to mention earlier), one of the Shinkansen going from Zion to Wali with no stop, or one of DB220 making direct trip Zion to Montego...

About the fences i use two different kind: there is the new fences.grf wich replace original fences with the white one (with a bite of company color), and i use the VAST Fences. grf wich are only Newobject.

Good luck for your exams.

And here are some big screenies to present the cities as they are in 1972 (after 10years of game with daylenght 20):

Baslard area, the terminus and its unused (yet ) freight station.
Blue Bay Transport, 21_10_1972#1.png

Blue Bay, the last unconnected exclusiv city, with its basics infrastructure behing layed slowly but surely.
Blue Bay Transport, 24_08_1972.png
Bordas area, the terminus (that will become also go through), and the freight station only used by valuables at the moment...
Blue Bay Transport, 21_10_1972.png
Last edited by romazoon on 01 Jun 2011 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

damn sexy station at stachi, didnt think of something like that yet, damn nice

same for bordas, using the good parts of both station sets
Last edited by ZxBiohazardZx on 01 Jun 2011 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

and three more

Wali and it s area quite undevelloped and quiet at the moment... but this is changing (a coal terminal is being built on the left out of this screen... and a lot of coal will sended from this future station to all around the map)
Blue Bay Transport, 23_10_1972#1.png
Hmm, i did it again... the bridge from Kocat to Seedan (allready in my previous single player game made on CLS)... but this time there is a link train going back and forth(TCDD E8000) on the bridge and it s also used by some ICE trains that goes from Montego to Rio with no stops.(VT 11)
Blue Bay Transport, 23_10_1972.png
Montego transport, runned by Seandasheep. at a rather quiet moment.
Blue Bay Transport, 22_10_1972.png

Edit : thanks ZX, I found myself very happy with how MB's Newsation are blending quite well with some canadian station... but also with some modern station too !
Last edited by romazoon on 01 Jun 2011 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

haha the bridge again :)
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Two more and the last savegame i made (don t bother with the different names, i only saved it under a different company , hence the different savegame names)

Kingston, a growing town in a corner of the map.
Blue Bay Transport, 24_10_1972.png
Rio area, and it s missing freight station (present on the savegame :mrgreen: )
Blue Bay Transport, 24_10_1972#1.png

The savegame if you wanna have a closer look.
Wali Transport, 27_03_1975.sav
hope you like it all :lol:
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

i still feel all your cities lack a subway system, but nice shots in general
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Nice arrangements. To me it feels a little low on vehicles and trains, though - I see hardly any driving around, especially given the size of the stations. I also wondered about the one occasion where the rail tracks actually bend in order to cross the highway - while it would be considerably more logical if the highway would just tunnel or bridge the (diagonal) rail tracks.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Thanks for your opionion guys, i indeed just can agree with both statement (missing some metro lines, and some traffic)....
But those two things will change over the time :
traffic is growing... i still need to setup mail trains, goods trains, more valuables trains and other freights too, also my screenshots are just screenshots (the game running doesn t show as much lack of traffic, i think :mrgreen: )
And as soon as cities will be big enough, some metro line might pop up there or there.... note also that with a city cargo production on minus 10, metro lines need to be quite long or connecting two hub to make sense (i don t want yet to replace a bus line needing 4 or 5 vehicules to handle the traffic by a metro...).

Also ,it s true the crossing next to Zion is widely oversized(for the moment 8) ) and most of the station in smaller place(wich will grow) are looking way too big,... but it s the only way i know to handle different speed of trains on the same simple line(one way each direction).
It s not perfect but works quite nice between ICE and local trains, the faster catch up the slow ones between two stops, the slow stops and fast can overtake without stopping, (i think Chill was describing more this technic in a thread about multiple speed train on the same lines), the problem is i still need siding to allow slow freight trains to be overtake by faster one, cause the slow freight trains are not stopping at each stops(a test of this is made in last savegame):

- on my 5 tiles large station :when a local train stop, there can be until two slot free for go trough, and if two trains following each other stops, there is still one way free to go through without meesing traffic going the other way(having still two reserved way to go).

- the lots of tracks in front of big station : in reality too there is plenty of switches and parralel lines, and i don t know any places where those "yards" are looking full of train waiting for a free platform. so again that the only way i know to make arrive plenty of different trains without messing to much timetabling(that s my way to try to be the most efficient in term of output, not in term of space used of course :wink: )

about the not diagonal tracks over the higway... i have a few reason :
- Rv cannot overtake in tunnels (and train don t have to slow down for such a turn neither for the bridge with signals)
- i try not to always do the same (there is also plenty of tunneled partf of urban highways and some with rail on the top.)
- and making a line having some curves make it nicer than just straight piece of track all the way.

A experimental priority siding allowing slow trains to wait for faster trains to go first, the three shots show how it works (check the speed of trains, signals at end of sidings and inside the siding and the way point)

Coal train is in front (and enter the siding reserved for slow and unautomated timetabled trains).
Wali Transport, 20_08_1975.png
The ICE train is entering the fast lane and by passing the first path signal make the simple signal go red at end of the slow lane... this signal willl stay red until the Ice trains is gone in front.
Wali Transport, 20_08_1975#1.png
following moment where the ICE train is now way in front entering a tunnel, another ICE train following enough closely to keep the red signal on the slow lane... and you can even spot that a slow local passenger trains is also entering the fast lane and will keep the red signal for the coal train until its gone in front :shock:... after the local train is gone the coal train will be able to keep going.
Wali Transport, 20_08_1975#3.png

(I used planning tracks to not make it as ugly as it would be with dummy tracks... but both works the same)
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

that local train shouldnt pick fast lane or should be forced to slowlane, maybe set the signal penalties slightly different?

oh well, nice in general, maybe remove 1-2 loops but yeah
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

hmm, local train don t need to take that slow lane as they are anyway making a stop a the station located just before... if a non stopping train have to overtake it it will be done at that moment... or at next station.
Also since in "my" order of priority a local passenger train is more important to arrive on time than a slow freight train (minerals, oil or farm products) i find it normal to make go a local train in front of a coal train when possible.

so my siding is working as intended, it s only for slow freight trains. And locals should not mess the faster trains with this kind of sidings (if located right after a station with go through of course)

also if i take away one or two loop... it won t respect anymore the distance between signals and would make my fast trains stop if there is two too close from each other...
but don t get me wrong, I think this is the "Ugliest" thing i can put on a rail network trying to look realistic... and if i did this in the first place, it was really just to find a solution (started as a very simple siding with no priority and rapidly grew up to this) and i m now very ennoyed cause it s working even better than i thought it could, so it s hard to not play with it now, but I find this siding damn ugly(i think i will use it in only in a very few strategic spots)

Anyway, thanks for the interest
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

doesnt chills patchpack contain prog-sigs?, or cant you achiev this same result by using pre-combo-end signals (i think it could be done)
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

yes, that s right the patchpack have prog signals... but i have no clue how to use them and i barely even tried to understand how to :oops:

and with the precombo, there is maybe something that could make it work but i have no clue how to put them to have the same result as i have now.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&p=914508

that has some explaination in it

its a simple if then...

IF mainline has train coming THEN block branch (and you can check mainline by checking the signals on the mainline for their color/state
Last edited by ZxBiohazardZx on 02 Jun 2011 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Thanks for the link !!! but the link seems to bring me to an empty page of the forum :?

about prog signals, i was affraid it s just to complicated to set up... but if you say it s as simple as "block branch when train on main line" that would be exactly what i need :D ...

i m gonna have a search around (until you send me a correct link :wink: ) and try them in game to see if can manage to make them work.

so thank you for the hint :)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The link works if you replace "posting" with "viewtopic"
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

thanks to both of you then, and Zx don t bother changing the link... i got it now.

Return to “Screenshots”