OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: OTTD Romazoon's screenshots

Post by lukasz1985 »

Personally I think your screenshots are the best here. I think you get the most out of OpenTTD. You didn't felt into eyecandy land nor into the vanilla OTTD and your screenshots present a lot of organisation and logic. Even if the 45 degree curves harm my eyes, the way you bring life to this game is really delightful.

The only thing you could try is to get some street traffic there using some fake AI like "Street traffic" and grf with cars.

I wonder how the result would look like. Still, this is great, what you achieve.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

thank you guys ! i m glad you like it !

Here are some more then ;)

lukasz1985:
i understand why the 45° turns hurt your eyes, it also have been hurting my "playstyle" for long, until i started to play more often with the japanese set and its narrow gauge trains... the limited speed of those trains allow(and push) me to use tighter curves without incidence for the flow on the network. so i use the tight curve as an advantage to gain space, make things more compact...so in the end the 90° curve are only in place where trains can or should go slower (next to some station, on some kind of metro/urban lines, or on some junction with a freight branch line (i don t care to slow my freight trains with a curve...as usually i wil use a priority signal for the main line wich mean freight train often come to an halt in those junction anyway...so who cares if they have to slow down to 88km/h first), etc....
I use to think a good network is a network where trains can go their full speed all the time and so i use to avoid using any "slowing down" curve but this gives headache when it comes to upgrades things, force to ruin the landscape, etc...now since i have fun to mix all kind of trains on the same rail and i try to limit the infrastructure to the minimal (I whish i could say "realistic" ;) ), i stopped the full speed approach, and use a "similar" speed approach (trains sharing track don t have a big range of different top speed ->110 to 130 k/h for most (and on a very few lines i use 160kmh for passenger trains, but this force me to make 4 tracks the day i want to put some freight on those "faster" lines, because freight can t go beyond 120km/h with japanese set + i use timetable for all passenger trains.)

Now about the eyecandy traffic, i ve tried it on this very savegame but i forced bankrupt on the AI (i think some earlier screenie are showing it).... it indeed looked nice once the AI builded around 1500 vehicules (and i think given the size of the map, 5000 would fit perfectly)...but the performance lag (with 1500) was just to big to enjoy it fully (reason why I pushed AI to bankrupcy).... but i don t give up totally on the idea, i m just waiting to fill myself the map a bit more before i eventually relaunch the AI.

P.S : Kudos to Ottd devellopment team, i never thought i would fall back to the "standard" ottd version after trying so many patchpack, and finally that game played with OTTD 1.4 is one of my favorite i ever had !!....that said, i might fall into Cirdan's fork as soon as i will be able to try my actual game with it, as i definitly could use the extratile given by bridgehead...

Ok, enought talking, hope you enjoy the new screenies
Attachments
San Fransisco Transport, 25 Fév 2147.png
San Francisco is now also linked via shinkansen to the cities showed previously. serivce is direct to guayana. the older Intercity service remain, it take 5 month to complete one journey, but the Shinkansen do the trip in 2 month)
(7.92 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
San Fransisco Transport, 10 Avr 2147.png
Here is Rio do Febrero, also linked via Shinkansen, well virtually, cause the station is actually in the town of Naranja.
(7.43 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
San Fransisco Transport, 11 Avr 2147.png
the shinkansen line somewhere between Guayana and San Luis. you can also see the much older narrow gauge line, and the reffinery producing gasoline wich is sent to guayana and san Luis included (for city growth)
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Your screenshots are very beautiful. Realistic and very well build your own transport network. Liked the network of metro lines and ports in the screenshot with the city of San Francisco :))
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

as per usual your savegame send me on a quest for GRFs haha
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

romazoon wrote:as usually i will use a priority signal for the main line wich mean freight train often come to an halt in those junction anyway
I often thought this desirable, but I never knew one could do that; how?
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

ZX, i guess you have the scenario editor switch on, allowing you to load savegame with missing newgrf, it s not perfect but you can now discard any airplane newgrf (cause i don t use any), i guess also that compatible newgrf might do the tricks for some newgrfs.

and to finish your hunting go there if not already -> http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/

select the newgrf that you need, and for most you can probably just take the newest version of the newgrf you need (so don t need to load the exact version)

Edit : mizari look the attachement

Edit 2 : http://wiki.openttdcoop.org/Priority
Attachments
San Fransisco Transport, 20 Déc 2147#1.png
that s the setup to make priority using pre signal. the line with more signal being the main line, and the vertical the branch line that will stop trains if a train on the main line is between the two sided "grey" pre signal.
(138.84 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

your first is not a combo signal, and you can expand it
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

the priority works only with two signals max. the third doesn t activate red light for branch line.

here are two screenshot where i really use it on my network (i added now a third combo signal to show it doesn t work)
Attachments
San Fransisco Transport, 7 Déc 2050.png
here you see that the emu just passed the 3rd signal i just added for the testcase, and if you check the exit of the station it is followed by a junction wich is made to make the train coming via the station to have priority. except that passing the third signal didn t trigger any red light on the side line. now check next screenie, where the train just hitted the second signal, and check again the side signal.
(392.49 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
San Fransisco Transport, 7 Déc 2050#1.png
(392.08 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

you can lengthen prios, it just requires you to use logic tracks.

you can extend the prio A LOT using setups like that

http://wiki.openttdcoop.org/Priority
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

yes sure, i know that ZX...the trouble with lenghting the priority like this is that it's really ugly. also it works like a charm the way i do it, so why bothering with lenghting the prio in a ugly mannier...
Also the only situation i could see a use of that longer prio is on a main line so busy that not one train can stop without messing a lot (making stop the trains behind), this situation also mean that additional trains from branch line are just over the top for the capacity of the line, instead of lenghting the prio, i believe the solution is to add tracks to the line at this point.
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

Saying that it is ugly and hence not using it is a bit limited, but your approach is completely reasonable... Adding more lines is always a good option; priority length might not be entirely related as e.g. longer priorities will need more lines too - they will just disturb the traffic on prioritized lines less.
The main relation is to train acceleration; so if you use well accelerating trains, your priorities can be very short and work just fine.
- Also, if all trains have enough choices, it is entirely possible to play without priorities completely, too.

P.S. I believe you could "hide" the lengthened priority inside e.g. some station tiles - station tiles do not look ugly I assume? :)

V
ImageImageImage
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Thanks for your input V453000, yes you are right uglyness is not really an objective argument, but well...i m a perfectionnist in a different mannier than you are ;)

And if one day i push my network to the limit, i ll think about it again (with a station to hide stuff like you suggest ;) )

Now time to bring a couple screenies.
Attachments
La Palma, before growth 28-06-2014.png
the last "city" that remained unconnected.
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Barcelona, before growth 02-06-2014.png
and that is the pre-last "city" that remained unconnected.
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
water rocks tiles customized.png
and here is some customized rocks i made inside a screenie (made with paint). If someone wants to pick up the graphics and make a newgrf with them, i ll be ready to draw more, do correction, etc ;) (my customization only concern the "long rock tile (on the bottom right of the rocks, and the tile under the light house. other rocks are from "ogfx" i believe.
(192.21 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Those rocks could fit right in with Supercheese's NewObjects Set.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

kamnet wrote:Those rocks could fit right in with Supercheese's NewObjects Set.
Indeed they could. I need to push out an update to that Soon™...
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Oh Great !

I ve got some time this week, so i ll try to do more rock tiles then ;)

any tips or hint on how i should do ? i mean i guess i should draw them directly in a bounding box or something like that ? (in other word, i m a noob!)

thanks
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

wanna see more screenies ?

here are 3 ;)
Attachments
La Palma, large view after growing and being connected via shinkansen..png
(6.79 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Bogota, large view after growing.png
(7.02 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Alta Visto, remote area with lines crossing.png
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

romazoon wrote:Oh Great !

I ve got some time this week, so i ll try to do more rock tiles then ;)

any tips or hint on how i should do ? i mean i guess i should draw them directly in a bounding box or something like that ? (in other word, i m a noob!)

thanks
Just draw the rocks on a "magic blue" transparent background. Heck, if you've already got things looking good in game, it should turn out nicely.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

As usual, your screenshots are gorgeous, romazoon :D
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

Yeah, those look great.
I still remember our multiplayer server of that map, that was fun.
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hey thanks guys, i m glad you appreciated the screenies, this game ain t over, so expect more somedays ;)

And Supercheese, you'll find here the two rock tiles i have made on transparent blue (with some modification and the automatic rotation avalaible).

Tell me if i should modify something ;)

And about the license of my graphics, cause i guess that's a point that need to be precised : I ll use the same license Supercheese uses for his newgrf (if that s to be included inside your newgrf). If not, then i ll use GPL.

Edit 1 : i just checked in game the ogfx rocks wich inspired me (and from wich i picked the colors to apply to my rocks) and by unpausing the game i have just realized those rocks are having animated wawes. So i will try to draw the different water movement needed before attacking new rock tiles then ;)
Attachments
Romazoon Water Rock tiles.png
Romazoon Water Rock tiles.png (33.55 KiB) Viewed 858 times

Return to “Screenshots”