[OTTD] Emperor Jake's Epic Screenshots and Videos!

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
kotssmurf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [OTTD] Emperor Jake's Epic Screenshots (REVAMPED)

Post by kotssmurf »

Love that first shot of Lenwich!!
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

As the title says these screenshots are Epic. Please show us more :lol:
Ruskij
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] Emperor Jake's Epic Screenshos (REVAMPED)

Post by Ruskij »

[quote="Emperor Jake
old-train.png
[/quote]
Just a question: how do you connect those two trains? I tried it, but I can't do it for which reason ever (maybe I'm just too stupid, what do I know...)
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Emperor Jake's Epic Screenshos (REVAMPED)

Post by Level Crossing »

Ruskij wrote:[quote="Emperor Jake
old-train.png
Just a question: how do you connect those two trains? I tried it, but I can't do it for which reason ever (maybe I'm just too stupid, what do I know...)[/quote]
In the depot, you drag one locomotive to a position in the desired train. This is called multiheaded trains.
Like my avatar? See my screenshot thread
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

You mean the Alco B-unit - I believe you have to flip the engine to turn it into a B-unit, unfortunately that isn't possible with newer OpenTTD versions until NARS is updated. However, due to the age of this game, I already own many flipped engines and I can clone them and they remain flipped :P
Current best hack for flipped engines: Start a game in an old version of OpenTTD (0.7 will work, not sure about 1.0), buy a heap of different engines, flip them. Then import the game into newer OTTD and clone them.

I have made a couple of videos of this map, I may upload them soon :)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Anyway, here are some more screenies of this map, just random ones...

The main station at Great Laketon, one of the biggest cities on the map.
glt.png
glt.png (443.8 KiB) Viewed 9896 times
The old Union Station at Wroburgh.
wroburgh-old.png
wroburgh-old.png (597.89 KiB) Viewed 9896 times
The shiny new Union Station at Wroburgh. The airport has been moved to the outskirts, and the separate High Speed station has been removed and the high speed trains now service the main station.
wbu.png
wbu.png (414.5 KiB) Viewed 9896 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Here's three shots of Tillyden over time:

Tillyden in 1935. A local train from Main Town has just pulled into the station.
tillyden-1935.png
tillyden-1935.png (533.38 KiB) Viewed 9882 times
Tillyden in 2000. A local train from Main Town has just pulled into the station. This DC electric system was installed in Main Town's suburbs in the 1950s and was never extended beyond Tillyden. A Turbo Train in original green livery speeds through the bypass under the station.
tillyden-2000.png
tillyden-2000.png (442.48 KiB) Viewed 9882 times
Tillyden in the present. The electric system has long been abandoned in favour of push-pull diesel trains of the type which operate in the whole northwest sector of the map. A Turbo Train can be seen on the bypass, probably the same one as in the 2000 screenshot. It is now in a red livery to match all the other trains. Some Costar Century fuel cell trains can also be seen, they are common on long distance services, especially to Main Town. And yes, the arch bidge and the semaphore signal are unchanged from 1935.
tillyden-2360.png
tillyden-2360.png (424.16 KiB) Viewed 9882 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The most recent bridge built across the river near Tesdingwood. It carries several regional and intercity trains. The fact that there are passenger stations on both ends means it doesn't allow for freight trains; the freight traffic is mainly handled by the ships around here.
tesdingwood-bridge.png
tesdingwood-bridge.png (236.77 KiB) Viewed 9875 times
This town was originally called Chatwood, but I had to rename it Chatswood when I accidentally named a waypoint "Chatswood Bypass" :lol:
chw.png
chw.png (525.09 KiB) Viewed 9875 times
The town of Accpool and its large industrial area. The station serves the glass works and also as a transfer. The mine is the main source of iron ore for the Bradley's Green steelworks.
accpool.png
accpool.png (640.44 KiB) Viewed 9875 times
Lenghty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lenghty »

Very nice screenshots!!
PinkMoon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PinkMoon »

Indeed very nice screenshots !
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Thanks for the kind words. As a reward, here's the video I promised :P
This counts as 1000 screenshots, because, as they say, a video is worth a thousand pictures.

First Trip: Accpool to Lenwich Union Station with a BR Class 81 hauling traditional Lightweight Intercity coaches. Top speed 160km/h (100mph)

Second Trip: Lenwich Union Station to Great Laketon with an AEM7 pushing Talgo cars and an F40PH-based NPCU. Top speed 200km/h (125mph)

Third Trip: Great Laketon to Godfield with two BR Class 91s pushing and pulling Mk4 coaches. Top speed 225km/h (140mph)

Song: "Oasis" from the SimCity 4 Soundtrack

Programs used: OpenTTD, OpenShot, XVidCap

davidx123
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by davidx123 »

Emperor Jake wrote:Thanks for the kind words. As a reward, here's the video I promised :P
This counts as 1000 screenshots, because, as they say, a video is worth a thousand pictures.

this is awesome!
awesome?no....
This.was.EPIC.

Really,It look so awesome, so epic... the harbours,the Junction,everything!

How do you make north america roads and Total Bridge replacement Compatible with each other?
Your Faithful Student, Twilight Sparkle.
____
Visit my screenshot thread

thanks to Supercheese for help with the GIF.cheers.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

davidx123 wrote:How do you make north america roads and Total Bridge replacement Compatible with each other?
By using this newgrf, methinks.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Thanks for the nice comments!

Here's three EXTRA LARGE screenshots!

First, here's the northern part of the map, with the Main Town Terminus at the top, most of Main Town's suburbs visible. The Costar Hydra and Century trains have received a new black livery, and the company has renectly ordered several more to replace various older trains on long distance routes. A Hydra can be seen pulling into the Terminus in its shiny new black livery. In the bottom right is the first bridge built across the great river, and a nearby steel mill which was the first thing I connected on this map.
Trainforest, 2411-12-21#2.png
(2.7 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Next, this image is centered on the Whithead Refinery, the biggest freight station on the map. Many boats are visible on the river, and a long distance sleeper train hauled by a pair of Class 67s is about to cross the bridge near Tesdingwood. The town of Whithead is the northernmost end of electrification.
Trainforest, 2411-12-21#3.png
(2.61 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Finally, here is an image centered on Chatswood. Malbion Park, Bradley's Green and the small riverside town of Breams Island are also visible. The transfer station, Malbion Park South, is connected to the small freight station in the middle of Lenwich. This line was built to transport freight in place of a canal to connect the Lenwich canal with the Malbion Park canal without having to use the river which would have been a major detour. Die to the difficult landscape, a canal was impossible so this electric freight railway was built instead. The local passenger line was connected afterwards.
Trainforest, 2411-12-21#4.png
(2.63 MiB) Downloaded 2 times

And remember, any requests of any place and time period (from 1935) are welcomed :)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Here's a couple from a Chill's Patchpack alpine game.
Attachments
An express train hauled across the mountain pass by a Class 1020 passes a mountain village.
An express train hauled across the mountain pass by a Class 1020 passes a mountain village.
alpine1.png (606.31 KiB) Viewed 9435 times
The riverside town of Zell. The express train trundles out of the town on the viaduct, while a local EMU waits at the station. Some boats, a bus and a mail truck can also be seen.
The riverside town of Zell. The express train trundles out of the town on the viaduct, while a local EMU waits at the station. Some boats, a bus and a mail truck can also be seen.
alpine2.png (676.03 KiB) Viewed 9435 times
A small DMU pulls into the tiny mountain village while a diesel locomotive hauls a milk train from the valley up the mountain.
A small DMU pulls into the tiny mountain village while a diesel locomotive hauls a milk train from the valley up the mountain.
alpine3.png (429.82 KiB) Viewed 9435 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Emperor Jake's Epic Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Emperor Jake »

Some people may know of the "Talgo vs Superliner" video on YouTube. It involves a race between a Talgo train and a Superliner train in H0 scale on a large model layout. Well, I've re-created the race in OpenTTD!
The railway company Trainforest perpetrated an extremely expensive publicity stunt involving a race between a Talgo train and a Superliner train. The stunt involved the extensive re-signalling of a large stretch of line to accommodate the race, plus the cancellation of many train services. The trains can be seen lined up on adjacent tracks; they are packed with spectators.

The Talgo train is pushed and pulled by two F59PHIs, and the Superliner train is hauled by a pair of F40PHs. They have the same top speed of 177 km/h (110mph) but the lighter weight and tilting abilities of the Talgo cars mean that they must undoubtedly be the winners! Watch and find out the truth.

(I know that the quality isn't superb, sorry about that)
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 07 Oct 2011 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
Arexander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arexander »

"And the winner is... Class 67?!?" :lol:

Great video! I watched both the original and yours and I must say that yours was the better of the two. :D
LittleBear
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LittleBear »

Love the videos and the big screenshots. Keep them coming!
Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean my CC has to be pink! :p
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

Emperor Jake wrote:
Ha Ha, brilliant!
Lovely video and fantastic implementation :bow:

Return to “Screenshots”