[OTTD] Emperor Jake's Epic Screenshots and Videos!

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Emperor Jake's Epic Screenshot Tale (OTTD)

Post by bwong »

would it be possible for you to upload a savgame?
Check out some of my work
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

bwong wrote:would it be possible for you to upload a savgame?
Certainly. :D

I might upload more savegames, but have fun with this one!
Attachments
Here's a grf list.
Here's a grf list.
grf_list.png (15.34 KiB) Viewed 11047 times
E. Pick & Co., 1871-02-09.sav
A savegame from 1871. If yoy want I can upload a savegame every 10-15 game years.
(505.69 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Early Start.scn
And here's the scenario. Start date is 1820.
(246.63 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

(...)
Attachments
Here is the brickworks in Lardinghattan. 2-6-0 Moguls transport gravel from a quarry near Tenningville.
Here is the brickworks in Lardinghattan. 2-6-0 Moguls transport gravel from a quarry near Tenningville.
Prindinghead has received a railway station and the coal mine has been upgraded and realigned.
Prindinghead has received a railway station and the coal mine has been upgraded and realigned.
Increasing traffic has pormpted major upgrades to the mainlines between Brinton, Futway and Ponsford. The single-track section is abandoned
Increasing traffic has pormpted major upgrades to the mainlines between Brinton, Futway and Ponsford. The single-track section is abandoned
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Emperor Jake wrote:By the way, i like the new feature that downsizeds images automatically so i dont have to crop them. :)
You still should so you draw focus to what you're showing us. It takes a little more effort but the effect is better and I don't have to look at half a screen of dull grass.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Badger wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:By the way, i like the new feature that downsizeds images automatically so i dont have to crop them. :)
You still should so you draw focus to what you're showing us. It takes a little more effort but the effect is better and I don't have to look at half a screen of dull grass.
OK then. I just thought people might want to see the surroundings and be able to orientate themselves better as to where it is on the map.
Attachments
The new harbour in Pronnley Market. It is a goods transfer station and goods are transferred from trains to ships which carry the goods to distant towns.
The new harbour in Pronnley Market. It is a goods transfer station and goods are transferred from trains to ships which carry the goods to distant towns.
E. Pick & Co., 1876-12-17.png (84.75 KiB) Viewed 11019 times
Two clippers meet in the bay. One is carrying goods to the distant town, the other is carrying mail back to Ponsford. Meanwhile, an empty goods train rattles back to the factory to pick up more wares.<br />(BTW it loks like its losing money,  but it gets it from the transfer credits.
Two clippers meet in the bay. One is carrying goods to the distant town, the other is carrying mail back to Ponsford. Meanwhile, an empty goods train rattles back to the factory to pick up more wares.
(BTW it loks like its losing money, but it gets it from the transfer credits.
E. Pick & Co., 1877-01-10.png (31.79 KiB) Viewed 11019 times
Oh no!!! That's the second time that's happened. Time to build an overpass!
Oh no!!! That's the second time that's happened. Time to build an overpass!
E. Pick & Co., 1879-01-18.png (64.49 KiB) Viewed 11019 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

(...)
Attachments
Bridge has been built. The crossing is now safe!
Bridge has been built. The crossing is now safe!
E. Pick & Co., 1879-03-11.png (52 KiB) Viewed 11007 times
The upgraded food processing plant in Brinton. Trains from a farm south of here now supply this plant with livestock and grain as well as the trucks.
The upgraded food processing plant in Brinton. Trains from a farm south of here now supply this plant with livestock and grain as well as the trucks.
E. Pick & Co., 1881-06-01.png (72.72 KiB) Viewed 11007 times
Here's to show how big ponsford has gotten. Also, to everybody's surprise, these newfangled &quot;electric&quot; trams actually need Mr. Pick's absurd wires to run! Not that they have any visible current collector(!)
Here's to show how big ponsford has gotten. Also, to everybody's surprise, these newfangled "electric" trams actually need Mr. Pick's absurd wires to run! Not that they have any visible current collector(!)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The age of electricity has arrived. With all of these new electric trams and metro trains, and an increasing number of people using electricity, we must build a power station and supply it with coal.
Attachments
The cars run over the bridge on the newly built metro railway in Ponsford. The electric train cars run to Geningwell and Pronnley Market.<br />This bridge has a very interesting architecture, with one side being a suspension bridge and the other cable stayed.
The cars run over the bridge on the newly built metro railway in Ponsford. The electric train cars run to Geningwell and Pronnley Market.
This bridge has a very interesting architecture, with one side being a suspension bridge and the other cable stayed.
E. Pick & Co., 1882-04-01.png (86.67 KiB) Viewed 11006 times
The metro station in Geningwell. Meanwhile, a paddle steamer puffs towards the dock.
The metro station in Geningwell. Meanwhile, a paddle steamer puffs towards the dock.
E. Pick & Co., 1882-09-07.png (117.93 KiB) Viewed 11006 times
All of these electric vehicles need electricity, and for that we need to build a power station!
All of these electric vehicles need electricity, and for that we need to build a power station!
E. Pick & Co., 1882-09-22.png (117.78 KiB) Viewed 11006 times
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 14 Jan 2010 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

(...)
Attachments
The coal train rolls into the power station. Now the trams and metro have plenty of power.
The coal train rolls into the power station. Now the trams and metro have plenty of power.
E. Pick & Co., 1883-08-14.png (83.59 KiB) Viewed 11002 times
The area around the Sarningville Brewery is being enclosed by buildings, so canals have been built to ship the formerly locally grown hops and barley from a distant farm.
The area around the Sarningville Brewery is being enclosed by buildings, so canals have been built to ship the formerly locally grown hops and barley from a distant farm.
E. Pick & Co., 1885-06-05.png (145.5 KiB) Viewed 11002 times
A canal has been built to connect the lakes that neighbor Prindinghead and Chardinghead. Here the ferries pass Tenningville, which the canal also connects to.
A canal has been built to connect the lakes that neighbor Prindinghead and Chardinghead. Here the ferries pass Tenningville, which the canal also connects to.
E. Pick & Co., 1885-12-21.png (126.54 KiB) Viewed 11002 times
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

is it just me, or are those local boats too small....?
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

bwong wrote:is it just me, or are those local boats too small....?
i was just wondering the same thing, its a micacle they survive the trip on that big body of water without being flooded over by a tiny wave
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Bump :D

After a break from this thread, I'm back to continue the story!
Attachments
A new Shay engine is now working the logging trains near Geningwell.
A new Shay engine is now working the logging trains near Geningwell.
E. Pick & Co., 1887-03-01 (Modified).png (642.99 KiB) Viewed 889 times
Passenger traffic has increased, and clerestory coaches are now used on major passenger trains. A goods train is loading at the factory.
Passenger traffic has increased, and clerestory coaches are now used on major passenger trains. A goods train is loading at the factory.
Here we see an ancient  2-4-0 and vans of the Museum Society rattling past the factory,because the depot had to be relocated.
Here we see an ancient 2-4-0 and vans of the Museum Society rattling past the factory,because the depot had to be relocated.
E. Pick & Co., 1891-12-25 (Modified).png (262.85 KiB) Viewed 10769 times
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Where you found that wagons from third picture?
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Kogut wrote:Where you found that wagons from third picture?
They are part of the Early Start set http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=41132
Same set the horses came from.

---

In this picture of Ponsford, you can see that the city has three separate railway stations: Ponsford Central, which serves most long-distance trains; Ponsford Heights, which serves some local trains going east, and Fawood Central, which serves various regional trains going west.
Ponsford Central has been upgraded to 4 tracks, to accommodate Mr. Pick's 'secret future plans' for expansion.
Ponsford Central has been upgraded to 4 tracks, to accommodate Mr. Pick's 'secret future plans' for expansion.
Mr. Pick's 'secret plan' involves uniting these stations with...
Electric Interurbans! The electric train can be seen here in Fawood, and it unites the three stations.
Electric Interurbans! The electric train can be seen here in Fawood, and it unites the three stations.
To build more of these electric trains, Mr. Pick has commissioned an Electric Works to assemble the vehicles. A steam locomotive is used to haul the electric trains tho the powered tracks.
To build more of these electric trains, Mr. Pick has commissioned an Electric Works to assemble the vehicles. A steam locomotive is used to haul the electric trains tho the powered tracks.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Stop posting screenshots and work on your European set Jake :P
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

jake.grimshaw wrote:Stop posting screenshots and work on your European set Jake :P
More like the OBB Austrian Train Set!
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Emperor Jake's Epic Screenshos (REVAMPED)

Post by Emperor Jake »

EPIC BUMP:

Yes yes, Trains of Europe's coming along nicely, unfortunately one has to take breaks when he has to code between studying. So here's some new, random screenshots from my recent games.

First up is Trainforest, a game which I've been playing for over a year now with long breaks. So don't complain that I'm using an old version of FIRS or NuTracks, I tried upgrading it and it broke my metro systems :( And if you see some engines or wagons you don't recognise, it's because I've been scourging sprites on the forums and coding them for myself :twisted: I have uploaded a savegame of Trainforest and a few screenshots a long time ago, you can find them here.

Let's begin with Lenwich - it is one of my busiest stations and is very efficient for its rather small size. (go to the old thread and find a picture of Lenwich there, it's grown a bit)
Trainforest, 2243-05-09.png
Trainforest, 2243-05-09.png (616.11 KiB) Viewed 10509 times
This is the passenger mainline that connects Main Town with the rest of the network. It was taken at roughly the same place as here.
Mainline.png
Mainline.png (606.09 KiB) Viewed 10509 times
Here is a large shot of south of Lenwich, with many lines visible including the high speed line. The railway museum is visible, complete with functioning streamlined Hudson and Duplex.
Museum large.png
(655.18 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 05 Sep 2011 11:19, edited 2 times in total.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Here is a current map of the Trainforest network. I have savegames from 1935 or so onwards, so feel free to request any location, any time period from 1935. Bear in mind that there wasn't much there in the 1930s, but anything between Main Town, Badingsay and Accpool has always been there :wink:
map.png
(221.59 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Here is Senport, a busy harbour with a metal foundry. It also serves for the transfer of various goods and supplies to trains, trucks and canal boats.
Senport.png
Senport.png (513.07 KiB) Viewed 10502 times
Here is Main Town, the oldest station on the map. It is somewhat clogged and overcrowded, but the old building is heritage listed which makes expansion difficult.
Main Town Terminus.png
Main Town Terminus.png (532.57 KiB) Viewed 10502 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Mr. Example wrote:May I see Godfield in the 1970s and the present please?
Sure :P
Godfield, 1975:
godfield_1975.png
godfield_1975.png (342.24 KiB) Viewed 10496 times
Godfield in the current savegame: It has hardly changed :shock:
godfield present.png
godfield present.png (510.06 KiB) Viewed 10496 times

Since this is such a long-running game (probably my longest ever) I have some rather old locomotives still trundling around. This one is much older than it says, because of that silly bug OTTD used to have where it didn't display vehicle ages older than two hundred something years. Therefore the age of this vehicle is at least 600 years. :shock: And no, I can't keep track of it using the build date, because I've used the date cheat so much that it no longer makes sense. Never fear, I didn't use it in such a way that there are trains out of their time period :wink:
old-train.png
old-train.png (349.06 KiB) Viewed 10496 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Here's an oldie for you:
Lenwich, 1939
lenwich 1939.png
lenwich 1939.png (514.75 KiB) Viewed 10493 times
Lewissay Bridge, 1935
lewissay bridge 1935.png
lewissay bridge 1935.png (581.28 KiB) Viewed 10493 times
Lewissay Bridge currently:
lewissay bridge present.png
lewissay bridge present.png (366.09 KiB) Viewed 10493 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Last set for today:

The riverside town of Bradley's Green has quite a bit of industry and is affluent. There is a large sawmill, and the steel mill is just south of here (note the foundry transporters at the scrapyard)
Bradley's Green.png
Bradley's Green.png (665.08 KiB) Viewed 10490 times
Badingsay station; it has been extensively rebuilt and moved since 1935. It needs a rebuild again soon, as it is quite congested.
badingsay.png
badingsay.png (486.33 KiB) Viewed 10490 times
A rural image for a change: A livestock train waits for the tractors from other farms to help fill it up. If it weren't for the VAST Fences, these roads would be lined with houses and that would look ugly.
rural.png
rural.png (619.05 KiB) Viewed 10490 times

Return to “Screenshots”