[OTTD] Emperor Jake's Epic Screenshots and Videos!

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] Emperor Jake's Epic Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Emperor Jake »

Hi everybody,
Here's something I've been meaning to put up on the forums for a while: my epic screenshot story of a transport company through time.
Anyway, enjoy, don't be afraid to ask for stuff because I still have ALL savegames, and please leave comments!

EDIT: I've restarted this thread because I have some other screenshots I want to show everyone. They are not related to the previous story.
There are also a few videos - take a look at my YouTube channel. :)

Here we go...

In the year 1820, Edward C. Pick founded a small company which provided horse and cart services between the cities of Ponsford, Futway, Brinton and Tenningville. The coaches were built by the world-famous coachbuilder Zephyris, who would contine to provide road vehicles for E. Pick and Co.
Attachments
The city of Ponsford is the capital of whatever state it's in. It is currently 1820 and the company has just been founded.<br /><br />(Please excuse the cropping fail)
The city of Ponsford is the capital of whatever state it's in. It is currently 1820 and the company has just been founded.

(Please excuse the cropping fail)
The city of Futway in 1822. On the left you can see the stables and Zephyris's coach workshop.
The city of Futway in 1822. On the left you can see the stables and Zephyris's coach workshop.
E. Pick & Co., 1822-06-02.png (90.23 KiB) Viewed 13529 times
In 1824, the company expanded to transporting milk and wheat to the food plant near Brinton.
In 1824, the company expanded to transporting milk and wheat to the food plant near Brinton.
E. Pick & Co., 1824-03-11.png (126.03 KiB) Viewed 13529 times
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 07 Oct 2011 08:53, edited 3 times in total.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Emperor Jake's Epic Screenshot Tale (OTTD)

Post by Emperor Jake »

In 1824, E. Pick and Co. , being very successful in their coach business, decided to expand their reaches. A rail line was built to carry coal from a nearby mine to the ironworks in Tenningville. The Industrial Revolution is in full swing.
THe next year, from the relatively fast income from the coal line, an iron ore route was constructed. However, the ore was high up on the tablelands, and so a steep pass had to be built to access it.
Attachments
The horse-hauled coal line to the ironworks was a huge success, even if it was a little pokey.
The horse-hauled coal line to the ironworks was a huge success, even if it was a little pokey.
E. Pick & Co., 1824-08-01.png (112.94 KiB) Viewed 13525 times
The train loading at the coal mine near Prindinghead.
The train loading at the coal mine near Prindinghead.
E. Pick & Co., 1824-11-06.png (38.26 KiB) Viewed 13525 times
The horses hauling the empty wagons up the steep pass. The brake van is for coming back down, so the heavy iron ore loaded wagons don't run over the horses.
The horses hauling the empty wagons up the steep pass. The brake van is for coming back down, so the heavy iron ore loaded wagons don't run over the horses.
E. Pick & Co., 1825-01-08.png (63.02 KiB) Viewed 13525 times
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I like! Nice to see an early game. Where are the horses and the early wagons coming from?
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Steam traction has arrived. And with it, a new passenger railway line Ponsford-Brinton-Tenningville.

(edit) Oops the first one got left out somehow!
Attachments
The ore train loading at the mines.
The ore train loading at the mines.
E. Pick & Co., 1825-03-18.png (68.19 KiB) Viewed 13528 times
The newly opened Engine Works, now that we have a supply of iron, can now build steam engines from blueprints we stole from Robert Stephenson. To the left, a new line is being built towards Ponsford.
The newly opened Engine Works, now that we have a supply of iron, can now build steam engines from blueprints we stole from Robert Stephenson. To the left, a new line is being built towards Ponsford.
E. Pick & Co., 1825-09-29.png (84.11 KiB) Viewed 13528 times
The shiny new steam locomotive rolls out of the Engine Works. It was built from blueprints Mr. Pick stole from Robert Stephenson.
The shiny new steam locomotive rolls out of the Engine Works. It was built from blueprints Mr. Pick stole from Robert Stephenson.
E. Pick & Co., 1825-10-09.png (102.5 KiB) Viewed 13479 times
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 13 Jan 2010 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

(See below)
Attachments
The train pulls into Brinton rail stop. It is right next to the town's cathedral, which annoyed some priors. But Mr. Pick sad for them to be glad they have a passenger service now. And glad they were... until some time later.
The train pulls into Brinton rail stop. It is right next to the town's cathedral, which annoyed some priors. But Mr. Pick sad for them to be glad they have a passenger service now. And glad they were... until some time later.
E. Pick & Co., 1825-11-17.png (76.48 KiB) Viewed 13530 times
The train pulls into the terminus at Ponsford. It is double-tracked because Mr. Pick likes to be &quot;prepared for the future&quot;
The train pulls into the terminus at Ponsford. It is double-tracked because Mr. Pick likes to be "prepared for the future"
E. Pick & Co., 1829-12-09.png (147.1 KiB) Viewed 13530 times
The food plant in Brinton wanted to distribute its wares better, so a new train was built to carry the food to supply Brinton and Ponsford.
The food plant in Brinton wanted to distribute its wares better, so a new train was built to carry the food to supply Brinton and Ponsford.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Happy 10th Birthday, E. Pick and Co.!

The company is 10 yeas pld and already we have 6 trains (4 in service) and 19 road vehicles!
Attachments
Ponsford, vehicle lists and a network map. Happy New Year 1830!
Ponsford, vehicle lists and a network map. Happy New Year 1830!
This Clipper transports mail to some distant towns. Well, distant for 1830's times. Also, why do the horse drawn trams need catenary? Well, Mr. Pick added them in case some rams of the future might need these &quot;wires&quot; to run. Many people think he's crazy, but then he runs the business so well.
This Clipper transports mail to some distant towns. Well, distant for 1830's times. Also, why do the horse drawn trams need catenary? Well, Mr. Pick added them in case some rams of the future might need these "wires" to run. Many people think he's crazy, but then he runs the business so well.
Brinton Railway Station has receives a second platform and passing loop to accommodate the second train due to increasing traffic.
Brinton Railway Station has receives a second platform and passing loop to accommodate the second train due to increasing traffic.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

DanMacK wrote:I like! Nice to see an early game. Where are the horses and the early wagons coming from?
Sorry DanMack, didn't see you there.

The trains are from an Early Rail UKRS extension http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=41132
which, interestingly, you posted in! You must have forgotten! lol

Thanks,
Jake
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Ahhh, didn't recognize the wagons. May need to redownload that
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The story continues...

By the way, i like the new feature that downsizeds images automatically so i dont have to crop them. :)
Attachments
A new branch line to Futway was built in 1840.
A new branch line to Futway was built in 1840.
The factory near Ponsford is now supplied with iron from the ironworks.
The factory near Ponsford is now supplied with iron from the ironworks.
A brand new type of engine, the 2-2-2 General Engine, has been developed by the Ironworks. It is standing in the siding, being prepared for its first run.
A brand new type of engine, the 2-2-2 General Engine, has been developed by the Ironworks. It is standing in the siding, being prepared for its first run.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Emperor Jake wrote:By the way, i like the new feature that downsizeds images automatically so i dont have to crop them. :)
You could just choose to take pictures in 800x600 format. (Game Options -> Screen Resolution ->800x600)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

petert wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:By the way, i like the new feature that downsizeds images automatically so i dont have to crop them. :)
You could just choose to take pictures in 800x600 format. (Game Options -> Screen Resolution ->800x600)
Well, it's too late for that, I've already made all of the screenshots up until 2030 or so. So this won't be one of those short-lived companies that only go from 1920 and get sold before 2000. No, the story will continue :D

Thanks for watching, we'll be right back.
Attachments
Expanding more and more... The sawmill at Geningwell, west of Ponsford. Passenger services also extend to more towns and villages in the region.
Expanding more and more... The sawmill at Geningwell, west of Ponsford. Passenger services also extend to more towns and villages in the region.
The horses didn't last very long on this line. Shortly after opening, they were transferred to the trams in Ponsford and replaced by Norris 4-2-0's now puffing through the forest.
The horses didn't last very long on this line. Shortly after opening, they were transferred to the trams in Ponsford and replaced by Norris 4-2-0's now puffing through the forest.
In fact, horses are being completely phased out on all of our lines. The coal and iron ore lines are now steam hauled too. The horses are waiting in the siding to pull their last load of coal into the station.
In fact, horses are being completely phased out on all of our lines. The coal and iron ore lines are now steam hauled too. The horses are waiting in the siding to pull their last load of coal into the station.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The story continues...
Attachments
Ponsford in 1844. It has grown considerably due to the regular and reliable services it is receiving from E. Pick and Co.
Ponsford in 1844. It has grown considerably due to the regular and reliable services it is receiving from E. Pick and Co.
A new railway line has been built to transport finished timber from the sawmill to Ponsford Factory.
A new railway line has been built to transport finished timber from the sawmill to Ponsford Factory.
An new type of passenger carriage that runs on bogeys enables the trains to reach the breakneck speeds of 61 km/h. Dr Dionysys Larder was not impressed that everybody made it through alive without dying of asphyxia.
An new type of passenger carriage that runs on bogeys enables the trains to reach the breakneck speeds of 61 km/h. Dr Dionysys Larder was not impressed that everybody made it through alive without dying of asphyxia.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The new mainline starts in Fawood and goes through Futway, Sarningville, Ronningbury and finishes in Dretown. New 4-4-0 Americans operate the line more powerfully than ever.
Attachments
In 1849, construction began on an entirely new mainline and a new station in Futway. Here it is 1851 and the trains are on their first public run.
In 1849, construction began on an entirely new mainline and a new station in Futway. Here it is 1851 and the trains are on their first public run.
The terminus in Fawood, a small village that Ponsford has grown into.
The terminus in Fawood, a small village that Ponsford has grown into.
The line passes through Sarningville. Here is the famous Sarningbrau Brewery, known across the whole region for its famous beer.
The line passes through Sarningville. Here is the famous Sarningbrau Brewery, known across the whole region for its famous beer.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Where did you get...

a) The map(less important)
b) The sailing ships
c) The steam/horse trams
d) The roads

They just look really interesting!
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

neg wrote:Where did you get...

a) The map(less important)
b) The sailing ships
c) The steam/horse trams
d) The roads

They just look really interesting!
Here you go :wink:

a) Automatically generated in ottd.
b) 2cc ships set. http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... =2cc+ships
c) eGRVTS: http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/details ... ils&id=234
d) NA Roads set: http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/index.p ... q=43415261
Attachments
A 4-4-0 American steams into the terminus at Dretown.
A 4-4-0 American steams into the terminus at Dretown.
Here you can see several things: Horses transporting logs to the sawmill at Geningwell, and also a new dock for services to Ponsford, Dretown and some distant cities.
Here you can see several things: Horses transporting logs to the sawmill at Geningwell, and also a new dock for services to Ponsford, Dretown and some distant cities.
The company starts radically expanding passenger lines. Here is a branch to New Frardinghattan.
The company starts radically expanding passenger lines. Here is a branch to New Frardinghattan.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

(...)
Attachments
A regular paddle-steamer ferry service now operates from Ponsford to Pronnley Market and Genningwell.
A regular paddle-steamer ferry service now operates from Ponsford to Pronnley Market and Genningwell.
Another new branchline to Trinnford and Nonwood. 4-2-0 Norris locomotives from the iron ore line temporarily operate this line.
Another new branchline to Trinnford and Nonwood. 4-2-0 Norris locomotives from the iron ore line temporarily operate this line.
The Ponsford Historical Locomotive Society has been founded and they bought the last Stephenson engine to be phased out from service and will keep it as a museum piece.
The Ponsford Historical Locomotive Society has been founded and they bought the last Stephenson engine to be phased out from service and will keep it as a museum piece.
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

nice! regarding the eGRVTS, I don't usually see the horses and all, because I play in a later (1985+) time frame. I ought to try playing in an earlier time zone. And again, nice screenies... wot wot!
Check out some of my work
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

bwong wrote:nice! regarding the eGRVTS, I don't usually see the horses and all, because I play in a later (1985+) time frame. I ought to try playing in an earlier time zone. And again, nice screenies... wot wot!
Try playing with vehicles never expire on, I always do. I feel it can add variety to a game when I can choose between more vehicles to suit my needs. For this reason I also like the engine pool. Indeed it is interesting to play a 19th century game once in a while :)

Thanks for watching,
Jake
Attachments
A new iron ore deposit was found near Brinton, so this siding was built to transport it to the ironworks. Loading at the farm is the company's first steam powered truck.
A new iron ore deposit was found near Brinton, so this siding was built to transport it to the ironworks. Loading at the farm is the company's first steam powered truck.
Here are the first steam buses and trams. The steam buses are too slow at only 4 km/h but the trams were a success.
Here are the first steam buses and trams. The steam buses are too slow at only 4 km/h but the trams were a success.
Here is a network map as of 1866. You can see the wide expansion of new branchlines, the distant cities of Dretbridge and Lardston.
Here is a network map as of 1866. You can see the wide expansion of new branchlines, the distant cities of Dretbridge and Lardston.
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by bwong »

wow... the town grew, quickly
Check out some of my work
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

bwong wrote:wow... the town grew, quickly
Well, it's a city, and cities grow fast, don't they? (ok maybe i had the town growth speed setting a bit too high?)
Attachments
Despite the small station, Cathill is a knotting point for 3 lines and these have become known as the &quot;whiskers&quot;
Despite the small station, Cathill is a knotting point for 3 lines and these have become known as the "whiskers"
The tram network now extends to Pronnley Market. People are complaining that Mr. Pick's useless wires are ruining the view of the bay.
The tram network now extends to Pronnley Market. People are complaining that Mr. Pick's useless wires are ruining the view of the bay.
A 2-6-0 Mogul has displaced the last Norris on the coal line, the Norris is now in the museum society.
A 2-6-0 Mogul has displaced the last Norris on the coal line, the Norris is now in the museum society.

Return to “Screenshots”