[OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated June 28, 2016)

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated January 2, 20

Post by STD »

Great video on your game. Thank you :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Its been awhile when I posted videos! Should make the same! Better than pictures actually in my opinion, but bit more work :)

Good ones kamnet :)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Open Broadcaster Software - https://obsproject.com/‎

Specifically designed to record and stream live gaming sessions. Set it to record at a high bitrate (over 10,000 kbps), set buffer to 0, play around with the screen size and other stuff to suit yourself.
kamnet

[OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated June 24, 2014)

Post by kamnet »

After spending some months working on my new Birth of an Empire scenario for Spring 2013 Patch Pack, I finally started playing my creation. A few screenshots for now, video tomorrow.
Attachments
Passenger & mail train heading up Diamondback Hill
Passenger & mail train heading up Diamondback Hill
diamondback-hill.png (205.81 KiB) Viewed 6278 times
Passenger & mail train heading down the steep mountain terrain towards Portland.
Passenger & mail train heading down the steep mountain terrain towards Portland.
portland-mountain.png (199.97 KiB) Viewed 6278 times
Portland, my largest city on the map in 1863.
Portland, my largest city on the map in 1863.
portland.png (149.17 KiB) Viewed 6278 times
kamnet

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated June 24, 2014

Post by kamnet »

In my "Birth of an Empire" Scenario for OpenTTD Spring 2013 Patch Pack, the Portland Express leaves Buffalo and travels down and along the ridges of three mountains to reach Portland, near the sea. Music includes "Maple Leaf Rag" and "The Easy Winners" by Scott Joplin. YouTube

kamnet

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated June 24, 2014

Post by kamnet »

Another video, train running from Westwood across another mountain range to Buffalo. Youtube link

A few shots of stations I've built near some of the farms and small towns to collect goods and passengers, and a network map.
Attachments
albany-station.png
albany-station.png (199.7 KiB) Viewed 6112 times
malta-stop.png
malta-stop.png (192.31 KiB) Viewed 6112 times
map.png
map.png (318.49 KiB) Viewed 6110 times
kamnet

Nuvanut Heightmap

Post by kamnet »

A rough (not great) heightmap of Nunavut. Water is colored 000000, land is colored 030303. Posted here in response to a Reddit discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/openttd/commen ... eightmaps/
Attachments
nunavut3.png
nunavut3.png (37.85 KiB) Viewed 893 times
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated June 24, 2014)

Post by Pyoro »

"malta stop" is missing a track piece. dunno if it's on purpose ;)
kamnet

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated June 24, 2014)

Post by kamnet »

Pyoro wrote:"malta stop" is missing a track piece. dunno if it's on purpose ;)
I'm pretty sure it was. I think I reworked it all later. I don't remember, it's been several months since I've played.
kamnet

Re: [OTTD] Kamnet's Screenshot Thread (Updated June 28, 2016)

Post by kamnet »

So after a few years layoff on screenshots, and really any game play, I've spent the past few days going back over my game I started back in 2010. It still runs on ChillCore's Patch Pack. Even though I'm missing out on a boatload of NewGRFs, scripts, and other game features this is still one of my most favorite games and I am happy to get back to it. It's still corrupted and it's still going to crash eventually, but I'll deal with it.

So we're coming into 1980 now and the biggest issue I've mostly ignored is passenger service. My home cities of Wallace and Edison has a terminal station that is just overflowing with traffic, at one point reaching up to 10,000 passengers and 5000 bags of mail waiting for transfer. I tried adding more trains and higher capacity trains and faster trains, but the bottom line here was that with only three platforms in each direction, I needed to remodel and expand. It took me nearly six months of in-game time to do, but I finally got it expanded.

Once that was done, I needed to re-organize the cities to make them more efficient. Several AIs were running buses of various costs, sizes and speeds all over the place. It was a congested nightmare! Having activated Street Lights didn't help either, it just caused more backlog. My solution was three-fold. First, I consolidated all in-city passenger transportation to one AI. Second, I got rid of all buses and moved to high-capacity trams. Finally, I re-organized most of the town into a grid optimized for space, and organized a series of circuits to transfer passengers from the city to the station and back.

In the process, I also engaged in some city reshaping, removing most of the roads and adding some eye candy. I think you'll like the results in this huge screenshot. You can see previous screenshots of the area from 1963 and 1973 here: viewtopic.php?p=1044588#p1044588
Attachments
Wallace-Edison-1980.png
(2.02 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”