[OTTD] Marshy's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Vloris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vloris »

Very nice shots!
There is one thing that puzzles me though and makes me wonder if your second-to-last shot (that of Flondworth) is really the same game: I see a different kind of tunnelentrance being used there for railway tunnels (basetunnels), which I don't see in any of your other screenies of this game.
How did you do that :shock:
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

The enhanced tunnel grf I'm using is not compatible above snowline, so when i place the new tunnel grf above the snowline it instantly changes to the original ttd tunnel entrance...quite cool really to have 2 types of tunnels.

Update, its 1976 i think ( maybe 78 )..have a look, and please make any suggestions or comments on the network so far. (Note, just to the left of Grufingley is an electrified single line thats still under construction. Also, there is a brand new line that has just been built that only one coal train uses currently, i havnt started passenger services there yet).

Cheers
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(4 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
TRT20_45.SV1
(366.49 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
newgrfw.cfg
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Marshy - FANTASTIC shots!! They look great! 8)
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Thanks Ben, here's 4 more random shots.

3 seperate lines run alongside eachother here. On the top line, a trio of SD40-2's pull a heavy coal train, while on the bottom line an FP7 express heads south to Grufingley...these express services are soon to have a livery change to VIA.

A new line has been built to the west corner of the map, which contains nothing but 3 coal mines and a farm. SD40-2's run the coal service, as you can see in the screen a trio loads while another trio pass by with a fully loaded train.

Back up in the mountains, the old Budd RDC dmu has been replaced with a brand new shiny Werkspoor RAm TEE. It can be seen here crossing the valley past a couple of MLW M636's on food service.

One of the newest services on the network is an electrified route between Sunnville and Frethill, this route is run by 3 CC&F EMU's. Here is little Slenwood, with one of the EMU's on platform 1.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

That shot of Slenwood (Little Slenwood?) above is really nice! I like it lots :D
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Thanks Ben.

Right, thats it..i'm done with this game. Its 1996 and i've got to the point at which i have nothing to do, just basically watch.

So here's 2 screens + the saved game and .cfg's:

Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(4 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
newgrfw.cfg
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
TRT27_55.SV1
(390.51 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

That's inspired me to play a proper game with the CanSet, maybe in OTTD to take advantage of the larger map sizes to have some properly mammoth trains.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Lov-er-ley shots Marshy. Real nice.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Hello fellow housemates.

just a teaser of my new game, i decided to do something different and us the US set with the tropic climate (which i havn't played with in like..forever), should be a refreshing game.

A station im quite proud of, layout-wise. (no trains yet, just built it)

Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Thats a neat little station Marshy!! :)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re:

Post by Ameecher »

Marshy wrote:Hello fellow housemates.

A station im quite proud of, layout-wise. (no trains yet, just built it)
I'd check your signalling before adding trains then ;)
Marshy
Director
Director

Re: [TTDP] Marshy's Screenshots

Post by Marshy »

Yeah, i know i'm missing a signal.

doesn't matter anyway, ive already abandoned this game due to me been silly and using pikka's basic industries with the US set..which doesnt work.

oh well.
irvine6
Engineer
Engineer

Post by irvine6 »

HI ,

Ive been looking at pics like this for a while now and was just wondering how you get train stations to look like that with carparks and coal etc..?

Thanks
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Hey, I'm sorry for these 'teaser' screens but i'm running short of time..but here is a teaser of my current game (which i havn't touched in 6 days due to starting my new job), using the newly updated USset.

NOTE: i realise that my trains are driving on the left, and i'm not using US signals but of well..nobodys perfect.

EDIT: yes, i have cheated because i was bored of waiting for money so i could flatten a 'small' hill. I've altered it back down to 100k now though :P
Attachments
The town of Pufield.  Two seperate GP9 local services can be seen, as well as the newly built almighty PA-1 food train.  The terminus platform is for goods trains.
The town of Pufield. Two seperate GP9 local services can be seen, as well as the newly built almighty PA-1 food train. The terminus platform is for goods trains.
MUSA1.png (88.66 KiB) Viewed 2782 times
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Hello,

Its been what, almost 4 years since I last played? Getting grips with OTTD, so I'll gladly accept any feedback for my games!
Here's a teaser of my current game:

Very much under construction, I'm more of a realism player than anything, so I don't play to earn money etc, more play to create picturesque networks and plenty eye candy :D
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

That looks superb, well done.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I very much approve!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Couple more..

Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

nice screens,

and i must say:
"whooohoo your the first i see using the DWE set (and brace yourself for the next release, will be wááy better)" :wink:

Return to “Screenshots”