[OTTD] Andysine's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] Andysine's Screenshots

Post by andysine »

Right, lets jump on the bandwagon with a few screenshots from my latest game.

Current Game - Nightly r7336, Temperate Climate
GRFs - UKRS, New Stations, a couple of bridge add-ons etc...

You join me in 1957 and Blue Line Railways hasn't been doing too well of late. The company has failed to make a profit since starting in 1930 and has had recent trouble replacing some of its oldest locomotives. However, things are looking up with the completion of the South-West Mainline, which the company hopes to develop into the backbone of its services. At the moment the Blue Line also runs a couple suburban and rural routes to the north west and several short distance coal routes.
Attachments
A coalmine adjacent to the completed SW Mainline. An express speeds past as a coal train loads at the mine.
A coalmine adjacent to the completed SW Mainline. An express speeds past as a coal train loads at the mine.
Blue Line Railways 1957 - 3.png (749.79 KiB) Viewed 14985 times
A few stations down the line from Treditch, a rural train leaves Beaditch, while a local stopping service enters, ready to reverse here for Avonborough.
A few stations down the line from Treditch, a rural train leaves Beaditch, while a local stopping service enters, ready to reverse here for Avonborough.
Blue Line Railways 1957 - 2.png (506.77 KiB) Viewed 15006 times
Avonborough is the main hub of one of the suburban networks. The line to the west is serviced by many local trains and some that continue to the outlying towns.
Avonborough is the main hub of one of the suburban networks. The line to the west is serviced by many local trains and some that continue to the outlying towns.
Blue Line Railways 1957 - 1.png (515.41 KiB) Viewed 15007 times
Last edited by andysine on 13 Dec 2006 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Age of Industry Replacement Set
Themed industry set for OpenTTD

The Greenest Valley
A beautiful scenario featuring Cardiff and the south Wales valleys

Mountains and Prairies
Huge scenario based on Western Canada
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Andysine's Screenshots

Post by Ameecher »

andysine wrote:Right, lets jump on the bandwagon with a few screenshots from my latest game.

Current Game - Nightly r7336, Temperate Climate
GRFs - BRSet, New Stations, a couple of bridge add-ons etc...
I assume you mean the UKRS as the BRSet has not even really got into the drawing stage, only a few trains are done... give us time....

Nice screenies by the way!
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

Oh yeah, I mean the UKRS. I'll just go and edit that...

Some more pics.

Its 1969 and now Blue Line Railways are doing much better. In 20 years the company has been well and truly turned-around. The South West Mainline has been completed as has a new cross country mainline. These form the hub of the network, sharing fast passenger services and many slower freight trains. The company has been fortunate enough to replace all its trains recently, and there are no longer any steam engines anywhere on the network. The Western Commuter Line has been electrified and the company is aiming to finance an oil refinery in the east, and extend the South East mainline to supply it.
Attachments
The South West Mainline passes through the sleepy town of Minbrook Marsh which sees a large amount of freight traffic from the surrounding farms and coal mines. The grain train in view will take the cross country route up to the factory near the centre of
The South West Mainline passes through the sleepy town of Minbrook Marsh which sees a large amount of freight traffic from the surrounding farms and coal mines. The grain train in view will take the cross country route up to the factory near the centre of
Blue Line Railways 1969 - 3.png (586.07 KiB) Viewed 14856 times
Just east is the suburb of Reehall. Express trains pass straight through this station on the way into and out of Avonborough. Just out of picture to the east it joins with the freight route to form the cross country route which meets with the SW Mainline,
Just east is the suburb of Reehall. Express trains pass straight through this station on the way into and out of Avonborough. Just out of picture to the east it joins with the freight route to form the cross country route which meets with the SW Mainline,
Blue Line Railways 1969 - 2.png (582.79 KiB) Viewed 14879 times
Avonborough has changed somewhat in the 20 years. The station layout is the same, but it is finally handling a large number of trains for which it was intentionally designed. Express services and local commuter trains both terminate here.
Avonborough has changed somewhat in the 20 years. The station layout is the same, but it is finally handling a large number of trains for which it was intentionally designed. Express services and local commuter trains both terminate here.
Blue Line Railways 1969 - 1.png (547.19 KiB) Viewed 14897 times

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

More screenshots...

Its 1981 and the money is rolling in! The planned extention of the South West Mainline went ahead as planned and an oil refinery was subsidised in the North. Construction on the railway began in 1971 and it took 4 years and around £11million to complete. It goes approximately half the length of the country* and is expected to bring in over £5million per year.

* The map size is 512x1024.
Attachments
Strathness Station, where the South West Mainline (west line in the top left of the picture) and cross country routes (converge briefly. They split again just out of shot. This station has recently undergone a major overhaul, as it handles an extremely la
Strathness Station, where the South West Mainline (west line in the top left of the picture) and cross country routes (converge briefly. They split again just out of shot. This station has recently undergone a major overhaul, as it handles an extremely la
Blue Line Railways 1981 - 3.png (558.55 KiB) Viewed 14786 times
On the South West Mainline, an empty oil train passes through Flindingport Beeches, while a northbound Class 37 waits to depart.
On the South West Mainline, an empty oil train passes through Flindingport Beeches, while a northbound Class 37 waits to depart.
Blue Line Railways 1981 - 2.png (531.17 KiB) Viewed 14800 times
Here a train transporting crude oil enters the terminal, while two Class 47s wait to depart. The oil comes from three wells, with one producing over 350,000 litres per month.
Here a train transporting crude oil enters the terminal, while two Class 47s wait to depart. The oil comes from three wells, with one producing over 350,000 litres per month.
Blue Line Railways 1981 - 1.png (441.18 KiB) Viewed 14814 times

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

A new game. (UKRS, Newstations etc.)

Starting around the island capital of Candon in the west, Clique transport aimed to build links with the surrounding suburbs and then onto other towns. I have concentrated the screen shots on this area, to show how the company develops and grows over time

Picture 1: The starting map

Picture 2: The first train arrives at Greenshore. This station would become the hub of services for the island, with 80% of trains departing from this terminus in later years.

Picture 3: 14 years on, greenshore looks a little different. The line has been extended on to Findale on the mainland and double tracked down its length.
Attachments
Greendale and Candon 14 years later
Greendale and Candon 14 years later
Clique Transport 1934 - 1.png (417.25 KiB) Viewed 14397 times
The first train arrives at Greenshore
The first train arrives at Greenshore
Clique Transport 1920 - 1.png (409.44 KiB) Viewed 14407 times
The map in 1920
The map in 1920
Clique Transport Map 1920.png (60.5 KiB) Viewed 14412 times
Last edited by andysine on 20 Mar 2007 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

Picture 1: A commuter network has been set up around Green Island. Together with the ferry from Greenshore to Treedtown, an entire circle can be completed.

Picture 2: By 1948, the stations serving Greenshore, Candon and Standean have been rebuilt to accommodate the express trains from the outlying towns. All trains terminate at Greenshore, but all expresses either serve Candon or Standean. Only the local trains stop at all three.

Picture 3: By 1956 the network has grown. Now only local services use the Findale loop, while the express trains use the 'shortcut line' between Plondean and Standean. Local services have been extended out to Flintbay, and iron ore is transported from Grimstone mines to Seeby Mill. To accommodate the extra traffic, the line is four-tracked all the way from Farside Bay to Green Island.
There are two main express routes from Greenshore, which bunny hop each other as far as Genfield, where they split. The new route from Whitbrook Marsh to the east can also be seen.
Attachments
The network by 1956
The network by 1956
Clique Transport Map 1956.png (69.94 KiB) Viewed 14373 times
The busy city in 1948
The busy city in 1948
Clique Transport 1948 - 1.png (406.45 KiB) Viewed 14381 times
The map in 1934
The map in 1934
Clique Transport 1934 - 2.png (36.17 KiB) Viewed 14383 times

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

I like the way you lay out your station entrances. Great screenshots mate.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Leviath.NL
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Leviath.NL »

very nice network, on the map it looks almost like an reallife rail-network :)
Sug
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sug »

Nice screenshots. Could you upload the scenario, I like the look of that map.
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

Okay, here's the scenario file. I'm using a Nightly Build (r7336) so I'm not sure whether it'll work on other computers
Attachments
Greenhaven.zip
The scenario file
(367.4 KiB) Downloaded 374 times

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
Sug
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sug »

Thanks a lot, works perfectly on mine (nightly as well).
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

r7336? Isn't that a bit too old?
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

A few more screenshots...

Picture 1: To accommodate the extra traffic, Greenshore, Candon and Standean stations have all been extended to six platforms. Electrification of this section has also occurred, and a hovercraft can be seen at the top of the screen, which links Greenshore, Treedtown and Fenton Island.

Picture 2: Moving east, by 1981, the suburbs are flourishing. An EMU can be seen at Chindton, while a HST can be seen speeding through the Plondean 'Shortcut' Line.

Picture 3: Nantwell in 1985. A medium-distance Type 3 waits at Nantwell as a HST overtakes it. A Seeby Mill bound iron ore train follows it.
Attachments
Clique Transport 1985 - 1.png
Clique Transport 1985 - 1.png (557.77 KiB) Viewed 14155 times
Clique Transport 1981 - 1.png
Clique Transport 1981 - 1.png (495.31 KiB) Viewed 14161 times
Clique Transport 1971 - 1.png
Clique Transport 1971 - 1.png (424 KiB) Viewed 14172 times

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
Leviath.NL
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Leviath.NL »

can you post a save-game of your latest game?
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

Sure...
Attachments
Clique Transport 2008.sav
Its using the r7336 Nightly Build plus loads of station grfs, so I don't know if it'll work on people's computers...
(517.95 KiB) Downloaded 335 times

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

After a rather long break, I've started playing OTTD again. Here are some screenshots from a game I'm playing at the moment with the subsidiaries patch on the MiniIN.
Attachments
The junction on the north side of Saningworth Victoria. Here most local services head west via St. Marys. All expresses and some locals head to the north coast.
The junction on the north side of Saningworth Victoria. Here most local services head west via St. Marys. All expresses and some locals head to the north coast.
InterRail, 14th Apr 1951.png (148.78 KiB) Viewed 13529 times
Stanningdon Junction. Express trains do not stop here, though a large number of local services do. To the north is Saningworth Victoria, Saningworth's main station.
Stanningdon Junction. Express trains do not stop here, though a large number of local services do. To the north is Saningworth Victoria, Saningworth's main station.
InterRail, 18th Apr 1951.png (132.4 KiB) Viewed 13521 times
The north of my map. The red lines are InterNorthern, one of the local subsidiaries. Yellow is Central Rail.
The north of my map. The red lines are InterNorthern, one of the local subsidiaries. Yellow is Central Rail.
InterRail Map North 1.png (29.46 KiB) Viewed 13527 times

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

More...
Attachments
A scene near the South West terminus at Westbrook.
A scene near the South West terminus at Westbrook.
InterRail, 30th Mar 1951.png (130.29 KiB) Viewed 13522 times
The west side of my map. All local services are provided by South West Rail.
The west side of my map. All local services are provided by South West Rail.
InterRail Map West.png (26.63 KiB) Viewed 13516 times
An express overtakes a local service at Deanfield. Both are headed for Plabourne
An express overtakes a local service at Deanfield. Both are headed for Plabourne
InterRail, 14th May 1951.png (109.22 KiB) Viewed 13522 times

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

Final few...
Attachments
InterRail, 4th Apr 1951.png
The very busy Stanberg Station. A junction between the Southern Mainline and several local lines.
(321.59 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
The Southern Mainline passes from east to west, underneath a local line.
The Southern Mainline passes from east to west, underneath a local line.
InterRail, 7th Apr 1951.png (146.61 KiB) Viewed 13518 times
The busy eastern area of my map. An extensive suburban and urban network is provided by Greenline Trains.
The busy eastern area of my map. An extensive suburban and urban network is provided by Greenline Trains.
InterRail Map South East.png (35.69 KiB) Viewed 13511 times

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Nice shots!! And I liek the groupings of the towns. It makes the map look quite realistic in layout :)
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Thats some good s***! :D
Can we have some more please, maybe some termini?
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||

Return to “Screenshots”