[OTTD] Bad Hair Day's Bad Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] Bad Hair Day's Bad Screenshots

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Here are some screenshots of questionable quality. Screenshots from page 6 onwards suck less.

Enjoy.

Games

Japan
Start
End

Temperate Random Land, UKRS2
Start
End

Britain
Start
End

Custom Sub Arctic scenario (available here)
Start
End

Temperate Random Land, UKRS2
Start
End

Sub-Arctic Critish Bolumbia Scenario (newgrf version), NARS2
Start

This post

Random land, temperate, UKRS.
Attachments
it's now 1925. A shiny new Pacific sits loading in the station.<br /><br />Trams wander, one of them on the wrong line... Again.
it's now 1925. A shiny new Pacific sits loading in the station.

Trams wander, one of them on the wrong line... Again.
Bradston Transport, 2nd Mar 1925.png (159.58 KiB) Viewed 6578 times
Numerous AI air crashes. Apparantly they &amp;quot;ran out of fuel&amp;quot;. By the end of the year, every aircraft from both AI companies will have &amp;quot;ran out of fuel&amp;quot;.
Numerous AI air crashes. Apparantly they &quot;ran out of fuel&quot;. By the end of the year, every aircraft from both AI companies will have &quot;ran out of fuel&quot;.
Bradston Transport, 8th Jun 1923.png (217.13 KiB) Viewed 6560 times
Nennton as orignally built. Oddly busy.
Nennton as orignally built. Oddly busy.
Bradston Transport, 25th Apr 1923.png (180.03 KiB) Viewed 6693 times
Last edited by Bad Hair Day on 01 Nov 2020 14:57, edited 26 times in total.
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I'm guessing the AI removed it's airports first, leaving the planes in mid-air, leaving the planes to circle for so long they crashed? :p
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Three more...
Attachments
Here, the train is travelling along the Bradston bypass line. It was built the ensure future traffic is kept away from the station there.
Here, the train is travelling along the Bradston bypass line. It was built the ensure future traffic is kept away from the station there.
Bradston Transport, 19th Mar 1925.png (155.6 KiB) Viewed 6419 times
The train is seen here crossing the bridge over a dip. Very elegant...<br />A Super D 0-8-0 is turning off the mainline with a rake of coal empties
The train is seen here crossing the bridge over a dip. Very elegant...
A Super D 0-8-0 is turning off the mainline with a rake of coal empties
Bradston Transport, 15th Mar 1925.png (141.16 KiB) Viewed 6422 times
In just two years, both the town and station of Nennton have grown. Oddly, the express is the only train in view.
In just two years, both the town and station of Nennton have grown. Oddly, the express is the only train in view.
Bradston Transport, 13th Mar 1925.png (185.42 KiB) Viewed 6429 times
Last edited by Bad Hair Day on 02 Dec 2006 00:25, edited 2 times in total.

White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Nice screenshots. Your junctions are cool, though they are very heavily signalled. I'll go upload screenshots of some 2-10-0s now. :)

Heh, I had to keep refreshing since all the comments were in the wrong order and you were editing them. :P
Last edited by White Rabbit on 02 Dec 2006 00:16, edited 5 times in total.
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Cheers White Rabbit. :) I over signal them for capacity. It's just become a habit.

Last one...

side note: Image order fixed.
Attachments
The train is seen arriving in Satfinghall city. Again, the Pacific is the only thing in sight.
The train is seen arriving in Satfinghall city. Again, the Pacific is the only thing in sight.
Bradston Transport, 21st Mar 1925.png (91.49 KiB) Viewed 25850 times
Last edited by Bad Hair Day on 02 Dec 2006 00:49, edited 1 time in total.

White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Wait, http://tt-forums.net/download.php?id=60797 is still not fixed. It's showing Neston.
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Fixed. (Finally.)

Computers can be pretty irritating at times, made worse my own idiocy. Or is that the other way round?

edit:

New screenies from 1927.
note: Look at the numbers in the file names for the right order, because again, it's borked.
Attachments
The Pacific passes a class mate while it tackles the gradients to get up the mountain.
The Pacific passes a class mate while it tackles the gradients to get up the mountain.
2.PNG (79.88 KiB) Viewed 6308 times
A Pacific is seen loading in the newly built Tenpool station. A 2-6-4 tank engine hauls a local and can be seen in the bottom right corner.
A Pacific is seen loading in the newly built Tenpool station. A 2-6-4 tank engine hauls a local and can be seen in the bottom right corner.
1.PNG (128.68 KiB) Viewed 6300 times
The train is seen here emerging from a tunnel and beginning to cross a viaduct.
The train is seen here emerging from a tunnel and beginning to cross a viaduct.
3.PNG (90.33 KiB) Viewed 25759 times
Last edited by Bad Hair Day on 02 Dec 2006 20:24, edited 2 times in total.

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

More...
Attachments
The train is seen here passing the station of Fruntfinghill, from which the Stopper we saw earlier is now departing.
The train is seen here passing the station of Fruntfinghill, from which the Stopper we saw earlier is now departing.
6.PNG (67.53 KiB) Viewed 25740 times
Here, the train is seen leaving the old mainline and joining a recently built line which will take it past the older routes.
Here, the train is seen leaving the old mainline and joining a recently built line which will take it past the older routes.
5.PNG (116.55 KiB) Viewed 6258 times
The train has just come down the other side of the mountain and is now passing thorugh a rather messy area. Few trains actually operate in this section, but that should soon change.
The train has just come down the other side of the mountain and is now passing thorugh a rather messy area. Few trains actually operate in this section, but that should soon change.
4.PNG (106 KiB) Viewed 6255 times

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

More still...
Attachments
Two goods trains, a stopper and our train are seen here New Sludwood junction.
Two goods trains, a stopper and our train are seen here New Sludwood junction.
9.PNG (106.39 KiB) Viewed 25738 times
The train is seen passing through Tunville. A stopper is seen in the other platform.
The train is seen passing through Tunville. A stopper is seen in the other platform.
8.PNG (78.7 KiB) Viewed 25737 times
The train rumbles through Satfinghall City. A stopper for the older route is seen in platform 2.
The train rumbles through Satfinghall City. A stopper for the older route is seen in platform 2.
7.PNG (94.99 KiB) Viewed 25746 times

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

And finally...

edit: Map added.
Attachments
The train arrives at Nennton. The station has again changed, though this time with the track set up rather than platforms. The through line beyond the station is now double track.
The train arrives at Nennton. The station has again changed, though this time with the track set up rather than platforms. The through line beyond the station is now double track.
10.PNG (170.19 KiB) Viewed 6453 times
Map of the network, 19th December 1929.
Map of the network, 19th December 1929.
Map, 19th Dec 1929.PNG (59.42 KiB) Viewed 6257 times

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

2-10-0 wrote:Image
That looks like a quite boring town, looking at the variety of buildings.
Nice screenies nonetheless.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Purno wrote:
It's OpenTTD, Purno. You can't really have a very good variety of buildings when it does not support newhouses.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Aye, you got a point there. :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

The thing I find amusing is the amount of those buildings with the clocks. It would be ok if they were offices, but infact, they're theatres. I guess people love a good show or two. Hundred

White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Purno wrote:
It's a normal town, given the year, because theatres for some reason are VERY common during the pre-50s.

No exceptions. Look at Nenton: https://tt-forums.net/download.php?id=60881 :lol:
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Bradston was worse with nearly every major building be a theatre. They've demolished most of them now though.

edit:

New shots. Three or four more posts after.
Attachments
The train is beginning to decend. Here, it crosses a freight only section along which a Super D 0-8-0 is hauling a rake of coal empties.
The train is beginning to decend. Here, it crosses a freight only section along which a Super D 0-8-0 is hauling a rake of coal empties.
13.png (176.75 KiB) Viewed 6221 times
The train passes a stopper on the climb to Rendwood Woods summit. The train won't stop at this station, or any other for that matter.
The train passes a stopper on the climb to Rendwood Woods summit. The train won't stop at this station, or any other for that matter.
12.png (131.42 KiB) Viewed 6215 times
A Pacific (Yes, another...) climbs the slopes out of Tronbourne. An sister on the same route and a 2-6-4 tank on stopper can also be seen.
A Pacific (Yes, another...) climbs the slopes out of Tronbourne. An sister on the same route and a 2-6-4 tank on stopper can also be seen.
11.png (81.02 KiB) Viewed 25544 times

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

More...
Attachments
The passes a stopper in the narrow gap between the mountain side and Tenpool. It was a right pain to build thanks to lots of houses and tree.
The passes a stopper in the narrow gap between the mountain side and Tenpool. It was a right pain to build thanks to lots of houses and tree.
16.png (67.97 KiB) Viewed 25511 times
Here, the train is crossing the valley floor. The disused road seen used to belong to the now defunct Tenpool Transport.
Here, the train is crossing the valley floor. The disused road seen used to belong to the now defunct Tenpool Transport.
15.png (84.84 KiB) Viewed 25522 times
The train continues to decend. Two agricultural trains can be seen in the farm station.
The train continues to decend. Two agricultural trains can be seen in the farm station.
14.png (77.16 KiB) Viewed 25543 times

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Yet more...
Attachments
The train now leaves the mainline almost as quickly as it joined it, and turns of down onto the new bypass line.
The train now leaves the mainline almost as quickly as it joined it, and turns of down onto the new bypass line.
19.png (161.3 KiB) Viewed 6201 times
We pass another stopper between the junction and the tunnels of Bintfingly.
We pass another stopper between the junction and the tunnels of Bintfingly.
18.png (154.05 KiB) Viewed 6199 times
The train is seen here rumbling through the new platforms built for trains heading up the new line from which we came from.
The train is seen here rumbling through the new platforms built for trains heading up the new line from which we came from.
17.png (64.32 KiB) Viewed 25492 times

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Last actual shots from this bunch...
Attachments
Here the train passes between two parts of a coal unloading station. Not nice to look at for the passengers, but this was a freight only line...<br />The town of Bradston and it's station are also in view.<br /><br />Nothing new to see beyond this point.
Here the train passes between two parts of a coal unloading station. Not nice to look at for the passengers, but this was a freight only line...
The town of Bradston and it's station are also in view.

Nothing new to see beyond this point.
22.png (241.16 KiB) Viewed 6207 times
Here, the bypass ends and the train joins what was originally freight only. On the left, another Pacific is seen waiting to enter it's starting station for a fresh load of goods.
Here, the bypass ends and the train joins what was originally freight only. On the left, another Pacific is seen waiting to enter it's starting station for a fresh load of goods.
21.png (193.94 KiB) Viewed 6194 times
In this shot, the train is speeding downhill after passing through Reningbury Woods. The station is built on the edge which was originally served only by a branch line. It's now suitable for through trains in this new station.
In this shot, the train is speeding downhill after passing through Reningbury Woods. The station is built on the edge which was originally served only by a branch line. It's now suitable for through trains in this new station.
20.png (104.22 KiB) Viewed 25493 times

Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

The map of the network as of May 8th 1933.
Attachments
Map 8th May 1933.PNG
Map 8th May 1933.PNG (86.6 KiB) Viewed 6263 times

Return to “Screenshots”