[TTDP/OTTD] Ameecher's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [TTDP/OTTD] Ameecher's Shots [BRITISH STATIONS: Unreleas

Post by Kevo00 »

Love the elevated S-Bahn, and the remote mountain feel of New Urhost. Quite Ruritanian even.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

The old layout at Saalwald with the new mainline being built. This would allow a simplification of the station throat and allow more platforms.
Stuttgart Transport, 10th Jan 1979.png
(2.67 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
And the finished layout. The old line has now been reduced to a single track DMU line with everything else diverted to the new line. This allowed the platforms to be moved north enabling the creation two full length bays as seen here. Bit messy but it all works smoothly and beat digging a whole hill out to fit in the same platform gain.
Stuttgart Transport, 24th Jun 1982.png
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
And a map, request away.
Stuttgart Transport, 21st Jun 1982.png
(670.7 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

And Stuttgart got a bit of a facelift for it's S-Bahn to coincide with new stock in the form of BR420s. The North station was moved north 3 squares to enable more growth of the CBD. This was possible as more trains were diverted to the South station which gained an extra platform, redevelopment of the area surrounding the station is taking longer but continues after the river was straightened to make more usable land. Compare to this shot.
Future plans involve making the line to the south of the South Bahnhof (central on the screenshot) into a loop of the S-bahn round to the freight yard in the East, but this is a bit of pipe dream at the moment.
Attachments
Stuttgart Transport, 5th Jan 1981.png
(2.7 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Nice shots, as usual.

But how do you make sure trains use the right platforms, especially the ones needing to use the through platforms rather then the terminus?
I don't see any waypoints.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

All trains calling at the station terminate so I don't need to differentiate between platform options. The occasional is issue is when an express heads into a short platform at the north but that is rare because that only happens when the other 4 platforms are full which is very rare. I retained the through capabilities because I plan to shoehorn some freight through here at some point.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Ameecher wrote:And Stuttgart got a bit of a facelift for it's S-Bahn to coincide with new stock in the form of BR420s. The North station was moved north 3 squares to enable more growth of the CBD. This was possible as more trains were diverted to the South station which gained an extra platform, redevelopment of the area surrounding the station is taking longer but continues after the river was straightened to make more usable land. Compare to this shot.
Future plans involve making the line to the south of the South Bahnhof (central on the screenshot) into a loop of the S-bahn round to the freight yard in the East, but this is a bit of pipe dream at the moment.
Very beautiful screenshot :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Czech set this time.

1) The tiny hamlet of Martin is graced with some very large trains.
zdiar1.png
zdiar1.png (658.08 KiB) Viewed 671 times
2) The ore trains are about to join the mainline as the branch line train waits for the road
zdiar2.png
zdiar2.png (978.17 KiB) Viewed 671 times
3) Travelling downgrade after Sabinov. The junction by the station used to be a Y but reduction in traffic saw 1 side closed and the remaining side singled.
zdiar3.png
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

4) Arrival at the steel mill. Don't ask me about that random bit of road, I don't know.
Zdiar4.png
Zdiar4.png (631.79 KiB) Viewed 671 times
5) Krompachy & Bratislavia
zdiar5.png
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
6) And the same following the container revolution
Zdiar6.png
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Last few screenshots are awesome :!: :bow:
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Looks like I need to play a Czech game!
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Just be sure to load the db set to get some freight wagons.
Dave

Post by Dave »

These make me want to play the game properly again. Too much fiddling with scenarios and that.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Dave W wrote:These make me want to play the game properly again. Too much fiddling with scenarios and that.
Well go on then!
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Ameecher wrote:4) Arrival at the steel mill. Don't ask me about that random bit of road, I don't know.
Zdiar4.png
5) Krompachy & Bratislavia
zdiar5.png
6) And the same following the container revolution
Zdiar6.png
Looks just fine. I like it all :)) . With pleasure looked development of the station in the screenshots :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Quality stuff as usual. ;)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Sabinov is causing some major issues now. This how the area looks at the minute but there are just too many conflicting movements for it to run freely.
Zdiar Transport, 12th Jun 2010.png
(680.26 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
And this colour bodging of the picture shows the issue.
Red = Freight, long heavy and slow, big iron ore trains, long container trains and very long steel trains (12 tiles)
Blue = Passenger (express)
Green = Passenger (local)
Orange = 3 long wood trains
Purple = Freight, 2 wood trains and a container train, fairly nippy trains and 2 lumbering Iron Ore trains
problem.png
(3.22 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
As you can see there is a lot of different traffic mixing here and when one of the big trains has to come to a halt it takes ages to get back up to speed. Something needs to be done.

This a possible solution whereby freight is diverted to the north of the forest and then on an overpass over the existing junction at the south end of the 3 track line. Sabinov station would be rebuilt probably onto the freight only branch and a flyover installed to take stoppers over the top of the expresses and through trains. That way Vrable would get more stopping trains. Purple trains would have to now reverse at Vrable or nearby under these proposals but no big deal really. This could cause some issues with capacity at Vrable though. Needs more consideration. Anyone have any other ideas?
solution.png
(3.21 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

Fantastic shots, I always enjoy viewing.

I like solving these problems. :)

Maybe you could build a bypass south of the city for freight and express?
You have to place it behind the hill, but it should be possible.

EDIT:
Now I had the time to make a quick sketch.
I think this bypass will take much of the presure from the station, but maybe it's not a good idea to have both freight and express using the bypass. If a freight only bypass is made, there might be capacity on the station for the express line.
Attachments
Sabinov_Bypass.PNG
(789.22 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Interesting, perhaps I should put a bigger screenshot of the area to show that this idea might not work...
Zdiar Transport, 9th Feb 2012.png
(276.18 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Putting a bypass in where you show it would be too difficult, a new 4 track alignment between Sabinov and Vrable would be more effective I feel and easier to construct.

Edit:

Here's what I was thinking The dotted orange is a possible option if going via Vrable got too busy but would make the Wye junction north of Sabinov a mess and I'm not a fan of that for the sake of 3 trains.
solution 2.png
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

Oh! I didn't know that the hill was that big, and a rather big city+junction was located just left of the origial screenshot :)

I was just going to suggest most of what you have shown with your edit, putting the bypass between Vrable and Sabinov.

But why not keep the existing line for the orange and purple trains?
What you have shown will make the transport take longer, and the people of Vrable will get more noise from the new freight trains :)
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

The issue with keeping the current line would be that it would make the junctions very complicated for the sake of a couple of trains. I'll keep you in the loop with the construction phase screenshots, plans may change.

Return to “Screenshots”