Random Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Shieldheart
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Random Screenshots

Post by Shieldheart »

Thank you Pyoro, Kotssmurf, & Sunshare.

I use these NewGRFs:

- All Japan Set (except for the landscape. I should use other Town Replacement Set for Australia, but well, I really like the Japan & Shinkansen Set)
- FIRS Set
- Industrial Station Replacement Set
- American Road Replacement Set & it's bridge replacement Set
- World Airliner Aircraft Set
- FISH Ship Set
- And several other minor GRF sets for cosmetic purpose

It's actually 5% work in progress of an (over-ambitious) I-want-to-recreate-a-not-so-accurate-East-Coast-of-Australia Project.
But since I am too noob on both OpenTTD Editor & Geography (blame my junior high days), I -unconsciously- read the map upside down and put the landmarks on the very wrong side of Sydney *facepalm*

But in case somebody want to see the screwed up WIP (lel), here's the file:
Australia - East Coast (WIP).scn
(53.74 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Well, everything's upside-down in Australia, so I don't think it's a problem... ;)
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

I played some original Transport Tycoon today just for nostalgia, and man oh man does it make you appreciate what Ottd has to offer. It was still fun to reminisce, but I couldn't play much more than an hour or so.

Silly signaling. Couldn't work out how to get directional signals. I don't remember them existing?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (155.37 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
Now hes chasing him down the rest of the line. Luckily its not too long
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (155.6 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
I remember how excited I was when I finally figured out how to build road vehicles when I was young. Now making all these orders without the cloning tool sure slows things.
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (147 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Not being able to put signals on diagonals wasn't something I remembered either.
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (176.01 KiB) Viewed 6074 times
Classic farms! Forgot about these.
Capture4.PNG
Capture4.PNG (160.5 KiB) Viewed 6074 times
Bridges couldn't sprout out of the ground. Damn.
Capture5.PNG
Capture5.PNG (195.6 KiB) Viewed 6074 times
It was still super fun to play the original again. I remember playing the demo and trying to build as much as I possibly could before the two years was up. After getting a hold of the full copy I would go nuts with all the vehicles and ships that were excluded from the demo. Its fun to be nostalgic, but its also a reminder to be thankful for what Ottd has to offer us. Man I miss being a kid
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

A few years ago I went on a similar nostalgia trip when reviewing Transport Tycoon as a series for this Slovak website. Yep, no directional signals and no diagonal signals. Also no order to make a vehicle instantly turn around.

I still kind of prefer the landscape of TTO. Monorail bridge is also the tits.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Hi all!!
Been away for a while, busy busy, blah blah ;-)
But I decided to pick up the paintbrush sometimes again to make my personal games look a bit better and I wanted to share my pride and joy with you all: Schiphol airport, near Amsterdam The Netherlands.
(And before you ask, dont expect any public releases of the GRFs I used to make this. Too many combinations of altered GRFs were used, the coding and graphics are a mess and sometimes I used some drawings that dont have a public license yet)
SchipholAirport01.png
(3.22 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Dr. Mango
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. Mango »

Wonderful, I try to do my best with TTD airport objects!
Last edited by Dr. Mango on 10 Mar 2015 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

I was wondering why one of my oil refineries had dropped production, then realised my transfer ships couldn't load anymore, someone thought it would be funny to do this on the one coast tile I hadn't built on...
fishing harbour troll.png
fishing harbour troll.png (35.37 KiB) Viewed 5736 times
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Playing a quick 1.5.0 RC1 game with FIRS, Road Hog, and Iron Horse (and Squid but have yet to build a ship...). Have just done a bit of reworking of this station to increase capacity by adding a small lay-up siding for terminating mainline services. The Chinook in the siding has had to run light back and forth between the depots to the north and south as they have been rebuilt to make room for new construction. The single car slammer line to the northeast may get upgraded to 3rd rail and Westbourne stock soon, as I've found my three slammer/two carriage local trains on the mainline to be underwhelming...
Kolari West Yard.png
Kolari West Yard.png (778.61 KiB) Viewed 5612 times
Edit: Here is what it looked like previously with a single freight bypass and no yard. The local trains reversed in whichever platform they arrived in, which was going to be problematic as new express services (note the new 200 kmh track) require tight integration of timetables at the station. There is a slot for a train to depart Kolari Central every 10 days, with local trains leaving first, and expresses following 10 days later, passing them while they wait in the small station to the north. This leaves plenty of open slots (locals run as if on a single track) for freight and a new express service to be added.
Kolari Central.png
Kolari Central.png (754.65 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Inscius wrote:I know that it isn't exactly uncommon for worldgen to spawn towns on tiny islands out in the ocean, but for some reason, this particular one was oddly charming.
In one of my phone saves I had a town spawn just like this. Having nothing better to do with my insane dosh, I decided to turn it into the biggest city on the map by artificially landfilling the sea.

It was glorious.

Oh I still got the screengrab! Neat.
Attachments
Aptly named Tadchurch, now turned Tadchurch City
Aptly named Tadchurch, now turned Tadchurch City
Drury Transport, 7th Jul 1975.png (58.72 KiB) Viewed 5456 times

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
LicTor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LicTor »

very nice, looks like Venice :)
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I may have posted these before ...
Attachments
10_tile_junction.png
10_tile_junction.png (43.09 KiB) Viewed 5308 times
Seinälä Transport, 2374-02-24.png
Seinälä Transport, 2374-02-24.png (212.04 KiB) Viewed 5308 times
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

So, there I was, playing a game with Av8 when in 1928 this happened to me:
Calcutta.png
Calcutta.png (1.89 KiB) Viewed 5229 times
This got me thinking, "Gee, it's a shame that there are no seaplane airports available in 4 rotations, because I've got some sweet areas for seaplanes here." Several days later, this emerged (as a patch/fork of OGFX+ Airports):
Seaplane port anim.gif
Seaplane port anim.gif (36.4 KiB) Viewed 5229 times
Graciously borrowing some sprites from the amazing MariCo set*, I now had a suitable seaplane port for any orientation. I put it right to use, with Calcuttas flying from here...

Seaplanes 1.png
Seaplanes 1.png (127.52 KiB) Viewed 5229 times

* The license of which reads:
Permission to use, copy and distribute this software (consisting of the graphics and its implementation code) and its documentation for non-commercial purposes, without fee and without a signed licensing agreement, is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice, this paragraph and the following four paragraphs appear in all copies and distributions. Contact the above Copyright holder for commercial licensing opportunities.

IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE AND ITS DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

THE SOFTWARE AND ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION, IF ANY, PROVIDED HEREUNDER IS PROVIDED "AS IS". THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER HAS NO OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE MAINTENANCE, SUPPORT, UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, OR MODIFICATIONS.

ALL COMMERCIAL USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

ALL REDISTRIBUTION OF THIS SOFTWARE TO OTHER PARTIES FOR COMMERCIAL USE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

... to here.
Seaplanes 2.png
Seaplanes 2.png (468.9 KiB) Viewed 5229 times
I must add the caveat that I am relying on a patched version of OTTD to help prevent the MariCo object tiles from flooding the airport. There is a potential resolution for this issue purely via newgrf, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Here's a couple more random screenshots of this game:
Attachments
Northwest Cheese Transport 1.png
(650.61 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Northwest Cheese Transport 2.png
(581.46 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Gorgeous screenshots! You should contribute your patch back to OpenGFX+ Airports for inclusion, although you probably need to either donate some custom sprites or reuse what's available in the set. If you're interested, I've got permission from Skidd13 to redistribute Combined Airport sprites under GPLV2, if any of those would interest you. Color looks fine to me, by the way.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Very nice work!
I think it looks brilliant with the Marico graphics and they link up beautifully!

And good job with fixing the basetile of the hangar, I see it has water now under it.
Somehow I wasnt able to do that at the time.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

A part of the south german town Stuttgart:
Bad Cannstatt.png
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
That's part of my "Stuttgart Region"-Map (which is maybe 1% finished :D )
I use modified versions [no zone/time restrictions] of swedish houses and TTRS in combination with the SpringPatchPack, which allows me to place the buildings individually.

And the building of the main station (as it was before 2010...the narrow part on the right side and the small part at the top were demolished in preparation for the new mainstation.):
stuttgart_preview2.png
stuttgart_preview2.png (56.84 KiB) Viewed 5505 times

Return to “Screenshots”