[REL] EU Semi Trucks Pack - 002

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Tattoo
Director
Director

[REL] EU Semi Trucks Pack - 002

Post by Tattoo »

EU Semi Trucks converted for Locomotion from Euro Truck Sim & UK Truck sim.

There are 7 different trucks in this pack each fitted with it's own trailer and one done in company colors.

The trucks in this pack are;

DAF XF - Goods
Iveco Stralis - Food
MAN TGX - Cattle
Mercedes Actros - Grain
Renault Magnum - Food
Scania R - Goods
Scania R CC - Food/Goods
Volvo FH16 - Chemicals/Oil

Added v002
DAF XF - Chemicals/Oil
Iveco Stralis - Chemicals/Oil
MAN TGX - Chemicals/Oil

To install: Extract to objdata folder. There are 8 truck.dats and one sound.dat.
The SNDD8v92.dat is the exact same file used for the US Semi Trucks.
No unique sounds are made for these at this time.

Everything except for 2 trailers were converted from Euro Truck Sim & UK Truck Sim.
The Grain and Chemicals/Oil trailers were downloaded from TruckSimulator24.

Credit to Strongbow for his valued opinions, critique and info to make these look as good as they do.

Please let me know what ya think.

Tattoo

Attachments
EU_Semi_Trucks_002.rar
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 2002 times
Last edited by Tattoo on 06 Dec 2017 19:39, edited 11 times in total.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Tattoo
Director
Director

Re: [WIP-REL] EU Semi Trucks Pack

Post by Tattoo »

Here is another EU Semi Truck that I'm testing to see if these types of trucks will work in the game. It wasn't included in the EU pack because I'm not sure how they will work. I'm wanting some feedback from the users to know if they would want them or if there's too many problems with them.

These types of trucks, that show the cargo being hauled, need to drive in reverse to load the cargo. Because of these trucks having two parts, tractor-trailer, the trailer will not show the cargo sprites if driven forward into the station. This is a Locomotion limitation. I came up with a solution to this but it could be a mess in certain situations. These trucks need to use waypoints for the truck to be able to back into the station as shown in the Scania_Lowboy.png. The truck will drive to the waypoint near the station, then back into the station. The problem here is that if it gets stopped by anything, it will not go to the waypoint and drive forward into the station and then drive in reverse to the next station. And if the stations are near a city and the city grows and creates roads that connect to the trucks path, it can screw everything up.

So I need to know if you all would like to use these types of truck or if you think that there are too many problems with them. I only made an EU lowboy for now but want to make some as US trucks as well if you all feel that they would be worth doing. I'll let you all decide whether I do more or not. I've include the scenerio that the screenshot was taken from for you to try. It only has the one truck but also uses some of Plastikmans vehicles. It also needs the SNDD8v92.dat from either the EU or US trucks pack.

Please let me know either way if you would like to use them or if you found that there were too many problems with them. I'll decide from your feedback whether or not I do more of these.

Thanks

Here's an animated gif I made to show it in action.
Attachments
Scania_Lowboy.png
(188.32 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Scania_Lowboy.rar
(531.68 KiB) Downloaded 938 times
Last edited by Tattoo on 04 Dec 2011 21:42, edited 2 times in total.
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
Brantwan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [REL] EU Semi Trucks Pack

Post by Brantwan »

really nice job tattoo love eu lorries more than american trucks but wheres the ore catting trucks and steel haulers too lad?
I Am the Mustard King..... I like to bath in Mustard!!
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

Wait, all these trucks need to back into the station to load? All of them? Why not just make them two parts then so they can drive forward and load?
Brantwan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Brantwan »

because it looks more realistic when backed in and cooler
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

True, but it's going to be more complicated. Especially since my trucks have never backed up. They've simply flipped around and gone forward.
Brantwan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Brantwan »

well you could always make a station that goes right through one end and out the other
TheSpeedy09
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TheSpeedy09 »

Great work, Tattoo. :D They look really good.
Hope to see more like this. :wink:
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

Brantwan wrote:well you could always make a station that goes right through one end and out the other
True. I have done that before, but only with buses. Will it work for these?
rebirth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rebirth »

This looks fantastic!!!

Thanks for the great work Tattoo :bow:
IANF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IANF »

looks nice
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Thanks, I'm glad you all like them. :D
Brantwan wrote:but wheres the ore catting trucks and steel haulers too lad?
I didn't do any coal/iron ore/steel trailers because those would have to show the cargo like a dump or flatbed trailer. I can probably do a covered dump for coal/iron ore but don't know what to do for steel.

That is why I added the second post with the Scania Lowboy to see how you all like it. If they will work for you like that, I can do flatbeds and open dumps. Otherwise I'm limited in what I can do with them.
The Tram man wrote:Wait, all these trucks need to back into the station to load? All of them?
You obviously just look at the pictures and don't read what is typed. If you would have read what I typed about these you would know that only the Scania Lowboy drives in reverse.
Brantwan wrote:well you could always make a station that goes right through one end and out the other
Brantwan - I don't know what you mean by this. Could you please take some screen shots of what you're talking about and post them if this works for you? I'm looking for a better way to use these types of trucks if there is one. I'm hoping that there is a good way for these to work because I really want to do more flatbeds and open dumps but don't know how well they will work. Thanks...
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

Tattoo wrote:
The Tram man wrote:Wait, all these trucks need to back into the station to load? All of them?
You obviously just look at the pictures and don't read what is typed. If you would have read what I typed about these you would know that only the Scania Lowboy drives in reverse.
I did read the entire text, but if you look at the first sentance you'll see why im confused:
Tattoo wrote:These types of trucks need to drive in reverse to load the cargo.
That got me thinking that all of these trucks in the set, both truck and trailer combined, had to reverse.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

I understand but no, it's only the trucks where the cargo is seen. The boxed trailers don't show the cargo so those will work like the default vehicles.
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

Tattoo wrote:I understand but no, it's only the trucks where the cargo is seen. The boxed trailers don't show the cargo so those will work like the default vehicles.
Thank you for understanding.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

I edited the first sentence, that you pointed out, to make it clear that it's only the trailers that show the cargo being hauled drive in reverse. Sorry for the confusion.
Brantwan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Brantwan »

Brantwan - I don't know what you mean by this. Could you please take some screen shots of what you're talking about and post them if this works for you? I'm looking for a better way to use these types of trucks if there is one. I'm hoping that there is a good way for these to work because I really want to do more flatbeds and open dumps but don't know how well they will work. Thanks...
Sure thing tattoo heres the screenshot i was talking bout
P.S I'm not good with the quote things sorry
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Oh, that's what ya meant. Unfortunately, that wouldn't work with the Scania Lowboy. I thought you had a better idea. Thanks anyways.
Brantwan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Brantwan »

lol just give me some time with the low boy and ill find a way to avoid backing up :)
bikers_son
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bikers_son »

like others have said make i u turn in the road with the station in it so it wont need to back up thats what i do it saves time and looks A LOT better

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”