[REL] Tube Bridge

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Tattoo
Director
Director

[REL] Tube Bridge

Post by Tattoo »

Here is The 'Tube Bridge'. This is made for rails only.
There are Straight and Ramp pieces only. NO CURVES.

Max Speed = Unlimited
Max Height = 18
Basecost = 38
Heightcost = 12
Attachments
Tube Bridge.png
Tube Bridge.rar
(144.08 KiB) Downloaded 1683 times
Last edited by Tattoo on 07 Sep 2013 20:39, edited 14 times in total.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Tube Bridge

Post by maquinista »

It looks good.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
lego_trains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by lego_trains »

While it is very nice concept. I personally stick to realistic American items.

It might look good with maglev track.
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

It would go good with some futuristic train mod.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Build 2 of these bridges next to eachother. and it will look bad. (overlap)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Build 2 of these bridges next to eachother. and it will look bad. (overlap)
Yes, I think so too with the size it is, now that you mention it. I didn't think about that. Maybe I'll resize it some and see how it looks then. I haven't messed with it since I posted it. I'll mess with it later. Thanks for the input...

EDIT: I took and put one next to it to see how it looked and I don't think it looks bad. I also made another copy and took the train out of it and those 2 don't look bad, IMO. I can always shorten the width some and this isn't set in stone either so I can lighten or darken it and/or make the seethru squares larger. I'd also like to have the entrance and exit to the bridge angled somehow. I haven't messed with a bridge for a while and need to see what I can do with it. I'll play around with it when I wake up. I gotto crash. BTW, they are spaced and size proper now. I just didn't add legs or anything else.
Attachments
Tube Bridge2.png
Tube Bridge2.png (51.61 KiB) Viewed 15936 times
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

Looks neat.

Can you smooth out the rings, and have like a white support beam running under, so when going over water, it doesnt look like we have to learn how to gravitate dirt :P

Aside from that... Keep it going dude.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

it would look good with the frya
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

BlenderUser wrote:Looks neat.

Can you smooth out the rings, and have like a white support beam running under, so when going over water, it doesnt look like we have to learn how to gravitate dirt :P

Aside from that... Keep it going dude.
I don't know what ya mean by smooth out the rings. They're only 2 pixels wide, 3 in a couple spots so there isn't much I can do with em. I'm going to put the rings in company colors. And yes, I plan on adding supports to it. I just thru that together to get an idea of what it looks like. Thanks again for the input.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

i would make the clear part into a series of horizontal white bars, it would look more like a bridge
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

rdrdrdrd wrote:i would make the clear part into a series of horizontal white bars, it would look more like a bridge
If I did that, it would take away the look of this and that could be different bridge.

@BlenderUser
I took and rendered the pieces with Anti-Alias on to smooth out the rings some. Can ya tell the difference and is tjhat what ya meant?. The middle and bottom pair has it. I also added some supports. They're not set in stone. It's just an idea of how it might look. I'm gonna try others and see what I come up with. If ya got an idea ya think I should try, let me know..

The bottom pair I spread out the rings more to see what would look better. Which ones do ya'll like better? I could make em both. I'm not sure about ramps for this. I'm just not sure how they will look yet. Haven't gotten that far yet. I did take a screenshot of some brick ramps and added them to see. I know for sure I wouldn't be able to do curves for this. I believe I can get the switck track to look ok. I'll have to mess with it.

I just noticed that after I changed to indexed color, the colors changed on the pieces in places. I didn't figure for that yet...
Tube Bridge3.png
EDIT: I took out the train from the bridge to show. I also found that this could only be straight. The way a curve is setup, it would look like crap.
Attachments
Tube Bridge4.png
Last edited by Tattoo on 28 Mar 2010 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

If this is going to be a futuristic bridge, it might be worth doing ramps for it too.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

lawton27 wrote:If this is going to be a futuristic bridge, it might be worth doing ramps for it too.
I never said it was a futuristic bridge. Someone else did.
KSmitty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KSmitty »

Is it possible to code this as an underwater tunnel? It would make some of those watery maps a little more fun.
Kevin Smith
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Tunnels are underground not in water.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

If you remember an old game called "Stunts" (Race car driving I know, but hear me out)

When you entered a tunnel the side would curve upwards, what if the ramps were like that, and curve upwards.
Vemon3D
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vemon3D »

How dare are you copying my work? :shock: :evil: I'm working so hard on my tube bridge (Netkous) and you are one of few people who helped me and decided to just copy my ideas. I am not impressed and I'll check Forum Rules if there any rules for copying someone else mod work or project And I spent weeks and weeks on planning and working out but someone who helps me and decided to copy my work. Now, I felt that my mod project which I worked so hard on is going to waste.

I don't care if your tube is just a "concept" or "planning" but it's very similar to my Netkous and a big shame on you as that you're one of lengendary user here and here for long time and probably most respected user here and just copied someone else work. :?: :?: :!: :!: Is that your trait or not???? You better cancel that project because it's too similar to my project. By the way, it also too similar to TT-D tube bridge.

I don't care if you hate me or whatever, I gave all of my efforts on my Tube Bridge.
I remember Illegal_Alien told me not to make same mod which it's same or too similar to others, for example, I made Stockholm Vagn 2000 and Illegal Alien told me that someone already made it so I dropped out the project and focused working on my Tube Bridge .. and someone copied my ideas. Looks like I will drop out my Netkous project and find something different to work without someone copying my work. :(
BRISBANE
new world city

Bored? Lets play way different scenario!
Rugged and rough coastline - very mountainous - very very very limited flat lands - interesting map - French / English fictional scenario -
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 63#p869963
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

You are an idot, this bridge isnt even close to yours so, back off. That stockholdm thing, is exactly the same, this one isnt. Or do you want to stop us making bridges because you are working on a bridge?
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Vemon3D, nobody is copying your work. Continue with your own project and calm down.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

I reworked all of this becuz of indexed color. I also thickened the rings to get more detial in them. I still have to work on the legs again. Here's what I got so far. The ramps are only there for alignment purposes and show. I'm still undecided about them. Haven't gotten that far yet. Getting the tubes to look propper took a long time. That damed indexed color blows but I got it looking good now after a few hours of experimenting. Oh and the rings are not blue. They are in company colors.

EDIT: I put one together to see it in game and took a couple screenies to see it. I see I have to change some of the color in the bottom half of the ring. You can see where it didn't change.

Comments please.
Attachments
Tube Bridge5.png
Tube Bridge5.png (79.07 KiB) Viewed 15583 times
1.png
1.png (78.68 KiB) Viewed 15560 times
2.png
2.png (79.64 KiB) Viewed 15560 times
Last edited by Tattoo on 31 Mar 2010 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”