[REL] FYRA v250 - Updated .003

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Tattoo
Director
Director

[REL] FYRA v250 - Updated .003

Post by Tattoo »

Fyra V250

In Service: 2009
Obsolete: never
Passengers: 500
Mail: 100
Max Speed: 250 km/h - 155 mph
Weight: 423 t
Power: 5,500 kW - 7,370 hp

Franchise(s): International joint operation
Service began in 2009

Main station(s): Amsterdam Centraal,
Schiphol Airport,
Rotterdam Centraal,
Antwerpen-Centraal,
Brussels-South

Fleet size: 19 V250 sets
Stations called at: 6
Parent company: NS Hispeed and NMBS
Web site: http://www.fyra.com

Fyra is a high-speed train service operating on the Dutch HSL-Zuid and planned for the Belgian HSL 4, between Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport, Rotterdam, Breda, Antwerp, and Brussels. Fyra will share the high-speed tracks with existing operator Thalys. The service is offered by NS Hispeed and the NMBS/SNCB. The name Fyra represents pride, and is derived from the French fier, meaning proud. Fyra is also the Swedish word for four, and is said to represent the four important cities which the new trains will serve - Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Antwerp and Brussels.

Operations

The majority of NS Hispeed services will start at Amsterdam Centraal station. These will include two trains per hour to Rotterdam, two trains per hour to Breda and one train per hour to Antwerp and Brussels. All trains from Amsterdam will stop at both Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam. Services outside the Netherlands will be operated in conjunction with NMBS, Belgium's national railway operator. To compensate for the loss of direct service between The Hague and Brussels, and to connect Breda to destinations south of the border, it was envisioned by Dutch politicians that several Fyra trains per day would run from The Hague via Breda to Brussels. It is uncertain whether this service will go forward, as NMBS do not see it as being profitable.

An hourly high-speed service between Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam was introduced in September 2009.

Rolling stock

NS Hispeed has ordered 16 V250 trains from AnsaldoBreda, with NMBS ordering a further three sets. They will be used on the Dutch domestic services and the NS Hispeed services to Brussels.[1] These sets will be eight carriages long and have a top speed of 250 km/h, and are expected to enter services in the second half of 2010.

This is my first attempt at modelling for Locomotion. I hope ya'll like it.

For testing, I ran it around a map a bunch of times and up and down hills and tight curves. I'm unable to create every scenerio that may go wrong. If anyone finds a problem with it, please let me know and I'll do what I can to make it right. Thank You

John Schultz
AKA Tattoo
FYRAv250.003.png
FYRAv250.003.png (47.74 KiB) Viewed 12886 times
FYRAv250.003.rar
(463.1 KiB) Downloaded 1016 times
Last edited by Tattoo on 21 May 2012 23:12, edited 10 times in total.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
DingeZ
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [REL] FYRA v250

Post by DingeZ »

Nice work. And as far as I know all the information is correct, you did some great investigation. :))
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Only the in service part is not correct, they are still not beeing used, i guess that will be 2011 :P
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Hrmm..

the 200 bags of mail per train is a bit of a cheat IMO. thats the same as 5 of the default highspeed mail cars of the same era.

this train is more profitable as a mail express then a passenger express.. I would drop it down to 10 per car or something.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Only the in service part is not correct, they are still not beeing used, i guess that will be 2011 :P
This info is from the Wiki. Copy and paste.
Plastikman wrote:Hrmm..

the 200 bags of mail per train is a bit of a cheat IMO. thats the same as 5 of the default highspeed mail cars of the same era.

this train is more profitable as a mail express then a passenger express.. I would drop it down to 10 per car or something.
Damn it! It's suppose to be 100 bags total. Oops, I know what I did wrong. I forgot to cut it in half for each end. Thanks. What, so you think it should be like 80? I wasn't sure on that and should have asked ya. I thought 100 would be good since it hed 500 passengers. That's another thing, that's as much as I can get. It's suppose to be 546 pass. I had 273 for each and in game it showed up as 17 pass. Thanks.
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

For the mail. since it is not a "mail" carrying train. anything is "bonus" but according to Chris. a bag of mail is the size of an elephant

As i said. 10 or 15.. 20 tops.. seems appropriate to me. that would be the "luggage" the train carries in my opinion.

I like trains that that don't off-balance the default stock when you use them.

the game is already to easy, but to make 100k a run for mail across 1/2 the map on a passenger train is a bit off balancing. I don't think i put mail on any of my TGVs? just the Turbo because it had a mail section.

I have not looked at it in detail yet but it looks like you made full length cars instead of "nerfed" Lomo scale?
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Plastikman wrote:For the mail. since it is not a "mail" carrying train. anything is "bonus" but according to Chris. a bag of mail is the size of an elephant

As i said. 10 or 15.. 20 tops.. seems appropriate to me. that would be the "luggage" the train carries in my opinion.

I like trains that that don't off-balance the default stock when you use them.

the game is already to easy, but to make 100k a run for mail across 1/2 the map on a passenger train is a bit off balancing. I don't think i put mail on any of my TGVs? just the Turbo because it had a mail section.

I have not looked at it in detail yet but it looks like you made full length cars instead of "nerfed" Lomo scale?
So you think I should go with 20 bags for the whole thing? 10 per side? I didn't know about the elephant thing. Sounds fine. As far as the length, I don't know how you think they're full size, I shortened them 80%.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

i exaggerate a little bit. but if a 73 or 80 foot baggage car holds 40 bags of mail they must be HUGE bags?

I meant per half. sorry for the confusion
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Oh ok, thanks. So I'm going to put it at 20 bags per side. Think that'll work? Man. I thought it should be more but wasn't for sure because of it being an EMU, I don't know of another that I could have looked at for reference. Thanks man..
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

that would be equivilant of about 1 full car of mail then.

Nice first train BTW.

the render seems a bit off on the lighting but maybe it is just me. You might have missed in our pm thread that i had asked for one car to see if i can tweek it a tad.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Plastikman wrote:that would be equivilant of about 1 full car of mail then.

Nice first train BTW.

the render seems a bit off on the lighting but maybe it is just me. You might have missed in our pm thread that i had asked for one car to see if i can tweek it a tad.
Thanks but I sent you the whole thing. This is the name of the file I sent ya, Fyra-212-Render-Resize.rar.

EDIT: I just noticed that this doesn't have a horn for when it crosses roads. Doh, I forgot all about it. I'll add that when I change the mail amount and post an update. Now I gotta find a horn sound. Does anyone know what this thing sounds like?
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I forgot to mention the price.. it cost the same as just the TGV power car. you might want to add the cost of 3 cars to the price per half.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Plastikman wrote:I forgot to mention the price.. it cost the same as just the TGV power car. you might want to add the cost of 3 cars to the price per half.
So do you think I should multiply it by 4? That's another thing I should have asked about. Thanks for your help. I was just gonna post an update too. I just used the horn from the Lomo Electric-Star. If anyone thinks I should use something else, let me know so I don't have to change it again.

EDIT: Right now I have the Running Cost at 200 and the Running Cost Factor at 20. I think I looked at Thalys and used the same.

EDIT: I changed it from 200 to 400 and corrected the mail amount and added a horn sound. File added to forst post in thread.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Re: [REL] FYRA v250 - Updated .002

Post by Tattoo »

I did some checking in these forums about rendering sprites to make them look better and I found a very good tip from 'Strongbow" way back in 06. I did what he said here in this thread, http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=424983#p424983. I don't have the scripts he and others use but just doing this is a lot better.

I thought about resizing them but kept getting the alpha-edge and didn't think about layering them like Strongbow says. I think this looks a LOT better now. The jagged edges are gone. Thanks Strongbow. I think tips like that should be stickied somewhere for new users. Here's a shot of the old and new one side by side.
Fyra New & Old.png
Fyra New & Old.png (40.83 KiB) Viewed 12886 times
The new version is in the first post of this thread. I hope ya'll like it..
Last edited by Tattoo on 30 Mar 2010 14:45, edited 3 times in total.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [REL] FYRA v250 - Updated .003

Post by noofnoof »

they look a lot better, they got my download this time around.

and nice touch with the RAR
Attachments
HowDidYouIDontEven.jpg
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

EDIT: Removed non important old info.
Last edited by Tattoo on 28 Mar 2010 12:10, edited 6 times in total.
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

But there are so many secrets floating around we must be secretive. We even know where the mob buried their bodies over the years and who is Dennis rodmans favourite dresser maker is located.
Gerrie de B.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gerrie de B. »

A pity they never made it to real life action..., except the couple of times they drove and broke down! But thanks for the amazing train!
AxelP14
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AxelP14 »

Thanks also for the almighty bump

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”