[Developing] Spanish trains for Locomotion (Millennial Spanish Train Set)

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

[Developing] Spanish trains for Locomotion (Millennial Spanish Train Set)

Post by maquinista »

UPDATE (25-06-2022): This is the latest version:

Code: Select all

ed2k://|file|ES_Spanish%20trains%20for%20locomotion_(DAT+sources)_CC%20BY-SA%20and%20GPL_v0,3a%20(trenes,Espa%C3%B1a,ferrocarril,railway,Chris%20Sawyer,renfe,adif).rar|179136802|4B14821DD24F0B76F8395C2FF89F3A93|h=L5JQPCGUORIVIWUUDURZGAKTET2H3VZ7|/
You can find more information here:
viewtopic.php?p=1253944#p1253944

OLD Content:
[+] Spoiler

Code: Select all

ed2k://|file|ES_Spanish%20trains%20for%20locomotion_CC%20BY-SA%20and%20GPL_v0,3a%20(trenes,Espa%C3%B1a,ferrocarril,railway,Chris%20Sawyer,renfe,adif).rar|32520897|1F09EABCE8B095E87641008ECE5634B0|p=D6C57455B01870D8568ED411CB0106B7:C0AF5A8ECB6A4A9E234AEC8EC764F434:89D3AC3E40C36605DE90213CC2087EED:CDCA0826E60AB78DD4916B3EADE5B1B6|h=U2TAKQCGWM7DJ6A47KZDCEZ4Y4DWW4VP|/
It's a ED2K link for eMule or other ED2K apps.

If you are really interested on it, I can share a copy in a direct download site, but I prefer to leave it on eMule and let it be shared by people, it's easier for me.

Most of the trains have been updated with a more uniform light setup, I have added more liveries and a few new trains such 446 and 447 EMUs.

Note: if you don't find sources, I have updated the link, so add the latest one and remove the old one.
Original post:
------------------

Recently I have modelled a old Spanish locomotive, the 260 class locomotive used by Renfe (previously named 6000). This locomotive is a bit slow, but It can be useful. I have made the 3D model for 32 bpp Transport Tycoon extra zoom levels, but it can be useful for Locomotion. I want release it under a GPL and CC BY-SA license with their .BLEND model.

Also, I want to model a 440 class EMU (It's a typical train in Spain), for the future under the same license.

Note that these sets would be developed slowly, because I'm occupied with the Spain set for TTDPatch/OpenTTD.

The only problem is that Vehicle Creator doesn't work well, and It doesn't have help files. I have used 136 sprites in PNG-8 format with boogies (image000.png ~ image135.png). It is better use different sprites for boogies? There is available a GIMP palette for locomotion? I have modified a palette for other application. It seems to work well. If You want, I can upload it.
Attachments
Preview of 260 class locomotive. The big locomotive is the Blender model. I have modified it in order to get better renders in some smooth borders, I have pasted a 32 bpp sprite over the blue square with the 8 bpp sprite.
Preview of 260 class locomotive. The big locomotive is the Blender model. I have modified it in order to get better renders in some smooth borders, I have pasted a 32 bpp sprite over the blue square with the 8 bpp sprite.
R260 ex6000.png (38.06 KiB) Viewed 21818 times
Preview of 440 class EMU in original colors.
Preview of 440 class EMU in original colors.
440 Locomotion preview.png (48.67 KiB) Viewed 21819 times
Last edited by maquinista on 07 Jul 2022 23:52, edited 24 times in total.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Developing] Some Spanish trains

Post by maquinista »

This is the file that I have tried to code with Vehicle Creator 0.7 alpha. When I try code it, the program "works" for two seconds, but... It doesn't write a DAT file, and It doesn't give error messages.

Note that I have rendered only the first sprite, but I have copied this file. This was because I prefer first know if I can code vehicles for Lcomotion, and later render the dozens of sprites needed for each vehicle.

Also, I have tried code the XML file with the sprites folder, but It doesn't work.

Note: You can download the latest version here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 5#p1005285
Attachments
260-ex6000.rar
This file is outdated.
(25.2 KiB) Downloaded 546 times
Last edited by maquinista on 09 Apr 2012 03:43, edited 4 times in total.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
kingmush360
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by kingmush360 »

There is a good spanish download station in this URL
http://www.trensim.com/lib/pafiledb.php?lib=locomotion
It has everything from small steamers to large diesel-electrics

Give it a shot, I have seen no-one around here mention it yet.

Have fun downloading (Spanish site though, still, makes a change from the German fanpage, now all we need is a French one!)
Hi, I'm Steve. I can't change my username so imagine it says Steve Emfore.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have fixed the problem... It was very stupid, I missed the sprite 150. Now, I have coded a draft file. Now I need render the others sprites, It will take some time.
kingmush360 wrote:There is a good spanish download station in this URL
http://www.trensim.com/lib/pafiledb.php?lib=locomotion
It has everything from small steamers to large diesel-electrics

Give it a shot, I have seen no-one around here mention it yet.

Have fun downloading (Spanish site though, still, makes a change from the German fanpage, now all we need is a French one!)
Thanks, there are great trains there.
Attachments
Coded train. Now I must move it up 42 px and render the other needed sprites.
Coded train. Now I must move it up 42 px and render the other needed sprites.
coded_train.png (40.45 KiB) Viewed 21531 times
Screenshot uptdated.
Screenshot uptdated.
260.png (17.44 KiB) Viewed 21463 times
Last edited by maquinista on 29 Aug 2009 02:34, edited 1 time in total.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have coded the fist release. They are coded all main sprites (0-135). Is needed the wheels sprites (48 sprites more) and fix the length of the locomotive. It's a bit difficult code these things, because there aren't too many examples. Thanks to a friend that helped me to render some sprites.

The screenshot is in the previous post.

Note: DAT file was removed, You can download the latest version here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=814517#p814517
Attachments
260RENFE_sourcecode.rar
Sourcecode.
(143.08 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
palettes and script for Locomotion.rar
Locomotion palette for GIMP and reduced version, and script that converts the PNG files from Blender in indexed format.
(3.54 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
Last edited by maquinista on 03 Sep 2009 14:46, edited 2 times in total.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

you have a great model so far, but the conversion could use some work, ask plastikman or strongbow for some tips, they seem to be some of the best converters :D
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

rdrdrdrd wrote:you have a great model so far, but the conversion could use some work, ask plastikman or strongbow for some tips, they seem to be some of the best converters :D
I will ask them, but I don't know if They work with Blender models.
I'm using the OpenTTD 32 bpp template (based on Blender). Maybe, with only a few changes it could render all sprites in one click.

About the electric locomotive, It's almost finished, I have added the boogies (It's a Co'Co' locomotive).

It only needs a correct values for running cost and purchase cost. This is very important, because I don't want a cheat vehicle or a very expensive vehicle. This locomotive was used in Mountain pass routes.

Also, It is too long, I need change It's length. About the obsolete year, I don't want set it , because I like play with old and new trains.

Note: DAT file was removed, You can download the latest version here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=814517#p814517
Attachments
260RENFE_sourcecode.rar
Sourcecode. Under Creative commons BY-SA license.
(134.25 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
260_ex6000.png (57.92 KiB) Viewed 21362 times
Last edited by maquinista on 01 Sep 2009 18:45, edited 2 times in total.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

those look great :D , I think the length is good
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have removed the gap between locomotives. Also, I think that this version could be the definitive, maybe I can release a file with a better readme or add some translations.
Attachments
Do You Like to Drive?
Do You Like to Drive?
260 ex6000.png (24.73 KiB) Viewed 21229 times
260RENFE.zip
Dat file.
(130.81 KiB) Downloaded 519 times
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

nice one!

good to hear there are other modelers around among us :) i´ve tried blender. but for me the rendering is way to slow. plus i can´t use photoshop-layered TIFFs/PSDs. on the other side it is a very very lowcost-product (the only cost-factor is time)
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
Martin1990
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Martin1990 »

Seelenquell wrote:nice one!

good to hear there are other modelers around among us :) i´ve tried blender. but for me the rendering is way to slow. plus i can´t use photoshop-layered TIFFs/PSDs. on the other side it is a very very lowcost-product (the only cost-factor is time)
and electricity hehe
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have finished the first 440 EMU. I will add more EMUs with other liveries. This file is under the license CC BY-SA.

Thanks for your help. :D
Attachments
Screenshot 1.
Screenshot 1.
440EMUa.png (9.91 KiB) Viewed 20345 times
Screenshot 2, in narrow curves.
Screenshot 2, in narrow curves.
440EMUb.png (24.66 KiB) Viewed 20345 times
440.zip
DAT file for 440EMU.
(812.78 KiB) Downloaded 471 times
Last edited by maquinista on 16 Feb 2010 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Thos ecorners, are alway bad, but i think they could be a bit shorter.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Thanks. This train doesn't need to look good in 2x2 curves, because It can't reach 140 kmh. In 3x3 curves It looks better.
Also, It is one of the trains with longest wagons (27m) in Spain. The other trains have shorter wagons, and I will scale them a bit more than the 440. I hope that they will look better.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have changed my idea. It's better render them a bit shorter (0.9). Thanks for your suggestion.

Note that these files needs some changes in prices, running costs and the introduction years. I will change these details when I had all (11) liveries rendered.
Attachments
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
trains_440.png (11.8 KiB) Viewed 20205 times
440.zip
File with 3 liveries.
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 468 times
FGV
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FGV »

maquinista wrote:I have finished the first 440 EMU. I will add more EMUs with other liveries. This file is under the license CC BY-SA.

Y digo yo, no es mas fácil que te bases en los trenes que hay disponibles en trensim.com? (en cuanto al tamaño del mismo me refiero) Lo digo mas que nada por el tema de que va a haber trenes españoles de distintos tamaños, así, los unificamos todos y listos, por cierto. La 440 es bienvenida!
-------------
And I say, isn´t easier if you base on trensim.com trains? (in size proportions I mean) It´s just because we are gonna have spanish trains from different sizes, if you do it like this, we´ll just unify them and problem solved, anyways... The 440 is very welcome!

Regards from Spain :wink:
Please use the search option!! ;-)
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

FGV wrote:
maquinista wrote:I have finished the first 440 EMU. I will add more EMUs with other liveries. This file is under the license CC BY-SA.

Y digo yo, no es mas fácil que te bases en los trenes que hay disponibles en trensim.com? (en cuanto al tamaño del mismo me refiero) Lo digo mas que nada por el tema de que va a haber trenes españoles de distintos tamaños, así, los unificamos todos y listos, por cierto. La 440 es bienvenida!
-------------
And I say, isn´t easier if you base on trensim.com trains? (in size proportions I mean) It´s just because we are gonna have spanish trains from different sizes, if you do it like this, we´ll just unify them and problem solved, anyways... The 440 is very welcome!

Regards from Spain :wink:
Thanks for your suggestion. These trains are great, but They have their own authors, and I can't release them without their permision (I want release these trains under CC BY-SA license and share them in eMule and direct download servers). Also, I'm only using the 3D models that I have made for OpenTTD extra zoom levels.

I have finished all non refurbished 440 trains, also, I have fixed the capacity. Now, I need adjust the prices, because these trains are too cheap for the moment. The five refurbished trains (440R) will be added in the next days.
Attachments
440.zip
File with all 440 trains.
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 538 times
Screenshot. From left to right: R1, commuter, Pantonne (post 2005), R2, yellow-blue (Original, pre 1990) and delta.
Screenshot. From left to right: R1, commuter, Pantonne (post 2005), R2, yellow-blue (Original, pre 1990) and delta.
440_trains_original.PNG (21.95 KiB) Viewed 20129 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This file contains the refurbished class 440 trains.
Attachments
440R.zip
Refurbished class 440 EMUs.
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 542 times
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
440R_screenshot.PNG (14.88 KiB) Viewed 20044 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have finished the first class 594 DMU with modified front. It's a train like the IC3 trains. I will start with the other two trains with the original rubber front.

EDIT: the DAT file is in the next message.
Attachments
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
modified_TRD.png (16.81 KiB) Viewed 19957 times
Last edited by maquinista on 25 Feb 2010 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have coded the three variations of this DMU.
Attachments
594.zip
594 DMUs. They can tilt on curves.
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 534 times
Screenshot.
Screenshot.
594_TRD.png (7.05 KiB) Viewed 19874 times

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”