[Release] MHQ TGV-Duplex 2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

[Release] MHQ TGV-Duplex 2.0

Post by Plastikman »

Update:
This has been upgraded to Ver 2.0

I was sort of wondering why all of the TGV Duplexes for LoMo where white and blue while the real ones were silver and blue. I decided to fix that,
It also bothered me that it sat funny on the tracks. I decided a little update was in order...

New Paint Job
New Graphics,
New Code,
New Pantograph's
New Bogie's
New Position on the tracks
New kitchen sink..

Maybe not the last one, this is an all new train.. get it at the same place as before.

OLD:
I thought I would be nice for our Friends on the Locomotion fanpage again. The Fanpage logo is a TVG-Duplex and since there was not a functioning TGV Duplex out yet... (poke at IA) ... I decided to go ahead and make one for them. With a little collaboration with Illegal Alien and a lot of time, we came up up with a pretty decent TGV.

MHQ, Working Bogie's, New sounds.... it is pretty deluxe (sorry, no whipped cream....)

Download Here on Locomotion Fanpage

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plastikman's MHQ TGV-Duplex
By Plastikman

2 Versions:
1 Full length with the correct 2 powercars and 8 trailers.
(Power car, 3 first class, Bar, 4 Second Class, Power car)

1 Shortend to fit into a locomotion stations with 2 power cars and 6 trailers.
( (Power car, 1 first class, Bar, 3 Second Class, Power car)

Includes New sounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The TGV Duplex is a French high-speed train of the TGV family, operated by SNCF, the French national railway company. It is unique among TGV trains in that it features bi-level carriages. The Duplex inaugurated the third generation of TGV trainsets, and was specially designed to increase capacity on high-speed lines with saturated traffic. With two seating levels and a seating capacity of 545 passengers, the Duplex maximizes the number of passengers carried in one trainset. While the TGV Duplex started as a small component of the TGV fleet, it has become one of the system's main workhorses.

Der TGV (franz. [te?e've], train à grande vitesse, dt. „Hochgeschwindigkeitszug“, wörtlich: Zug mit großer Geschwindigkeit) ist eine französische Hochgeschwindigkeitszugsgattung. Die TGV-Züge sowie deren Geschwisterzüge Thalys und Eurostar verkehren außer in Frankreich auch in Belgien, Deutschland, Großbritannien, in den Niederlanden, Italien, Luxemburg und in der Schweiz.

Am 13. Februar 2007 wurde der alte Geschwindigkeitsrekord von 515,3 km/h vom 18. Mai 1990 inoffiziell auf 554,3 km/h und am 3. April 2007 offiziell auf 574,8 km/h erhöht. Die Höchstgeschwindigkeit im Regelbetrieb beträgt 320 km/h. Diese hohen Geschwindigkeiten können nur auf eigens dafür errichteten Schnellfahrstrecken erreicht werden. Die Gesamtlänge dieser lignes à grande vitesse (LGV) beträgt rund 1540 km. Die erste wurde 1981 zwischen Paris und Lyon eröffnet. In den ersten fünf Betriebsjahren beförderte der TGV insgesamt 60 Millionen Passagiere zwischen 37 Städten, bei einem durchschnittlichen Marktanteil auf dem von ihm bedienten Strecken von 57 %. Bis 31. Dezember 1986 hatten 107 Triebzüge 112 Millionen km zurückgelegt, bei einer Laufleistung von ca. 2500 km pro Tag

Die verschiedenen TGV-Zugmodelle wurden von GEC-Alsthom (heute Alstom) entwickelt; dieses Unternehmen stellt noch heute die meisten dieser Züge her. Mit Ausnahme einiger Postzüge zwischen Paris, Lyon und Marseille ist TGV ausschließlich ein Angebot für Passagiere. Auf dem TGV basierende Züge verkehren in Südkorea (KTX) und Spanien (AVE). Zwischen den angebundenen Städten haben die Reisen per TGV aufgrund der Zeitersparnis die Flugreisen weitgehend verdrängt.

Die TGV-Flotte umfasst 465 Garnituren (Stand: April 2007). Bis dato wurden etwa 30 Milliarden Euro in das TGV-System investiert (Stand: September 2006).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments
Old Version
Old Version
TGV-Duplex.png (25.59 KiB) Viewed 23036 times
tgv-power.png
tgv-power.png (2.24 KiB) Viewed 23010 times
****Version 2.0.****
****Version 2.0.****
TGV-Duplex.png (37.56 KiB) Viewed 20090 times
Last edited by Plastikman on 01 Aug 2008 08:41, edited 4 times in total.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Re: [Release] MHQ TGV-Duplex

Post by LocoMH »

Great design :)
THAT'S real MHQ!
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I do have some neanderthaler version somewhere. :P Well, i will make my own version too, so TGV Duplex fans will be spoiled by goodies.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Illegal_Alien wrote:I do have some neanderthaler version somewhere. :P Well, i will make my own version too, so TGV Duplex fans will be spoiled by goodies.
A what? I don't know it. go for it!
I did consider the TGV Nouvelle Génération paint job on the Duplex. The dark blue might be tricky in Lomo though. ~curses the palette~
It will probably end up looking a lot like My accela in color. a bit light.

I might still end up making an umbrella one... lol

If i make anymore TGV's / HS trains it will only be the Amtrak ICE 1 and Amtrak X2000. Maybe a JR East Fastech...... :idea:
unless IA and I team up on the "Ultimate HS Pack"
Last edited by Plastikman on 18 Dec 2007 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

A team up for one of the most wanted packs? You have a deal :P. (P.s. The P01 Tilting prototype got almost the same livery ;))
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Post by LocoMH »

I'd love to join as a coder...? If you don't want me...well...I'm fine here in Minnesota :P
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I will code. 2 persons are enough :) Its just Plastikman and me and no-one else. (One of my reasons to say no are the things going on on Locomotionfanpage)
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Post by LocoMH »

That was basically the reason why I wanted to join! Showing side and such you know?
NEcorridor
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NEcorridor »

in this hs pack will there be the jet train thats like a diesel acela
ALAMEDA CORRIDOR Map (WIP)

It's been revived
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

NEcorridor wrote:in this hs pack will there be the jet train thats like a diesel acela
Not the MSTS one. I have been using that MSTS for year and I love it. I'll have to make an all new one for Lomo.

PS. This is not a battle of the boards... ~sigh~
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

If i am back home we will talk Plastikman ;)
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

from the pictures i saw i like yours better. i didn´t have the time to test it yet.

ironically months before today everybody said, we don´t need two releases of one model. now we have three and everybody seems to be ok with it. ok not everybody... *smile*

i understand you IA, it is the same position i have. only ATM i work as a one-man-team ;)
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Post by LocoMH »

PS. This is not a battle of the boards... ~sigh~
In fact...you are right...just wanted to do something useful for Loco =) But never mind ;)
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Release] MHQ TGV-Duplex 2.0

Post by Plastikman »

~bump~

A little bumpage as This has been rebuilt from the ground up as ver 2.0.

see the first post.

You can get this and a few other TGV's I posted a few days ago on the FanPage.
locomo-dk1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by locomo-dk1 »

Plastikman wrote:~bump~

A little bumpage as This has been rebuilt from the ground up as ver 2.0.

see the first post.

You can get this and a few other TGV's I posted a few days ago on the FanPage.

Hi,

Great train! Is that a special signal of some sort that in the picture. It is sort of hanging over the tracks. Is that also available for download?
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

Plastikman wrote:Update:
This has been upgraded to Ver 2.0

I was sort of wondering why all of the TGV Duplexes for LoMo where white and blue while the real ones were silver and blue. I decided to fix that,
It also bothered me that it sat funny on the tracks. I decided a little update was in order...

New Paint Job
New Graphics,
New Code,
New Pantograph's
New Bogie's
New Position on the tracks
New kitchen sink..

Maybe not the last one, this is an all new train.. get it at the same place as before.

OLD:
I thought I would be nice for our Friends on the Locomotion fanpage again. The Fanpage logo is a TVG-Duplex and since there was not a functioning TGV Duplex out yet... (poke at IA) ... I decided to go ahead and make one for them. With a little collaboration with Illegal Alien and a lot of time, we came up up with a pretty decent TGV.

MHQ, Working Bogie's, New sounds.... it is pretty deluxe (sorry, no whipped cream....)

Download Here on Locomotion Fanpage

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plastikman's MHQ TGV-Duplex
By Plastikman

2 Versions:
1 Full length with the correct 2 powercars and 8 trailers.
(Power car, 3 first class, Bar, 4 Second Class, Power car)

1 Shortend to fit into a locomotion stations with 2 power cars and 6 trailers.
( (Power car, 1 first class, Bar, 3 Second Class, Power car)

Includes New sounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The TGV Duplex is a French high-speed train of the TGV family, operated by SNCF, the French national railway company. It is unique among TGV trains in that it features bi-level carriages. The Duplex inaugurated the third generation of TGV trainsets, and was specially designed to increase capacity on high-speed lines with saturated traffic. With two seating levels and a seating capacity of 545 passengers, the Duplex maximizes the number of passengers carried in one trainset. While the TGV Duplex started as a small component of the TGV fleet, it has become one of the system's main workhorses.

Der TGV (franz. [te?e've], train à grande vitesse, dt. „Hochgeschwindigkeitszug“, wörtlich: Zug mit großer Geschwindigkeit) ist eine französische Hochgeschwindigkeitszugsgattung. Die TGV-Züge sowie deren Geschwisterzüge Thalys und Eurostar verkehren außer in Frankreich auch in Belgien, Deutschland, Großbritannien, in den Niederlanden, Italien, Luxemburg und in der Schweiz.

Am 13. Februar 2007 wurde der alte Geschwindigkeitsrekord von 515,3 km/h vom 18. Mai 1990 inoffiziell auf 554,3 km/h und am 3. April 2007 offiziell auf 574,8 km/h erhöht. Die Höchstgeschwindigkeit im Regelbetrieb beträgt 320 km/h. Diese hohen Geschwindigkeiten können nur auf eigens dafür errichteten Schnellfahrstrecken erreicht werden. Die Gesamtlänge dieser lignes à grande vitesse (LGV) beträgt rund 1540 km. Die erste wurde 1981 zwischen Paris und Lyon eröffnet. In den ersten fünf Betriebsjahren beförderte der TGV insgesamt 60 Millionen Passagiere zwischen 37 Städten, bei einem durchschnittlichen Marktanteil auf dem von ihm bedienten Strecken von 57 %. Bis 31. Dezember 1986 hatten 107 Triebzüge 112 Millionen km zurückgelegt, bei einer Laufleistung von ca. 2500 km pro Tag

Die verschiedenen TGV-Zugmodelle wurden von GEC-Alsthom (heute Alstom) entwickelt; dieses Unternehmen stellt noch heute die meisten dieser Züge her. Mit Ausnahme einiger Postzüge zwischen Paris, Lyon und Marseille ist TGV ausschließlich ein Angebot für Passagiere. Auf dem TGV basierende Züge verkehren in Südkorea (KTX) und Spanien (AVE). Zwischen den angebundenen Städten haben die Reisen per TGV aufgrund der Zeitersparnis die Flugreisen weitgehend verdrängt.

Die TGV-Flotte umfasst 465 Garnituren (Stand: April 2007). Bis dato wurden etwa 30 Milliarden Euro in das TGV-System investiert (Stand: September 2006).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi. Just asking: on your bottom picture: where did you get the ICE train? I meen it looks really good. Actually it looks so good i want to use it.

Edit: I found a bug: There is something white that looks like a square flashing under the power cars. Im sorry to have to say that to you hwo worked so hard with it but... You sade: report any glitches or bugs.

Edit again: The bug is gone now. It disapeard the second time i used it.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Plastikman wrote: [blabla]
(poke at IA)
[/blabla]
*pokes back*

You know whats going on so dont poke me :P
francis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by francis »

I have a problem with wrapper in the new versions of TGV La Poste, Duplex and Thalys - btw, excelent creations and sounds. It shows a message saying that those are not .dat files. During the game they breakedown and reliability is decreasing. Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance

francis
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

You will will get the warnings only with the coaches which have no reliability. the coaches were made outside the "normal" realm of modding.

the locomotives can be "wrapper'd" normally and all wrapper features will work.
francis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by francis »

Excuse me for asking, but my .dat files are a mess. Can you tell me, please, what are the .dat files names of power engines for Duplex, La Poste and Thalys in these new versions?

Thank you in advance

best regards

Francis

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”