[REL] Mega french pack

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [REL] Mega french pack

Post by Plastikman »

because it is illegal period.

he is a board moderator, his job is to make sure it is legit. i do belive the board can also get in trouble for hosting it, do you want the board shut down? Also the MSTS community is pretty tight knit group. everyone talks to everyone, if you p1ss one of them off , word will travel, the others will start saying no to other conversions. they own the models, it is their legal right to do what they wish with them. (what if you spent a month making somthing to find out some joe stole it in about 30 seoconds?)

i have so may items ready to go that no one has answered emails on them. how long have my big blows been done? 3 years and 6 emails later?

i cant even belive you asked that actually... that's like saying can we post copies of windows xp on here.

as far as this set goes. ther are way over 300 items in it, not even one scrap of a read me. not one credit.

time for my unofficial review of it since I dl'ed it to see what it was....

this pack needs a lot of work still. to be better.

what i feel needs to be fixed in the next release.
1: It has no read me credit. i dont care if it is in french, the artisits deserve credit. (i could speculate there was a reason for this..)
2: it looks like it was made with VC .8 so it is plagued by the darkside.
3: the trains are full msts length so the coaches and several locos and MU's are longer then the sprite is wide. On curves the ends will be missing because .. well.. because there are none. they are cut off and i dont mean clipping.
4:yes it clips bad.
5:bogies are messed up, none of the trains can take a turn. (see pic)
demo.PNG
demo.PNG (9.26 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
6: umm a map with towns like tastybottom and jinglewick? (shows any 12 year old with a finger can click a button in msts2lomo)

the good things.
1: the freight cars are multi state (idk if they actually work, i did not test them)
2: there is a lot of stuff to play with

I'm sure my comments were harsh, but it was what i would tell anyone whos set i beta test, i dont sugar coat it. i expect the same of my sets. (i know there are several people i talk to everyday on msn and yahoo, that know i am the same when i beta their stuff. but, their sets are better now.)

also i agree with andel, no questions asked. something is fishy. there are 300+ items with no credit where credit is due. these are not his models to use as he wishes.. if he can fix that problem... i don't see why he cant re-post it.

kepon: i can offer pointers on how to fix the problems that i feel need fixing to be a an ok LQ set.
also every problem i mentioned can be found via search... unfortunatly, i am sorry to say but you might have to start all over to fix most of the things i felt needed improvement.

Maybe you and Walter can help each other? he also has a large french set in the works.. 2 brains are better then one. I think he might know a little french.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

I've removed the downloads. When I see a readme and so on, then they can return. I'm doing this as a moderator, so please don't question me on it, as I am doing what is in the interests of the forum.
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

BlenderUser wrote:ha; I just saw the TGV (Had to research it :P; then play)... but the TGV in his picture, and the one you released are different, his look squashed up, where yours don't A.I.
[...]
These are are from an older version wich are a bit squashed ;). And i recognise then, espacialy the TGV Poste.

And a bit offtopic but i like the other pack more then this piece of crap. (Excuse me if i am sounding rude, but Plastikman gave a detailed overview of his thoughts wich are close to mine also.)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

Since three months I write up all French authors and to be allowed to publish please them around the permission her things. Now I have the permission of 14 authors and have started. And now the guy comes without permission and thinks is ok. Thank you Andel which you have undertaken what.
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

we don't know that he does not.
Let's not falsly accuse someone, it is just suspect, and inconciderate to not have any documentation listing authors.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
kepon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kepon »

My message have been censored without reason!
I have the permission of the authors!
So if you want my models i will publish them in one or two week on http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net/forum/hmportal.php
or on an other site if i find.
Bye :?
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

kepon wrote:My message have been censored without reason!
So if you want my models i will publish them in one or two week on http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net/forum/hmportal.php
if you read the thread, you will see the reason. I am sure if you update the read me, it would be allowed to be re-posted.

Permission or not, out of respect of the modelers, full credit should be given if not requested by them. when I get permission, they almost always ask for full credit.
Last edited by Plastikman on 25 Oct 2007 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

I guess his a bit upset about being told that he used other people's work without permission, or edited the note-pad file; don't forget his english is very bad, so editing in french wouldnt of done him much good.

P.S.on a side note, does that mean I should release my australian diesel/EMU's/Trams/Wagons, but they look like other peoples work :( (But I do have the original blender and sketch files) I do have some buildings as well, but I don't know how to convert/ write the xml files for them.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

That they look the same isnt a problem but i am for 99% sure that the TGV`s on the pictures are converted by me. Its an old version but still.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

As explained in PM, I have reason. The reason is I saw no permissions given. Even if your english is poor, a read-me file in french with a crude translation would suffice.

I've pm'd you a response. I truely hope your release is legal.

Good luck,
Andel
Andel
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

Plastikman wrote:we don't know that he does not.
Let's not falsly accuse someone, it is just suspect, and inconciderate to not have any documentation listing authors.
But I know it. Today I have spoken with 4 authors (Tel. and email) and they have given no other permission.
You are a fool if you believe there this to be able to publish without permission. In addition, I am on this side at home
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

Plastikman wrote:because it is illegal period.
he is a board moderator, his job is to make sure it is legit. i do belive the board can also get in trouble for hosting it, do you want the board shut down?
I've never said I want to post it on this site.
Plastikman wrote: Also the MSTS community is pretty tight knit group. everyone talks to everyone, if you p1ss one of them off , word will travel, the others will start saying no to other conversions. they own the models, it is their legal right to do what they wish with them. (what if you spent a month making somthing to find out some joe stole it in about 30 seoconds?)
I on the other hand do believe, that the MSTS authors are still normal people. If you name an author in read-me with information about this set (that is for sure), there shouldn't be any problem. Of course, it's modesty to ask for permission and everyone should do it! Every single model which I've done is not just for me but mostly for other people and I think the MSTS models were created with exactly the same purpose. If it's not true, I probably live in a different world...

i have so may items ready to go that no one has answered emails on them. how long have my big blows been done? 3 years and 6 emails later?
Plastikman wrote: i cant even belive you asked that actually... that's like saying can we post copies of windows xp on here.
Comparison with Windows is little bit exaggerated don't you think? You also need a permission from authors of blueprints or photos or solitary vehicles...
Plastikman wrote: as far as this set goes. ther are way over 300 items in it, not even one scrap of a read me. not one credit.

Sorry, but I've seen this question many times and it was not always 300 items...
Andel wrote: I've removed the downloads. When I see a readme and so on, then they can return. I'm doing this as a moderator, so please don't question me on it, as I am doing what is in the interests of the forum.

I agree with your steps but maybe that was little bit fast...
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Well, I'm off for the weekend, so gonna lock this one to save any flame wars...
Andel
[/size]

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”