[REL]Version 2011 of my rail vehicle packs

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

K.Y.Chung
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [WIPREL]Version 2011 of my rail vehicle packs

Post by K.Y.Chung »

I can make the refurbished DT1 if there is any obvious difference other than just the color scheme, e.g. shapes, mechanical performances....
Visit Nanyue Express for my railway car drawings
BossonHH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BossonHH »

Hello :D
When the DT1 was refurbished in 1969 (just 11 years old), the painting scheme was changed to match the then new DT2 and DT3.
When the DT1 was delievered, it was only compatible with itself. It had a top speed of up to 100 km/h. When it was refurbished in 1969-1970 it was made compatible to the DT3 with the same power features and a top speed up to 80 km/h like the DT3 of course. This feature was not often used, but at least it's a difference :D

So, this is the list with compatiblity:
DT1 unref. and DT1 ref. can run in any combination.
DT1 ref and DT3 unref. can run in any combination.
DT2 ref and DT2 unref. can run in any combination, but is not compatible with DT1 or DT3.
DT3 ref and DT3 unref. can run in any combination.
DT4 can only run with itself.
DT5 can probably only run with itself (maybe with DT4 of the last batch, but none is delivered yet, so noone I know knows that)

Have a nice day,
Carsten
K.Y.Chung
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by K.Y.Chung »

Finished 8)
btw, I've found a bug in my Indian City Rail Pack. Pls download the corrected version if you already have one. Sorry for any inconvenience caused
Attachments
Screenshot289.gif
Screenshot289.gif (68.97 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
Screenshot290.gif
Screenshot290.gif (66.6 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
hamburg_pack.zip
passwd: rail.kychung.com
(902.28 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Last edited by K.Y.Chung on 23 Jul 2011 06:49, edited 2 times in total.
K.Y.Chung
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by K.Y.Chung »

Here are some amendment to the existing packs:

New URL train for MTR:
Screenshot291.gif
Screenshot291.gif (30.86 KiB) Viewed 4048 times
Line 9 Stock for Beijing Subway:
Screenshot293.gif
Screenshot293.gif (32.95 KiB) Viewed 4048 times
Both of them are made by CNR Changchun. Please check out the corresponding threads in Page 1 (MTR Pack) and Page 2 (Beijing Subway Pack).
Finally I've reached the end of my rail vehicle packs planned this year. I'll switch to add something new to the religious building collections. :D
BossonHH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BossonHH »

Hello,
first of all thank you again for your great work.
I noticed some things in the Hamburg and the London packs.

London:
Your C-Stock is only available as a 4 car formation. In real life it always runs in 6 car formation. DM-T-T-DM-T-DM
Your 96 stock ist only available as a 4 car formation. In real life it is now runnung as a 7 car formation (and 6 car before)

Hamburg:
Your DT1, DT1E, DT2, DT2E and DT3 have windows between the cars. Only DT3E has. Maybe it was my fault, I haven't told you before. In real life they have not.
http://www.hochbahnbuch.de/bilder/hamburg185a.jpg DT1 just have plain walls.
DT2 goes only 70 km/h.
I cannot mix DT1 and DT1E. I can also not mix DT3 and DT3E. In real life those combinations were possible.

Have a great weekend. Keep up the super work.
Carsten
K.Y.Chung
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by K.Y.Chung »

BossonHH wrote:Hello,
London:
Your C-Stock is only available as a 4 car formation. In real life it always runs in 6 car formation. DM-T-T-DM-T-DM
Your 96 stock ist only available as a 4 car formation. In real life it is now runnung as a 7 car formation (and 6 car before)

Hamburg:
Your DT1, DT1E, DT2, DT2E and DT3 have windows between the cars. Only DT3E has. Maybe it was my fault, I haven't told you before. In real life they have not.
http://www.hochbahnbuch.de/bilder/hamburg185a.jpg DT1 just have plain walls.
DT2 goes only 70 km/h.
I cannot mix DT1 and DT1E. I can also not mix DT3 and DT3E. In real life those combinations were possible.
Let me explain the reasons behind them. Most the "problems" you've noticed comes from the limitations of the XML config file.

Firstly, you may know that there should be pairs of IDENTICAL cab cars to form a complete train (so you can't have 1 or 3) for some EMUs or push-pulls, otherwise Lomo would simply don't allow you to let them run. C-Stock of London if formed by coupling 3 DM-T units together, but it's not allowed obviously in Loco. 96 Stock is formed by coupling a 3-car and a 4-car unit, but it's not allowed too because they are not an identical pair. If you want a 6-car train, you can have 2 3-car unit of 95 Stock to form a complete train as 95 Stock can be regarded as the same as 96 Stock.

So why don't simply make a 6-car or even 7-car complete train? Just because the XML config file only allow 4 cars in maximum for a single object.

You've said that only DT1E can couple with DT3 or DT3E, but if I allow the combination of DT1 and DT1E, DT1 will then be able to also couple with DT3 or DT3E so you can only choose between these 2 options.

The speed of DT2 and the compatibility between DT3 and DT3E has been corrected, but I have no intention to "remove" the windows between the cars as it is not really observable and I need to modify and render all the 3D models again.
BossonHH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BossonHH »

Hi.

Thanks for all the explanation. I did not know all of that.
Thanks for changing the data for the Hamburg cars :D
Would it be possible to just make a C-Stock unit, which acts like a trailer one can couple to the 4-car train?
Also, would it be possible to make a single 96 stock trailer car to couple between two 95 3-car units to form a 7-car train? 95 and 96 are really not very different, that's right.

Have a great Sunday!
K.Y.Chung
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by K.Y.Chung »

BossonHH wrote:Hi.

Thanks for all the explanation. I did not know all of that.
Thanks for changing the data for the Hamburg cars :D
Would it be possible to just make a C-Stock unit, which acts like a trailer one can couple to the 4-car train?
Also, would it be possible to make a single 96 stock trailer car to couple between two 95 3-car units to form a 7-car train? 95 and 96 are really not very different, that's right.

Have a great Sunday!
It may lead to something strange if someone want to have it deliberately. I can just simply change a flag to remove the limitations on having pairs of identical driving units to let you do want you want, but I don't want to see someone having an incomplete train running in the game, which the last car of the train is not a cab car :wink: If you really want to have a 7-car 96 Stock, you can couple a 95 Stock 3-car complete train (not an incomplete driving unit) with a 96 Stock 4-car complete train. It is possible in real life I think.
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

K.Y.Chung wrote:It is possible in real life I think.
It is. They're almost identical when it comes to the electrical equipment, and the couplers are the same.
K.Y.Chung
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [WIP\REL]Version 2011 of my rail vehicle packs

Post by K.Y.Chung »

Amendment to Beijing Pack: Line 8 Stock 8) . A new member to the fleet by CSR Sifang. Check out Page 2 for download.
Attachments
Screenshot296.gif
Screenshot296.gif (36.77 KiB) Viewed 3808 times
jimbobuk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimbobuk »

K.Y.Chung wrote:... and sub-surface Stocks
The power output of the trains are just estimations as I can't find the actual ones
Hi, these look fantastic, but this pack is coming up as password protected, what is the password please?
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

Password is written above the download in the description.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
jimbobuk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimbobuk »

47407 wrote:Password is written above the download in the description.
Doh! Many thanks!
TechnoBassAU
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TechnoBassAU »

Its Soo Awesome I Might Just Cry
Add Me On STEAM
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198043637630]Image[/url]

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”