Two questions.

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

BlankInsanity
Engineer
Engineer

Two questions.

Post by BlankInsanity »

So I'm currently playing on a randomly generated map and I'm getting pissed off with having industries production rate constantly going up and down, forcing me to take in and out trains and then my index would jump from 66% to 40-50s. Is there a way to halt their productions rate so I don't get the dissapointing message of 'Coal mine crashes, production down'.

Second question is, I forgot to add scrap metal to my map and all my slots are full is there a way to say replace one industry with scrap metal industry or would this crash the save game?
glenjimen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Two questions.

Post by glenjimen »

Question 1: Yes, you can use LocoTool to open the industry into an XML code document and a PNG file folder. Then you can change the variables in the XML code:

<bit name="canincreaseproduction">1</bit>
<bit name="candecreaseproduction">1</bit>

1 = true, 0 = false

Question 2: Do you mean scrap metal the Cargo, or Scrap Yard the Industry?
Visit the Directory --> Loco-Dat-Directory
BlankInsanity
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BlankInsanity »

glenjimen wrote:Question 1: Yes, you can use LocoTool to open the industry into an XML code document and a PNG file folder. Then you can change the variables in the XML code:

<bit name="canincreaseproduction">1</bit>
<bit name="candecreaseproduction">1</bit>

1 = true, 0 = false

Question 2: Do you mean scrap metal the Cargo, or Scrap Yard the Industry?
Yeah for question 1 I was using locotool but I was hoping there would be a faster way to do it.

For question 2 I ment the scrap yard industry
glenjimen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by glenjimen »

BlankInsanity wrote:For question 2 I meant the scrap yard industry
The only way I know to add an industry to a game in progress is with the saved-game-editor. If all your slots are full, you would have to remove one other industry to add the Scrap Yard. Removing an industry in use would cause Locomotion to crash.

If there is an industry in the saved game that does not exist on the map, you can remove it, and add the Scrap Yard.
You also have to keep in mind that the saved-game-editor is not entirely stable, it can create saved games that can't be opened. I learned that the hard way :shock:

I hope that helps.
Visit the Directory --> Loco-Dat-Directory
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

If you don't have it yet, here is Locomod, the saved game editor.

When you add the industry, you'll also have to add the cargo type. However, I'm not sure if a scrap yard is one of the industries that a player can fund in-game.
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

Zakos wrote:If you don't have it yet, here is Locomod, the saved game editor.
Zakos, there is nothing more to download.

But here http://www.wisim-community.net/index.ph ... eItem&id=1
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Sorry about that, broken link.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

You can try these too;

[REL] Founding Industries for everyone

I believe these have the production set better and you're also able to build them when others can't be built. I think that's what the 'Founding' means in the title.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”