(Rel) Port Tudor and (GTA) San Andreas and Liberty City

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

(Rel) Port Tudor and (GTA) San Andreas and Liberty City

Post by robo »

Port Tudor
If you have played GTA4, you may feel familiar with this landscape. :lol:
Achieve a performance index of 80% (president). Connect the islands, transport passengers and build new industries. Computer opponents are only allowed to use ships. Mods are not required (but recommanded). Play like you want.
Attachments
port tudor.png
port tudor.png (306.94 KiB) Viewed 10246 times
Port Tudor.zip
(212.26 KiB) Downloaded 1314 times
Last edited by robo on 26 Jan 2010 19:51, edited 2 times in total.
CRATSCH
Engineer
Engineer

Re: (Rel) Port Tudor

Post by CRATSCH »

wow, good to have you back.

your maps are exclusive stuff!
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

Thanks, I was very occupied the last month and I'm out of practise concerning locomotion, but I believe a good port scenario or a "Liberty City"-scenario (perhaps someone can create a better one with mods) has a lot of potential and fun.
Last edited by robo on 13 Sep 2009 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

I thought a port could need a few cranes :D , so I made a quick conversion of this 3D-model I found at google sketchup warehouse. http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... 83666ea01a (Credits to the author).
I hope someone like this toy. You need to activate it in the scenario editor and it works like a variation of the seaport.

(edit: new version, I slightly improved the code :wink: )
Attachments
crane.png
crane.png (68.45 KiB) Viewed 10030 times
SHIPST2.zip
(25.91 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
Last edited by robo on 14 Sep 2009 14:07, edited 3 times in total.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

Sweet :D
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

great idea
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

Great option the new port cranes.
But i found one small bug in the crane. When you select it in the ports option menu it still shows the docks pic instead of a crane pic.
Screenshot-PortCrane.png
Screenshot-PortCrane.png (53.75 KiB) Viewed 9873 times
Can i place a request here? Can you make one version with some stacks of wood next to it? instead of the containers. Or some other cargo?
I want to use it something simular like this:
click on the images for larger pic.
or this
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: (Rel) Port Tudor and (GTA) San Andreas

Post by robo »

Hm, interesting, how did you build the crane (which is still a seaport) without water? I can't promise you anything, because I'm not always in the mood to create these 3D-toys and prefer playing the game.

I couldn't resist, here's another GTA-Map for locomotion: San Andreas.
Only mod required is PlastikMans automotive mod 2.6 from http://www.amitrains.co.uk/trains.php.
The automotive mod is extremly challenging and I hate timelimits, but I suggest that you run the scenario for at least 30 years and try to deliver as many automobiles as possible. :lol:
Computer opponents are allowed to use busses, trucks and ships.
Attachments
San Andreas.png
San Andreas.png (97.92 KiB) Viewed 9851 times
san andreas landscape without industries and mods.zip
(341.45 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
San Andreas automobile industry challenge.zip
(379.22 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

robo wrote:Hm, interesting, how did you build the crane (which is still a seaport) without water? I can't promise you anything, because I'm not always in the mood to create these 3D-toys and prefer playing the game.
Zimmlock told me on how to do this. It is the same way how you build some of the German stations. It is actualy very easy.

Make a 2x1 square hole for the water end fill it with water Place the docks or your crane next to the water. Now remove the water by filling it up again with earth and the crane will stay in place. If you put it on the right location you can actualy use it to enlarge your loading/unloading area.

Screen added with some examples.

I hope you can design a nother version because i think it is a real nice object to use next to a railroad.
Attachments
portcrane-instructions-land-use.png
portcrane-instructions-land-use.png (61.55 KiB) Viewed 9830 times
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

Probably the best way would be to simply delete the containers with a painting programm.
I don't think that I can exactly reproduce the stacks of wood on your screenshot, because I work only with sketchup and not with 3Dmax. On the other side, I don't like the way the crane is build, it's too complicated and unintuitiv and the ship-AI will have an unsolvable problem. :)

Here a screenshot from San Andreas:
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

If you never played GTA San Andreas, I suggest you take a look at some of the many maps available on the web.
Here are a few early screenshots of another game from me to help getting started. The industry layout is different from the scenario automobile challenge and I used mods like the scenery of the Provo map, megapack and the tourist center http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=27423 to get passengers to the large airports on the periphery of all three major cities.
The scenario starts in 1950, this way I have a lot of time to connect Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Vegas with passenger trains nearly the same way as in the game GTA SA, before the automobile industry becomes fully playable and the network gets extended.
First a screenshot how I began. Computer opponents import oil to the docks of Los Santos. The Conrail transport goods to Los Santos to make some money needed to connect Los Santos with San Fierro and run the City of Los Angeles Passenger Train. San Fierro is already growing due to some trams. The bridge to connect San Fierro with Las Vegas was very expensive, because I had to raise the seaground.

I could post my new industry layout, but it's still not perfect and everytime I edit the scenario the computer opponents seem to get dumber and less competitive, esspecially the ship-AI.
You get the best results if you add all mods to a clean landscape without industries, then add a few industries and avoid deleting and replacing industries in the editor, because the replaced industries are likely to be ignored from the (ship-)AI.
Apart from that I had a lot of fun with this map and I`m still playing it.
gtasa
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gtasa »

Lighthouse wrote:Great option the new port cranes.
But i found one small bug in the crane. When you select it in the ports option menu it still shows the docks pic instead of a crane pic.
Screenshot-PortCrane.png
Can i place a request here? Can you make one version with some stacks of wood next to it? instead of the containers. Or some other cargo?
I want to use it something simular like this:
click on the images for larger pic.
or this

looks very awesome from those pics :D
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

I agree, the cranes are looking awsome, but I'm not an artist and to lazy too make them. :wink:
Theoretically the sketchup warehouse is full of interesting objects and everybody can make his own toys with little knowledge.
I decided to attach the crane in sketchup format to show how it works (I hope it's not too large).
There are two views, the normal view to work and the render view for exporting the four rotated views you need for locomotion. To understand the dimetric projection, look here:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... 04c7fdcd27

I saw there's another way to get the dimetric projection in this thread:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 5&start=20
Attachments
crane.zip
(2.91 MiB) Downloaded 278 times
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: (Rel) Port Tudor and (GTA) San Andreas and Liberty City

Post by robo »

I'm currently having fun with a hilly version of Liberty City, it's much more elaborated than the first one above.
You need the automobile industry and provo map scenery for this landscape. Add your own trains in the scenario editor. I would recommand the CLW_Limited_Edition_Pack_1_Conrail_ALCOs.1.0.1 and some subway or elevated trains from the megapack for passenger transport.

Liberty City needs a subwaysystem to grow. http://media.photobucket.com/image/gta% ... ay-Map.jpg

edit: landscape updated to build a subway under the Algonquin Bridge (thanks to noofnoof)
Attachments
Liberty City modified new algonquin bridge.zip
(202.25 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Last edited by robo on 11 Mar 2010 09:43, edited 2 times in total.
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

I suggest you convert trucks with loco wrappertool to make intensiv use of the "advanced" road system. ;-)

Boothtunnel under the port
Attachments
advanced road network.png
Boothtunnel under the port.png
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

Elevated train in Broker
Attachments
elevated train in Broker.png
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

I am enjoying building a prague-y metro in this scenario, thanks.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

bumping yet again with Liberty metro, a wholy owned subsidury of nooftransit. running the latest M1 stock.

all lines are metro except green ones.
Attachments
Liberty metro.jpg
Liberty metro.jpg (38.38 KiB) Viewed 8916 times
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

updated with proposed line in grey, and stations as circles. aswell as expansion of purple line. green lines ar light-rail.
Attachments
Liberty metro 2.jpg
Liberty metro 2.jpg (38.78 KiB) Viewed 8868 times
Screenshot14.jpg
Screenshot15.jpg
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

I like what you've done there with the bridges in the last shot. Would have been grander if the truss was the same colour as the suspension bridge above it.

Actually, if something like this was to be used frequently, a modded girder bridge could be made to complement the pylons of the suspension bridge. And one of these days I want to make a cable-stayed bridge. One day...

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”