(WIP) Alameda Corridor

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Should this be released or does it need work?

Yes release it.
80%
Not yet needs work
7%
No don't release it at all
13%

Total votes: 15

NEcorridor
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

(WIP) Alameda Corridor

Post by NEcorridor »

Some of you have seen some of the screenshots and the video i posted on youtube but its in the plans of release of the Alameda Corridor. The Alameda Corridor was completed back in 2002
This was stated from ACTA site
The Alameda Corridor is located in southern Los Angeles County, California, running from the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles 20 miles north to downtown Los Angeles, primarily along and adjacent to Alameda Street. The project extends through or borders the cities of Vernon, Huntington Park, South Gate, Lynwood, Compton, Carson, Los Angeles, and the County of Los Angeles.

The project's origin can be traced to October 1981, when the Ports Advisory Committee (PAC) was created by the Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG). This committee was established in response to growing concerns about the ability of the ground transportation system to accommodate increasing levels of traffic in the port area. PAC members included local elected officials, as well as representatives of the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, the U.S. Navy, Army Corps of Engineers, affected railroads, trucking industry, and the Los Angeles County Transportation Commission (LACTC).

The first phase of the PAC's study, completed in 1982, dealt with the problems of highway access to the ports. In this phase, the PAC addressed a number of problem areas and recommended a cost-effective set of highway improvements, including the widening of certain streets. The second phase, a study of rail access, was completed in 1984. Additional highway improvements were recommended, but the focus of the second phase was concern over the impact of projected train traffic on communities north of the ports. Three routing alternatives were evaluated and the results of the analysis indicated that consolidating all trains on an up-graded Southern Pacific San Pedro Branch right-of-way would be the most cost-effective alternative.

To pursue this objective, in February 1985 SCAG created the Alameda Corridor Task Force (ACTF), whose membership was similar to that of PAC, with the addition of the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and each of the cities along the corridor. The need for the project was further confirmed by the Consolidated Rail Corridor Strategic Plan published by the two ports in November 1988. The ACTF concluded that a Joint Powers Authority should be created to have design and construction responsibility for the Alameda Corridor, and the Alameda Corridor Transportation Authority (ACTA) was created in August of 1989.

Nearing the ports while Metrolink trains overpass

The Los Angeles Port and Long Beach Ports actually they are oil refineries that recieve oil.

Challenge:
The Challenge will be to deliver 800,000 crates of goods within 60 years

Question???
I have one question though the final delivery point what should i call it?

ALAMEDA CORRIDOR Map (WIP)

It's been revived
busman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: (WIP) Alameda Corridor

Post by busman »

ok from looking at your screenshots i can tell you have never been in that area at all.

here are some big mistakes

1 the area is almost totally flat
2 its not a desert its completely urban
3 the port is a island
4 metrolink goes nowhere near the Alameda corridor
5 its 3 tracks completely built in a trench with room for a fourth, and its covered
6 the area around the corridor is totally industrial

its not worth the time to make a secarino as all the frieght that runs up the corridor comes off ships and is headed over the cajon pass
and there are no sidings at all off the corridor after it leaves the up yard in carson, untill it comes out at redondo jct south of dtwn la
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

busman wrote:
here are some big mistakes.......
You could have just asked him to bend over.....

The kid wants to build it.... w/e.... then let him build it.. even if it is completely inaccurate.

Maybe you can point him to some reference material....

You have all valid points and I know you live/work right on the corridor so you have a bit of expertise on it.
it was my understanding it is sort of like a subway/expressway for the freight trains to get inland through the city.

PS. At least he did not put metra or NJT trains on it.....
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
NEcorridor
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NEcorridor »

Plastikman wrote:
busman wrote:
here are some big mistakes.......
You could have just asked him to bend over.....

The kid wants to build it.... w/e.... then let him build it.. even if it is completely inaccurate.

Maybe you can point him to some reference material....

You have all valid points and I know you live/work right on the corridor so you have a bit of expertise on it.
it was my understanding it is sort of like a subway/expressway for the freight trains to get inland through the city.

PS. At least he did not put metra or NJT trains on it.....
Thanks the main focus was actually delivering that amount of goods within 60 years
i first tried 200,000 but after like 7 years i was like at 25%

It's been revived
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

busman wrote:ok from looking at your screenshots i can tell you have never been in that area at all.

3 the port is a island
4 metrolink goes nowhere near the Alameda corridor
5 its 3 tracks completely built in a trench with room for a fourth, and its covered
6 the area around the corridor is totally industrial

its not worth the time to make a secarino as all the frieght that runs up the corridor comes off ships and is headed over the cajon pass
and there are no sidings at all off the corridor after it leaves the up yard in carson, untill it comes out at redondo jct south of dtwn la
Lets see you do it right then...
NEcorridor
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NEcorridor »

busman wrote:ok from looking at your screenshots i can tell you have never been in that area at all.

Well it's still a WIP it's not official yet

1: it is almost totally flat
2: hadnt had the time to change that over yet

It's been revived
busman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by busman »

hmmm i wonder if this map counts
Attachments
Screenshot39.png
(119.67 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Screenshot31.png
(126.46 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
busman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by busman »

or maybe these, you know a very accurate map of the rail lines in the la basin and the cajon pass, i just happen to live in the area
Attachments
Screenshot30.png
(95.43 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Screenshot32.png
(143.85 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Screenshot37.png
(138.92 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

busman, first it is a WIP, second, if people get negative comments then they might not work on scenarios, and that is what we really need, try to give friendly sugestions
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

NEcorridor
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NEcorridor »

i tried a map with the map generator

It's been revived

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”