Repairing Trains

Are you a beginner with Locomotion? Learn the basics here.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

KSmitty
Engineer
Engineer

Repairing Trains

Post by KSmitty »

I used the search, and found nothing on this. Is it possible to raise the reliability of my trains without replacing the locomotive(s)? I know it isn't possible in the game, but are thare any mods/addons that allow repair of trains?
Kevin Smith
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Repairing Trains

Post by Plastikman »

Ksmitty

Welcome to the forums.

I think if you searched a little harder, you would have an answer.

There is no mod to auto repair vehicles while playing. As nice of a mod that would be, that would involve changing the game code (exe hack).

On the other hand. You can use a tool called "wrapper" or "locotool wrapper". That tool can set the reliability of all of your vehicals to "no breakdown". Then you don't have to worry about it any more.
Last edited by Plastikman on 09 Jun 2009 00:59, edited 1 time in total.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

EDIT: Same as plastikman says...

You can edit them using Locotool (search for it, there are a few threads on its operations), set reliability to 0
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
KSmitty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KSmitty »

Hey thanks guys :D Plastikman I noticed that SF3751 had a 0% reliability and that the rdc's and FT had very high reliabiliy rates (in the mega pack 1.2 or 1.3)and wondered how this was done, Now i know and i will down loda the tool momentarily! Thanks Again!
Kevin Smith
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

Use wrappertool for it.
Read my manual. Sticky!!!

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=20839
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
KSmitty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KSmitty »

These tools, they are talked about everywhere on these forums, and I am interested in giving modding a try. However I cannot find where to download them. Can someone please give me a link(s)

Sorry, I know this is a little off topic.
Kevin Smith
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

I got hits when I searched for it... Chevy suggested a link, try that. Apologies, this was written on my BlackBerry...
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Redimus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Redimus »

I found the wrapper tool didnt work properly (something to do with Vista I beleive), but even if it does work, you'll need LocoTool to use it.

I couldnt for the love of chirst find that on here (I searched extra hard) but I did find it useing good old Google.

Go here!

Download the one with the '<--- Download this!' on it.

If you decided to use the Front end, it should be easy enough to find on these forums.

If not, all you have to do is take the .dat file you want to modify (they are normally named something obvious) from the ObjData folder (normally found in C:\Program Files\Atari\Locomotion\ObjData) and drag it over Locotool. This will create an xml file, which you can edit using notpad or somesuch. You'll find the reliability in a bit of code that looks like this:

Code: Select all

<variable name="reliability" size="1">??</variable>
The '?? is the current relaibility of you unit. To make it infinite, put it to 0, to make it more, but to have it still eventully become to old, just make it higher (I dont know if you can go over 100%, Im pretty new at this myself, and havnt tried it yet).

I recomend at this point you save the file as a slightly different name, so it dosnt overried the origanal, you can also change the ingame name by replacing the ?? in this with whatever you wanna call it:

Code: Select all

<description num="0" language="0">??</description>
Its a way bit down the page mind, and if you've hit a load of stuff about png files, you've gone to far down. There are names for all the languages in the game, I dont bother with any but the defualt language.
Rember to save the file (as an XML file) then drag the new (or modified) xml file over the locotool app again, and it'll create your new swanky unit, which you can then throw back into the ObjData folder.

The front end wrapper does this all a lot easier, but it takes a ****ing age to start up the first time (even on modern PCs) and if (like me) you have vista, it wont work anyway. Also I find doing it with the back end code is in the end far more satisfying, and pretty easy to figure out.

Hope that helps, whilst there *is* a lot on the subject, it is all spread out and difficult to find (even with the search fucntion) so I thought I'd try and help as best I can. There are of course things Ive missed, but if you can do what Ive shown you, you should be able to work out the rest fine.

EDIT: Please remember, with new units, you need to create scenarios with them in before you can use them (or edit existing scenarios so the next time you start em they have the unit in).
Warning: Subject has been known to show the kind of mental agility that would make Locomotion's AI blush.

Return to “Locomotion Beginners”