Locomotion not running on Windows 7

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Locomotion not running on Windows 7

Post by rdrdrdrd »

yes, but an i5 plus a h50 cooler is almoast as expensive as an i7, which can overclock up to 3.8 easily, and really push to 4.0ghz, way past the i7 stock clock
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

Plastikman wrote:more details on system then.

desktop or laptop?
what video card is it?
brand?
Desktop
Video Card: AMD Athlon II X4 630
Brand: AMD

That what you need?
Last edited by Badger on 08 Jan 2011 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

thats your CPU, not your GPU.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

Where do I find all of this information at? My first post had all of the information that "System Properties" gives.
PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

I still have no clue how to determine my GPU, I should probably google it, but I do now know that I have an ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics card if that has anything to do with it. I'm also running DirectX 11.
Help?
ralphholmes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ralphholmes »

Until about two weeks ago, Locomotion ran successfully on my PC under Windows 7 (64 bit).

Now, after a very brief time (sometimes instantly) the screen colours change to look like a child's first attempt at painting. It's just not possible to play.

Any ideas, please.

Even when Locomotion was working, the colours would change whenever the Windows background changer changed the background picture, so I always disable that before starting Locomotion.

Cheers

Ralph
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Known problem; no solution.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
douglasrac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by douglasrac »

ralphholmes wrote:Until about two weeks ago, Locomotion ran successfully on my PC under Windows 7 (64 bit).

Now, after a very brief time (sometimes instantly) the screen colours change to look like a child's first attempt at painting. It's just not possible to play.

Any ideas, please.

Even when Locomotion was working, the colours would change whenever the Windows background changer changed the background picture, so I always disable that before starting Locomotion.

Cheers

Ralph
I get something like this on my Win7 64bits (crazy colours), but only when I minimize the game and then come back.

For the ones that can't run it on Win7, I also have this, and I solve like this:

1) Open the game first time.
2) The game won't open.
3) Kill the game exe. "locomotion.exe" using windows task, or more recomendable Process Explorer.
This program will allow you to see the locomotion.exe also open something called rundll32.exe. You have to kill Locomotion but leave rundll32.dll open. So, don't use the option Kill Process Tree. Use Kill only.
4) Open the game again, and voilà, iIt works!

For some reason rundll32.dll need to be open first.
PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

I followed your steps to the T, I have rundll32.exe running, but still no cigar. Am I just SOL here?
douglasrac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by douglasrac »

PowerQube1234 wrote:I followed your steps to the T, I have rundll32.exe running, but still no cigar. Am I just SOL here?
rundll21.dll was on process explorer and then you open Locomotion and nothing?
Erzeal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Erzeal »

Works for me on Win 7 Home Premium 64bit. Only problem is if i alt-tab to windows and then go back to the game the graphics become horribly messed up.
AIM SN: Sennen84
Steam ID: ericd20 (feel free to add me!)
I'll Never Forget You...
Vanessa "Nellie" Marcussen 1987 - 2007
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

common bug, no current workaround
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Erzeal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Erzeal »

rdrdrdrd wrote:common bug, no current workaround
yea. its not that big a deal. I dont have to alt-tab often. Game works perfect minus that which im happy about.
AIM SN: Sennen84
Steam ID: ericd20 (feel free to add me!)
I'll Never Forget You...
Vanessa "Nellie" Marcussen 1987 - 2007
cartographer29
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cartographer29 »

I have the "kiddie colouring book" problem as well, but it seems its only triggered by either ALT+TABing, or if I get a popup, notice, badge, or anything that may appear in the background.

Whenever I play Lomo, I used to disable my anti-virus protection and the internet, because often I'd get a little pop-up that would throw the colour palette off. But I have since found a setting that disables pop-up notifications (for use in full-screen programs and games) and now the only thing that throws my colour palette off is the warning that my battery is running out (which is good, because it forces me to save the game and quit before my computer shuts down).

Hope this insight helps some who might not clue in to those features.
PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

Alright, I've tried to repeat onpening rundll32, but I am currently unsucessful. I do not have a rundll21.exe on my computer, atleast not that I am aware of, should I?
PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

Ok guys, I finally got around to making a video for my error. Just click my link [color=#0000FF]http://www.youtube.com/w ... le[/color]

Or... don't click the link... just copy/paste it into the url. I don't know why anything doesn't want to work for me these days...
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

are you on a netbook?

PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

Nope. Should I be?
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

no, but that may have been causing the problem, they have window 7 starter which has some trouble running things

PowerQube1234
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PowerQube1234 »

So... a random netbook is causing problems on my computer...

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”