Station Entrance Problems

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

akk141
Engineer
Engineer

Station Entrance Problems

Post by akk141 »

Hello everyone! I am currently designing a main station that needs to be able to handle many trains at once, it will have five platforms (only two are connected currently)which all have both extended waiting areas at the entrance and exit. My problem is that the incoming trains only ever enter the waiting area for platform 1, and thus only use one platform, even though there is an empty waiting area right next to it. Any tips would be appreciated in how to fix this.
Thank you in advance for any who try to help
Attachments
StationOverview.jpg
Overall station surroundings
(590.09 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
StationEntrance.jpg
The entrance to the station waiting area (notice the train waiting on the first line while the second line is clear)
(674.58 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Platform Entrance.jpg
Entrance to the platforms (Each platform is connected to one line from each of the two incoming lines)
(694.13 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
akk141
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Station Entrance Problems

Post by akk141 »

After some experimenting, I managed to fix it myself actually, if any of you are curious I think it was because there was an one square gap between each waiting area.
As you can see when the intersection needed to have less space between the turns in order for the trains to function like they should.
Attachments
FixedEntrance.png
In order to bring the exits closer together, I had to loop around almost a full circle
(670.77 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Re: Station Entrance Problems

Post by Lighthouse »

Try to put a 2-way signal just before the platform instead of a 1-way.
So between the switch and the platform.
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”