32bit Extra Zoom Graphics Works In Progress

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

pressus
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [32bpp] Extra zoom levels Graphics

Post by pressus »

Good work :-) But when we can see more trains or waggons? Good luck in that job :-)
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

pressus wrote:Good work :-) But when we can see more trains or waggons? Good luck in that job :-)
In the current release I only have these wagons and this EMU (440). Also, there are some cargos uncoded.

This is long work, because there are too many sprites.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
pressus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pressus »

Yes, I know, so I wish you good condition to do it in free time :-) by the way, do you know other 32bpp coded trains, not in wiki list?
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have finished a preview version of the coast tiles.
pressus wrote:Yes, I know, so I wish you good condition to do it in free time :-) by the way, do you know other 32bpp coded trains, not in wiki list?
There aren't other trains coded, but there are some locomotives modeled in the Blender tread.
Attachments
Coast_tiles_temperate.tar
TAR file.
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 308 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have problems with the latest Openttdw.grf file in the latest release. There are one sprite more and some TAR files must be replaced.

It You see problems with some trucks that some sprites are turned 45º, replace them with the updated TAR files in this ZIP file. This file doesn't replace the megapack.
Also, this file has the latest revision for Spainset 32 bpp sprites with the 594 class train, the 470 train (this train is almost the same than 440), the small livestock wagon (Maybe It could have a detail wrong) and steel cargo in short flatcar. I have some sprites in my computer that can't be coded in the current Spainset version.

http://rapidshare.com/files/290813265/O ... p.zip.html

And there is a TAR file with the sprites for coast tiles in tropical climate.
Attachments
Coast_tiles_tropical.tar
TAR file with coast tiles for tropical climate.
(772 KiB) Downloaded 1509 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Two fixes:
  • New 32 bpp bridges: fixed the suspension bridge. I have fixed the long span piece.
  • Fruit truck, I have fixed a wrong sprite in the TAR file that shows a huge truck at Z2 zoom level.
Attachments
new fruit truck.tar
Fruit truck.
(247.5 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
32 bpp bridges.tar
New 32 BPP bridges.
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 1499 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This is a update of Spain set with the hopper wagons. There's only loads for grain and coal:
http://rapidshare.com/files/296934748/S ... 7_rev3.tar
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

why rapidshare?
Member of the
ImageImage
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Because it's 15mb? But, I have a forum set up now where you can host anything for free on my forum and just post the link here. PM me if you want to post files there.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

DJ Nekkid wrote:why rapidshare?
Because the file is not finished, and some people will download every release. This could be too many traffic in the forums. Also, I can't upload files with more than 2 mb.
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Then why not mediafire? Personally I absolutely HATE all the limits that RapidFail imposes. Oh and it also kills files quite fast.
mrMann
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mrMann »

Why not X download host? :roll: Stop questioning where the author chooses to host things.
Hmm, what should I put here...
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Killer 11 wrote:Then why not mediafire? Personally I absolutely HATE all the limits that RapidFail imposes. Oh and it also kills files quite fast.
I will upload the next release in this site and rapishare.
Varivar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Varivar »

I discovered a bug in the 32bpp cinema from Northstar, the 8bpp building is drawn over the 32bpp building. I hope this hasn't been reported before, after all I have missed some months here :oops:
Attachments
Bug in 32bpp cinema building
Bug in 32bpp cinema building
cinema_bug.jpg (51.19 KiB) Viewed 4998 times
hyperion
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hyperion »

Varivar wrote:I discovered a bug in the 32bpp cinema from Northstar, the 8bpp building is drawn over the 32bpp building. I hope this hasn't been reported before, after all I have missed some months here :oops:
with the new versions of openttd32 you need two sprites of the cinema to put in the openttdw folder.
perhaps it can be the cause.

i join the two pictures from openttdw just in the case they are missing in your game
Attachments
cinema openttdw.zip
(73.1 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Varivar wrote:I discovered a bug in the 32bpp cinema from Northstar, the 8bpp building is drawn over the 32bpp building. I hope this hasn't been reported before, after all I have missed some months here :oops:
The problem is that the Openttdw file replaces some default graphics, and these sprites change their numbers in some releases. I think that these replacements should be skiped because They are not needed in the OpenTTD 32 bpp version. It could be done with a new GRF file, or maybe with a different openttdw.GRF file, or maybe with a new GRF file with some action A replacements.
Varivar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Varivar »

hyperion wrote:with the new versions of openttd32 you need two sprites of the cinema to put in the openttdw folder.

i join the two pictures from openttdw just in the case they are missing in your game
I putted them in the right folder like you said, but it still doesn't work. It still draws the 8bpp building over the 32bpp one. :(
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Varivar wrote:
hyperion wrote:with the new versions of openttd32 you need two sprites of the cinema to put in the openttdw folder.

I putted them in the right folder like you said, but it still doesn't work. It still draws the 8bpp building over the 32bpp one. :(
The problem is that the number of the sprite in Openttdw.grf was changed in the last release. :(
These replacements at the end of Openttdw.grf should be skipped. This should be suggested in the development forum, because modifing the TAR files in every release of Openttd is impractical.
hyperion
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hyperion »

i agree with you,i think it's disturbing to have to modify this folder with each update of the game(the cinema,a tropical house,many truck sprites,........)
the sprites i have posted are probably out to date because i'm still using a version 15590.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

maquinista wrote:
DJ Nekkid wrote:why rapidshare?
Also, I can't upload files with more than 2 mb.
Um ...
maquinista wrote:File comment: New 32 BPP bridges.
32 bpp bridges.tar [2.32 MiB]

Your upload history begs to differ.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “Graphics Development”