New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread (Works In Progress)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread

Post by Zephyris »

Coal mine, including all 3 buildings, all 3 construction stages, the 3 animation frames and 3 piles of coal. Ground tile not included/done (has it already been made?). Tesselation of the belts/cables hasn't been tested but should be fine.

The full .blend sources and sprites zip are available at the 32bpp repo here: http://www.jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-re ... ile&id=165

BTW, I think someone mentioned having coded the oil well sprites, are these avaiable anywhere, it would be good to put them on the repo and wiki with appropriate links and sources.
Attachments
Building3a1ANIPREVIEW.gif
Building3a1ANIPREVIEW.gif (33.55 KiB) Viewed 4453 times
Building2a.png
Building2a.png (34.79 KiB) Viewed 4453 times
CoalMineSprites.zip
(453.84 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

And a mockup, I think the coal piles are a bit too large looking at this, but it should just be a simple resize job to get them to a better size.
Attachments
Mockup.png
tsjook
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tsjook »

Niiiice!

I agree that the coal piles themselves could be a bit smaller. Next to that I suggest more smudges and coal dust spots elsewhere on the ground. Now the area looks too 'clean'.
toooomas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by toooomas »

Antonio1984 wrote:I'm worn out :D
added: crain, fire escape, large door for load/unload cargo..I think it can be sufficient...
I think that the windows need some sections inside. When comparing the windows with doors, it seems that the windows are approx 4...5 m wide and 2...2,5...3 meters high. The hangar isn't some expensive business building or something like that to afford so big single glass made windows. I think that the windows should look like on those Google Images or at least have the max width measure for one glass ca 1,5m. The height - 2m should then be OK.

Also about the skylight, this also should be a bit more realistic. Like this for instance.

A little Sample:
Antonio1984
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Antonio1984 »

Zephyris: very very nice...my only advice is the same of tsjook...dirty th ground and it is perfect!
Xand
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xand »

Also the buildings of the coal mine are way too clean. It should have some dirt on it like the in the orginal one and could have some broken windows. Discoloration of the wood. Now the coal mine looks brand spanking new.

Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Zephyris wrote:And a mockup, I think the coal piles are a bit too large looking at this, but it should just be a simple resize job to get them to a better size.
It does look a tad bit too dark, when you look at all the other sprites.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Killer 11 wrote:It does look a tad bit too dark, when you look at all the other sprites.
True, I will lighten it up a bit.
Antonio1984 wrote:Zephyris: very very nice...my only advice is the same of tsjook...dirty th ground and it is perfect!
tsjook wrote:Next to that I suggest more smudges and coal dust spots elsewhere on the ground. Now the area looks too 'clean'.
This mockup is done on the bare earth tile, not the industry ground tile. The industry ground tile can be more dirty/have track marks etc. but I didn't know if it was made already.
Xand wrote:Also the buildings of the coal mine are way too clean. It should have some dirt on it like the in the orginal one and could have some broken windows. Discoloration of the wood. Now the coal mine looks brand spanking new.
TBH I don't think it should look all broken, it is a fully functional coal mine; the picture you posted is of a building which looks like it has been unused for decades!
Xand
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xand »

The picture was meant as an example for discolored wood and the broken windows. Of course it should not look all broken. But it should look like the coal mine is in production and not like it has just been built!

Oh and the coal piles are already modeled and look perfect IMO.
Last edited by Xand on 08 Mar 2010 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Oh and the coal piles are already modeled.
Where!? They are not on the wiki or in the repo.
Xand
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xand »

Zephyris wrote:
Here you go. I don't know who modeled them, but somebody else probably will.
Attachments
Sprites.zip
(206.28 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Don't problem, I can add the coal piles as new GRF station tiles, between tracks.

I have coded the buildings.
http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... ile&id=167

If You preffer, I can code the coal piles in the simple stations GRF with a building in / tracks.
Xand wrote:
Zephyris wrote:
Here you go. I don't know who modeled them, but somebody else probably will.
They are coded here:
http://jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-repo/i ... file&id=41
Attachments
Preview of station GRF.
Preview of station GRF.
coal_station_mockup.JPEG (31.92 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
neob
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by neob »

Xand wrote:Here you go. I don't know who modeled them, but somebody else probably will.
probably is better to check this, because unless they are licensed, there is no point to even consider them.
while we use some unlicensed stuff in the unofficial pack its only a temporary measure until licensed materials found.
Zephyris wrote:And a mockup, I think the coal piles are a bit too large looking at this, but it should just be a simple resize job to get them to a better size.
i like it, it simple and good, which is what it suppose to be, details is over estimated good texturing and coloring is preferable (like lordz bank), that why if i ever want to release something of the refinery i'll have to curve half of it out :(
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

Nice. How come the main building is sitting on the ground whereas the smaller buildings are on extensions?
#################
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Jupix wrote:
Nice. How come the main building is sitting on the ground whereas the smaller buildings are on extensions?
Because thats how the originals are...
sweetdude
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sweetdude »

Zephyris wrote:Coal mine, including all 3 buildings, all 3 construction stages, the 3 animation frames and 3 piles of coal. Ground tile not included/done (has it already been made?). Tesselation of the belts/cables hasn't been tested but should be fine.

The full .blend sources and sprites zip are available at the 32bpp repo here: http://www.jupix.info/openttd/gfxdev-re ... ile&id=165

BTW, I think someone mentioned having coded the oil well sprites, are these avaiable anywhere, it would be good to put them on the repo and wiki with appropriate links and sources.
Zephyris, the Coal mine looks awesome in game. Although the idea of more smudges and a less "cleaner" look would add even more character to the building.

The oil well can be found here and was coded by Maquinista.
I don't know if it is a coding thing or something else but the oil well is not available in the Arctic and tropical climate. Same goes for the farm as well.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

The oil well sprites appear twice in the base graphics, once in the base base grf and once in the arctic base grf, therefore they will need symlinking/duplicating to appear in both climates.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

The coal piles was modified by Wacki using this file released by Slye_Fox:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=655780#p655780

I have used this file to made the coal piles:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=770332#p770332
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Xand
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xand »

Zephyris, the link http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=770332#p770332 maquinista gave, is sort of how I envision the dirty look.
Antonio1984
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Antonio1984 »

This is the first attempt to replace the house in the first picture...
inspired by the house in the second picture:
Attachments
casa.JPG
casa.JPG (69.55 KiB) Viewed 3882 times
Detached6.jpg
Detached6.jpg (48.4 KiB) Viewed 3882 times
detachedHouse.png
detachedHouse.png (59.78 KiB) Viewed 3882 times

Return to “Graphics Development”