A survey for English class.

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

A survey for English class.

Post by Killer 11 »

Could you please spare some of your time and fill this survey?
It's about computer graphics and it's 13 questions long.

Link removed. Survey is complete.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: the "/" is not my doing, it's a site glitch.
Last edited by Killer 11 on 09 Dec 2010 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: A survey for English class.

Post by planetmaker »

Some advice: the results of that questionaire are gravely biased and unusable in a statistical sense as one answer is always pre-selected. Thus you can never know whether the answer is genuine or just "don't bother" - thus the "don't bother" is not equally distributed among the choice presented. Some questions definitely could use a 4th, user-filled answer. Especially for "What do you think about usage of computer graphics in movies and TV-shows?" I'd have chosen that. I neither think computer graphics help movies in general, nor are the generally bad nor am I indifferent. They have their use cases, but definitely not everywhere, as such I can perceive it as bad or as good depending upon circumstances. Questions which ask somewhat the inverse of previous questions are missing (in order to verify that the user answers consistently and not randomly on the same subject).
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

I would deffinatly put in a more thoughts section
like for #9, i think that some computor graphics are good for movies, but then again, stunts and special effects can make them better,
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Yeah, I know this is flawed, it's my first survey though. Thanks for suggestions and for the answers.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Virtual Reality? That's rather mid 1990s sci fi isn't it?
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Actually not so much, as time goes by it becomes more and more viable and it would surely have it's uses. And since computer graphics are inseparable from the idea of virtual reality I choose to include questions relating to it.

Oh and I got plenty of answers so thanks for that. I'll be removing the link now.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

In addition, asking a specific group of people (us) makes the answers biased too :P The best way to do it is to randomly ask a few people in different places in public. If you just go to the library, that is a also a bias toward "people who go to the library"
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

I knew that and that's why I also threw this survey at another forum one that is significantly different from this one.
I got a pretty wide selection of opinions, especially on the open questions.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

just rewatched inception, that is IMO the ideal blend of real action and cgi
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Return to “Off-Topic”