JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by ISA »

romazoon wrote:"visit depot only if service needed" was not working in my case. I think, there is too much penalty caused by some complicated depot access, so train are skipping that order and so are still not renewing, unless i make a "always go to depot" + a jump order wich check age of vehicle...wich become tedious to setup.
I use "Maintain in depot" order on every train in my games and I haven't seen any issues. I also have used order "go to depot". As far as I know locomotive get serviced every time it visits depot so You may just force the train to go into it and then continue the journey. I myself make stations with smaller amount of platforms, if the platform isn't free train just waits in depot and I also know it got serviced at the same time.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

romazoon wrote:if it s difficult to separate the autorenew/repace from the "buy new vehicle", then it would be quite fine having the possibility to buy in others people depot (that function is anyway rather needed for planes (as i explained in my last post).
It's not difficult to separate them, it just doesn't make sense from a gameplay point of view to do so.
romazoon wrote:for the sake of it i tried adding depot orders, and while i though it would be a simple service order, it is not, i had to put some "jump order" to make sure train don t visit the depot each time because the "visit depot only if service needed" was not working in my case. I think, there is too much penalty caused by some complicated depot access, so train are skipping that order and so are still not renewing, unless i make a "always go to depot" + a jump order wich check age of vehicle...wich become tedious to setup.
If you put in a depot service order and the vehicle skips it, it is because it does not need to be serviced at the point in time at which the order was reached. This is not the same as not needing to be auto-renewed.
Auto-renew can take place the next time it reaches a depot service order when it does need to be serviced.
romazoon wrote:Also i understand the issue of getting some train lost because they visit wrong depot, but to not allow the train to be renewed or bought in a depot seems to be a sliightly different issue. My train regularly visit other companies depot since they are free to do so when they need it (but for nothing, they just keep failing autorenew or replace) and they rarely(to not say never) get lost. this is only due to where and how depot are setted up(exemple : a depot facing a terminus for exemple never make train lost if the exit only send train back to the terminus).
I try to avoid trains getting lost as much as possible. For longer train routes I have several depot service orders spread across the order list. I usually put them directly after leaving/passing the previous order, to minimise the impact on the timetable.
romazoon wrote:And finally, If someone would play with breakdown on, he would really be happy that trains don t have a specific depot order in their order list otherwise they would not be able to visit the nearest depot, but only the "specifics depots", wich might be very far.
I play with breakdowns on, (albeit reduced) and use specific depots for all vehicles, it should not be that significant an issue.
There is nothing stopping you currently from also adding service orders to competitors' depots, however this would then reduce the probability of any individual servicing event also being an opportunity for auto-renewal accordingly.

In terms of your request though, I may have a look at adding some company settings to control allowing other companies to buy/renew/etc vehicles in their depots, which should solve the issue, assuming that your competitor is cooperative.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

ISA wrote:In terms of your request though, I may have a look at adding some company settings to control allowing other companies to buy/renew/etc vehicles in their depots, which should solve the issue, assuming that your competitor is cooperative.
you are making me and Tin very glad for it ! we shall remain patient though ;) see you soon
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

romazoon wrote:
ISA wrote:In terms of your request though, I may have a look at adding some company settings to control allowing other companies to buy/renew/etc vehicles in their depots, which should solve the issue, assuming that your competitor is cooperative.
you are making me and Tin very glad for it ! we shall remain patient though ;) see you soon
Edit: I'm testing it now and it all seems to work fine without me having needed to do much at all.
I've added one company setting per vehicle type to enable competitors buying/renewing vehicles in this company's depots.
The only complexity is that it's less visually obvious who the owner of free wagon chains in train depots is, but that does not seem insurmountable.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Vanderbildt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vanderbildt »

Hey JGR
first off all: thanks for the work!
and here comes a wish can you please add this patch
Timetable change all staitions
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=50274
http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=136017
or is it in and i be too stupid
Thanks
bitterdevil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bitterdevil »

hey guys....where can i find the 0.8.0.diff? i'm trying to patch for multiplayer but the only files i can find are the zip files...and have no clue how to patch using msys with those :(
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Vanderbildt wrote:Hey JGR
Thanks
I'll have a look at it and see if it may be included.
bitterdevil wrote:hey guys....where can i find the 0.8.0.diff? i'm trying to patch for multiplayer but the only files i can find are the zip files...and have no clue how to patch using msys with those :(
In general, the source for all versions is available on Github.
See attached for an archive including the diff, GRFs, etc.

Do note however, that a number of moderately unpleasant bugs have been fixed since v0.8.0, so don't file a bug if you get a crash or desync.
If you need to you/the server admin can upgrade the server without impacting the current game.
Attachments
jgrpp-0.8.0.zip
Old buggy version

For use with old MP servers only.

Do not file bugs for this version.
(338.08 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
bitterdevil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bitterdevil »

Tycoon wrote:In general, the source for all versions is available on Github.
See attached for an archive including the diff, GRFs, etc.

Do note however, that a number of moderately unpleasant bugs have been fixed since v0.8.0, so don't file a bug if you get a crash or desync.
If you need to you/the server admin can upgrade the server without impacting the current game.
thx for the help. for the bugs, you are right...but i can't find any hard servers...only ones are with outdated versions :(
bitterdevil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bitterdevil »

ok, i'm dumb! i used msys and svn...and every time, i can't find the openttd exe....for msys there is one, but after i patch, it's still the vanilla version...for svn, no openttd exe file anywhere...what am i doing wrong?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

bitterdevil wrote:ok, i'm dumb! i used msys and svn...and every time, i can't find the openttd exe....for msys there is one, but after i patch, it's still the vanilla version...for svn, no openttd exe file anywhere...what am i doing wrong?
I'm not particularly familiar with MSYS, I don't do dev work on windows these days.
When I get home tonight/tomorrow I can post a binary.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
bitterdevil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bitterdevil »

JGR wrote: I'm not particularly familiar with MSYS, I don't do dev work on windows these days.
When I get home tonight/tomorrow I can post a binary.
thx....i've been looking for a 0.8.0 binary for weeks now :))
Tsylatac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tsylatac »

One thing that bugs me with this implementation of daylength is it affects some animations. Vehicles and water are fine, houses if I remember are fine, but industries and objects have their animation slowed by the day length factor. My eye candy and I would love to see this changed if possible :D

Would this be an easy fix, or would it be more of the typical daylength "if we tweak this part it breaks this other part" trouble?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

bitterdevil wrote:thx....i've been looking for a 0.8.0 binary for weeks now :))
See attached.
Tsylatac wrote:One thing that bugs me with this implementation of daylength is it affects some animations. Vehicles and water are fine, houses if I remember are fine, but industries and objects have their animation slowed by the day length factor. My eye candy and I would love to see this changed if possible :D

Would this be an easy fix, or would it be more of the typical daylength "if we tweak this part it breaks this other part" trouble?
I'll have a look but I'm not going to promise anything at this stage.
Attachments
openttd-custom-jgrpp-0.8.0-MINGW-win32.zip
Old buggy version

(12.83 MiB) Downloaded 31 times
openttd-custom-jgrpp-0.8.0-MINGW-win64.zip
Old buggy version

(13.74 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Tsylatac wrote:One thing that bugs me with this implementation of daylength is it affects some animations. Vehicles and water are fine, houses if I remember are fine, but industries and objects have their animation slowed by the day length factor. My eye candy and I would love to see this changed if possible :D

This should be done now.
Vanderbildt wrote:Hey JGR
Thanks
An equivalent implementation is now in the latest release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Vanderbildt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vanderbildt »

jep
Thanks a lot
dromer20
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dromer20 »

First of all tnx for a amazing patch! I had great fun with in on lan parties and online!

How do i get infrastructure sharing working? (it's enabled in my settings).
There is no infra sharing button in my company screen and just connecting to railroads of other companies in multiplayer also doesn't work.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

dromer20 wrote:First of all tnx for a amazing patch! I had great fun with in on lan parties and online!

How do i get infrastructure sharing working? (it's enabled in my settings).
There is no infra sharing button in my company screen and just connecting to railroads of other companies in multiplayer also doesn't work.
If "Enable sharing of railways" is on, your trains should be able to use the railways of other companies. What specifically doesn't work, does your train turn back where the tracks change ownership?
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Probably he tried to make a junction - it is impossible and intentional.
Only head-to-head connections are allowed, therefore owner have control, whenever he allow to join or not (ISR track ends are very useful now).
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
iw_shawn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by iw_shawn »

Hey JGR, I've really been enjoying your patch pack. Thanks for making putting together a great set of additions to the game.

I was wondering if you would be able to add the Rainfall River Generator to the pack, the screenshots I've seen look like it really makes a more realistic looking map.

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=71970
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

iw_shawn wrote:Hey JGR, I've really been enjoying your patch pack. Thanks for making putting together a great set of additions to the game.

I was wondering if you would be able to add the Rainfall River Generator to the pack, the screenshots I've seen look like it really makes a more realistic looking map.

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=71970
That patch is one that I've tested before and have been thinking about adding for a while, however when I last looked at it, it did not seem completely finished. There doesn't seem to be much happening lately, but at some point I'll have to have another look at it.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “OpenTTD Development”