Tim's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

timofp
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Tim's Patch Pack

Post by timofp »

romazoon wrote:very nice compilation of patches ! thanks for sharing !

one question though : why are most of existing scenario "not loadable" in your patchpack ?
So far the only scenario i was able to load in your patchpack are dating back from TTD patch and TTD !!!
Multiple patches in this patchpack store data in the savegame (scenarios are just savegames). This is why the savegame version is bumped in the patchpack and scenarios/savegames are not compatible from other versions.

As a rule of thumb with any patchpack which implements multiple high impact patches, savegames/scenarios from unpatched OTTD or other Patchpacks won't be compatible.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

timofp wrote:
romazoon wrote:very nice compilation of patches ! thanks for sharing !

one question though : why are most of existing scenario "not loadable" in your patchpack ?
So far the only scenario i was able to load in your patchpack are dating back from TTD patch and TTD !!!
Multiple patches in this patchpack store data in the savegame (scenarios are just savegames). This is why the savegame version is bumped in the patchpack and scenarios/savegames are not compatible from other versions.

As a rule of thumb with any patchpack which implements multiple high impact patches, savegames/scenarios from unpatched OTTD or other Patchpacks won't be compatible.
That is not quite true. A properly patched OpenTTD should load all savegames and scenarios created with any prior OpenTTD version, thus a patchpack should load all savegames and scenarios created with OpenTTD versions earlier than the version the patchpack was branched off. That works exactly the same way as OpenTTD ensures that it can load any savegame created with an earlier version. The reverse is true though: an unmodified OpenTTD will never load savegames and scenarios from a patched version with additional data stored in the savegame.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

my guess would be that you improperly set the minimum version for some of the patches you included. don't just change settings.ini, some patches also add savegame stuff in other pieces of the saveload code, notably the afterloadgame function, and the functions to handle custom chunks.
jimmydanny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimmydanny »

ETA on automated timetables and automated vehicle separation?
Intel Core i7-3930K @ 4,0GHz, 16GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970, Intel 530 SSD
timofp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by timofp »

Eddi wrote:my guess would be that you improperly set the minimum version for some of the patches you included. don't just change settings.ini, some patches also add savegame stuff in other pieces of the saveload code, notably the afterloadgame function, and the functions to handle custom chunks.
Thank you for the feedback. I will take a look at the different code changes which affected the minimumversion to come up with the correct number. In this release, I took the highest number of the different patches.
jimmydanny wrote:ETA on automated timetables and automated vehicle separation?
I should have some time in the upcoming weekend to have a look at it.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

timofp wrote:
Eddi wrote:my guess would be that you improperly set the minimum version for some of the patches you included. don't just change settings.ini, some patches also add savegame stuff in other pieces of the saveload code, notably the afterloadgame function, and the functions to handle custom chunks.
Thank you for the feedback. I will take a look at the different code changes which affected the minimumversion to come up with the correct number. In this release, I took the highest number of the different patches.
that approach is probably wrong. it's basically irrelevant what's in the patches, because they were made for widely different versions of the game, and have to be adapted anyway.

since you based this patchpack on 1.5.0, you need to make sure that any patches you include will get a higher minimum version than the one 1.5.0 has. then and only then will you be able to load 1.5.0 (and earlier) savegames/scenarios.

you should probably take a closer look at how the savegame version system is intended to work. putting random numbers in and hoping it will work probably is not the right approach.
sziha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sziha »

Hi Timofp!

Firstly thank you for making the new Patch Pack. I haven't been able to try it out yet, but it looks great!

The problem I'm getting happens on mac osx 10.10.
After resolving 3 compile erros while executing 'make' command I am a linking error that looks like that: https://paste.openttdcoop.org/pqpfv26cz

I got some help with that compile errors on the chat, but after spending couple hours I was wondering if you could provide on the forum the combined .diff file so I can apply the patch by myself and hopefully avoid the errors.

I really appreciate your help! Thanks in advance :)
I have my own Screenshot Topic! :o (!YaY!)
huub007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by huub007 »

Nice pack, but I do have a few requests:

Would it be possible to add bilbo's extra large maps patch and cargo ditribution patch?

thx in advance

Huub
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

CargoDist has been part of mainstream OpenTTD since 1.4.0, and larger maps have been mainstream OpenTTD since 1.5.0. They're already in.
huub007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by huub007 »

The maps in 1.5.1 are only up to 4000 x 4000, I want 8000 x 4000.
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

Is there a way to disable the measurement tool? It seems to be hijacking the 'r' button when I'm trying to remove signals.
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

Also can you please release the source in a sane format, RAR seems to strip executable flags.
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
XaTriX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by XaTriX »

Is that pack stable for multiplayer ? No desync ? At heavy traffic ?

Thanks !

XaT
brewski6627
Engineer
Engineer

Post by brewski6627 »

:bow: Any news on the 32-Bit version ? :bow:
lamerski
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lamerski »

Can You added copy/paste patch and change maximum day lenght factor for 255?
I always looking for new patch pack with day lenght day factor for maximum and coverage area and copy paste.... and signals in tunnels
- and more newgrf.... But that its too much for people whos compile.

Thenk you very much - for another version.

lamerski
bouchacha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bouchacha »

I really like this pack! Is there any way to disable the Expand town button in-game? It feels like an always-on cheat button.
Streckenläufer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Streckenläufer »

Hello timofp, thanks for the cool patch pack, it does well, but I miss traffic lights for the city.
Is this the next time you pack it?
MfG Streckenläufer
OpenTTD V1.7.1, r27930 - Trafficlight - Bridge/tunnel Signals - Watertunnel - HousePlacing - SeaplaneAirport - Clipboard - Win7 64bit - MinGW/msys
!Sorry for my google English translator!

Return to “OpenTTD Development”