TT Meet 2015 planning - Utrecht? [VOTE ON DATES]

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

When could you make it to a meet in Utrecht?

23rd/24th May
18%
30th/31st May
18%
6th/7th June
18%
13th/14th June
19%
20th/21st June
26%

Total votes: 77

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT Meet 2015 planning - Amsterdam?

Post by Redirect Left »

Personally I'd be more up for a trip to Hamburg in Germany, and a group visit to Miniatur Wunderland, but thats just me...
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

May I in that case shamelessly plug Madurodam? It is home to the largest miniature railway in the Netherlands, with a track length of around 4 km. It's not in Amsterdam though, but easily reached from there by train (but bear in mind that Dutch trains aren't what you'd call cheap).
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Considering the fact many people would have to travel to Netherlands presumably by air, I'd suggest trying to keep the cost of any activities as low as possible. Your shameless plug does sound interesting though.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Seems that one can get entrance for like 12..15€ into that and it does sound interesting to me. From my experience in the Hamburg Miniaturwunderland, a day inside it was nearly not quite enough - and this looks similarily interesting.

On the other hand I'll be similarily happy to just have a joint walk (or maybe even guide tour) through the town whereever we meet or whatever :) After all, on the OpenTTD meetings we also just had food and drinks and fun and only a small walk in a park or brief tour through town the other day - and I very much enjoyed those two I hosted ;)
Dave

Post by Dave »

If I'm in Amsterdam, I just want to get blazed in a cafe. In every sense. 18+ only
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

planetmaker wrote:Seems that one can get entrance for like 12..15€ into that and it does sound interesting to me. From my experience in the Hamburg Miniaturwunderland, a day inside it was nearly not quite enough - and this looks similarily interesting.

On the other hand I'll be similarily happy to just have a joint walk (or maybe even guide tour) through the town whereever we meet or whatever :) After all, on the OpenTTD meetings we also just had food and drinks and fun and only a small walk in a park or brief tour through town the other day - and I very much enjoyed those two I hosted ;)
The UK meets have tended to involve a meet in a pub, some food and drink, and then a relatively straightforward activity of some sort, then usually back to the pub. So something along those lines would probably be good, although of course if some of the people attending want to go out and see or do other things, that can be arranged.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Dave wrote:If I'm in Amsterdam, I just want to get blazed in a cafe. In every sense. 18+ only
Agreed
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I've added a poll for potential dates. Please vote as appropriate, selecting as many dates as you think you can make.

You may wish to investigate air fares, hotel rates, etc, if appropriate at this time too. (For me, the 30th/31st May would actually be best, price-wise.)

If we do hold the meet in the Netherlands, I will likely fly in early on the Saturday morning and leave late on Sunday, and I imagine those of us coming from further afield would want to stay for two days at least. We can plan a more concrete schedule nearer the time of course.
Chrill

Re: TT Meet 2015 planning - Utrecht? [VOTE ON DATES]

Post by Chrill »

Are we going to Utrecht now?
My Scenarios:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, Utrecht is only half an hour away from Amsterdam it seems (well, the airport at any rate). So we could easily enough do stuff in Amsterdam and Utrecht. People could stay overnight wherever they wish - we could stay in Amsterdam and take a day trip out to Utrecht, or vice versa. But it sounds like there might be some nice things we can see in Utrecht. That's not to say we wouldn't do anything anywhere else either. :)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Fair enough. The fare is pretty cheap from Stockholm-Amsterdam so I've voted for the weeks I'm available. Simple as :)
My Scenarios:
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

orudge wrote:I've added a poll for potential dates.
Are you sure that Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday are the appropriate weekdays?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Oops. It seems I was a month off with my dates. I've updated the descriptions - you can edit your votes if need be.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

If it is in the Netherlands, I might join, but that is if nothing else pops up on the selected date.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
DarkUk
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DarkUk »

I'll have to keep an eye on this, would be good to see everyone again :)
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

I am so in. And I live in Hilversum, only a 20-minute train-shaped-stones' throw from Utrecht, so someone can crash there if need be. There's 2 couches and all.
Redirect Left wrote:Personally I'd be more up for a trip to Hamburg in Germany, and a group visit to Miniatur Wunderland, but thats just me...
Despite my wish to go to Miniatur Wunderland myself I know that they have pretty strange opening times, and you can only visit for a certain period of time - mainly because of waiting times at the entrance. Perhaps a visit to Railz Miniworld in Rotterdam a day after the meet would satisfy your model train needs, for instance?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

If its around Rotterdam I may pop-up. (Don't use pop-up blockers...)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

So, if we had a meet on Saturday the 30th of May (or possibly 23rd) in Utrecht, visiting the Railway Museum, going to a pub, and doing other meety things, with the option of folk then coming along to Rotterdam on the 31st (or 24th) to perhaps visit Railz Miniworld (and go to a pub and do other meety things), would that be good for everyone? Obviously if you could only make one of the two days, that's fine - if you can make both, even better.
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

I'd much prefer the 30th as the 24th is my b-day.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-Topic”