Huge Airports Automatically Closing

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Diamond42
Engineer
Engineer

Huge Airports Automatically Closing

Post by Diamond42 »

Hey Everyone!

I'm having a problem which is having a huge efffect on my enjoyment of this great, great game. Im playing the Spring patch, I think its by far the most comprehensive and well rounded relese.

Hpowever, when using the largest airport, the circle airport, I have found that the airport will often close itself. I have to change players to the owner of that airport, and then un close it. Sometimes it just opens on its own also :-/

Has anyone else experienced this? I've posted in the spring patch board, but I think it may be an issue with the close-airports patch? Hopefully there is a quick fix!

Ive attached a screenshot below. It can be very frustrating when the planes just queue because the airport has closed itself!

Thanks all,

Diamond42

:-)
Attachments
Example!
Example!
Untitled.png (250.55 KiB) Viewed 174 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Huge Airports Automatically Closing

Post by planetmaker »

OpenTTD has had no reports on the 'close airports' thing not working. So this most likely is an issue with the patch pack you use.
cirdan
Director
Director

Post by cirdan »

The open status for an airport is stored as a bit in the movement block bitmask; in fact, closing an airport is just like marking all landing runways as busy. If there is an (undetected) merge conflict when applying several patches together and this bit value is reused, the airport will seem to open and close on its own as the aliased block is used.
Diamond42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Diamond42 »

Many thanks for the replies guys!

Cirdan I've PM'd you on the subject.

Thanks again!

M
cirdan
Director
Director

Post by cirdan »

I have taken a look at the patch pack diff, as posted by kamnet, and there is an enum conflict indeed, since value 63 is used both by TERM20_block and AIRPORT_CLOSED_block, so you will see the airport "close" itself when a certain terminal is in use. The fix is to move one of these two values to a different, free one. You should contact whoever maintains this patch pack and raise this issue with them.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”