Spring 2013 Patch Pack - English Help (Updated 02/23/2017)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Spring 2013 Patch Pack - English Help (Updated 12/03/201

Post by Alberth »

The correct approach to your question is:
a) Build a spring deb package from the patch pack sources,
b) uninstall the normal openttd package, and
c) install your spring package.

Bluntly overwriting files belonging to some package will cause problems in the sense that the package manager gets confused that files have suddenly changed which are not supposed to be modified. No idea what will happen, I avoid that situation.
For example, I have no openttd package installed at all. I have a set of directories in my home directory holding the various versions, compiling them from source as needed.

I am quite confused as why you want to mess with files owned by the package manager. Surely that cannot be the right answer to your question. Let's go one step back. Can you explain what you want to achieve in the end (ie what do you want, that makes it necessary to overwrite the openttd files)?

Your question sounds like you had a problem, you picked a way to solve the problem, and now you're asking questions about problems with the solution, instead of discussing your original problem. It seems likely there are other/better ways to handle the original problem than using the solution you have in mind.

Last but not least, your question is not exactly at the right spot. Here, OpenTTD in all its forms is discussed. We talk about signals, trains, bridges, etc, stuff *inside* the openttd program. Your question is about openttd package files as part of a debian/ubuntu/linux distro, that is, about file organization at a linux file system in a linux distro. While there are people around here that know a few things about it, the real experts are in a forum about your linux distro.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
sviridovt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sviridovt »

kamnet wrote:
Valle wrote:I have to admit that I am a player who changes his NewGRF list in-game. I'd be surprised if pathfinder problems were caused by that, though.
If that's the case, then it's likely impossible for the author to track down the issue. Typically patch pack authors won't even waste their time if a save game has been altered in the middle of play.
I am having the same issue on the latest verison, with no NewGRF's added in-game. I've had the problem and switching from YAPF to the other one did the trick for me until recently when I added a new trunk line, after which my entire train network is getting lost (even those which dont utilize the new line). Here is my save for anyone who's interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mm5gj8bzo88mq ... 7.sav?dl=0
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Does anyone know if its possible to change daylength while running a game? I ment to start with a longer day but forgot to set the daylength factor and now I'm stuck at a daylength of 1, and even though I'm starting from 1750, playing on a huge 2048x2048 map I want all the time I can get to play with it.

So is there a console command or any other way I can change the daylength while ingame, as the setting is greyed out ingame and wont let me change it.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
pi1985
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pi1985 »

No, this is NewGameOnly setting.
Changing this setting may cause zero industry production, so I desided to make this.
If you need to change day length ingame, you need to recompile game.
Modify this place in settings.ini:

Code: Select all

[SDT_VAR]
base     = GameSettings
var      = economy.day_length_factor
type     = SLE_UINT8
guiflags = SGF_NEWGAME_ONLY
from     = SL_SPRING_2013_v2_0_102
def      = 1
min      = 1
max      = 255
str      = STR_CONFIG_SETTING_DAY_LENGTH_FACTOR
strhelp  = STR_CONFIG_SETTING_DAY_LENGTH_FACTOR_HELPTEXT
strval   = STR_JUST_COMMA
cat      = SC_PATCHES
Just remove guiflags = SGF_NEWGAME_ONLY and recompile game.
Next start compiled game, load save and you can change day length in Advanced Settings.
Image.
Bene
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bene »

play 2.2.182.

why vehicle's departure is not show the minute?
i mean, vehicle's departure is show the date. not minute...
is the bug? ?(

(im not english user. :oops: )
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

there should be a setting for that.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

pi1985 wrote:No, this is NewGameOnly setting.
Changing this setting may cause zero industry production, so I desided to make this.
If you need to change day length ingame, you need to recompile game.
Modify this place in settings.ini:

Code: Select all

[SDT_VAR]
base     = GameSettings
var      = economy.day_length_factor
type     = SLE_UINT8
guiflags = SGF_NEWGAME_ONLY
from     = SL_SPRING_2013_v2_0_102
def      = 1
min      = 1
max      = 255
str      = STR_CONFIG_SETTING_DAY_LENGTH_FACTOR
strhelp  = STR_CONFIG_SETTING_DAY_LENGTH_FACTOR_HELPTEXT
strval   = STR_JUST_COMMA
cat      = SC_PATCHES
Just remove guiflags = SGF_NEWGAME_ONLY and recompile game.
Next start compiled game, load save and you can change day length in Advanced Settings.
I wish I could do that but because I'm on Windows, I won't be able to recompile, as i've never ever been sucessful at compiling code for anything, especially OpenTTD, that requires libraries and dll's and all sorts of tweaks and special stuff. I'll follow instructions to the T and I still get errors and thus no compiled binary. This has been going on since Windows XP/Vista era for me.

Linux on the other hand, it wasn't that hard for me to recompile stuff in terminal, in fact it was easy for me versus trying to use Visual Studio or Mini-what ever for windows.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
pi1985
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pi1985 »

Bene wrote:play 2.2.182.

why vehicle's departure is not show the minute?
i mean, vehicle's departure is show the date. not minute...
is the bug? ?(

(im not english user. :oops: )
Discovered this yesterday in my own game.
Not a feature, of cource.
Image.
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

What causes production of passengers & mail to increase hundred fold when playing multiplayer? It didn't used to happen, but it's been occurring in the last few versions of SPP. It makes it unplayable. Passengers will explode, piling up tens of thousands at every station within a year or so.
pi1985
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pi1985 »

Mizari wrote:What causes production of passengers & mail to increase hundred fold when playing multiplayer? It didn't used to happen, but it's been occurring in the last few versions of SPP. It makes it unplayable. Passengers will explode, piling up tens of thousands at every station within a year or so.
This is because of daylength patch bug. It fine works in singleplayer, but in multiplayer cause a desync. Known solution for it makes multiplayer unplayable at all. That's why in network game passengers and mail generated like you playing with day length eq 1. Try to set town cargo generation factor to smaller values.
Image.
pi1985
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pi1985 »

NekoMaster wrote: I wish I could do that but because I'm on Windows, I won't be able to recompile, as i've never ever been sucessful at compiling code for anything, especially OpenTTD, that requires libraries and dll's and all sorts of tweaks and special stuff. I'll follow instructions to the T and I still get errors and thus no compiled binary. This has been going on since Windows XP/Vista era for me.

Linux on the other hand, it wasn't that hard for me to recompile stuff in terminal, in fact it was easy for me versus trying to use Visual Studio or Mini-what ever for windows.
I can't make windows build now, but if you want I may set daylength in your save for you. Making this change take a five minutes of work with rebuild.
In windows MinWG is the best to make OTTD. But only win32 builds. Visual Studio is too slow for me.
Image.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Spring 2013 Patch Pack - English Help (Updated 12/03/2014)

Post by sunshare »

You can use the version 2.1.143 as dedicated server?
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

What causes this?
Attachments
crashbgf.png
crashbgf.png (483.37 KiB) Viewed 879 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

I was looking through the code recently and noticed a multiplayer bug in the "wait for cargo order" feature.
The wait counter for vehicles with wait for cargo orders is updated when cargo is loaded, to the product of the value of the setting 'cargo_wait_time' and 'DATE_UNIT_SIZE'.
'DATE_UNIT_SIZE' is a macro which expands to a conditional on the 'time_in_minutes' client display setting, which is not synchronised between network clients. Hence clients which are displaying the time in minutes will desync with those which display the time in days if wait for cargo orders are used.
For reference in v2.2.192 the key lines are on src/economy.cpp:1900 and src/date_type.h:36, though the bug seems to be present in the v2.0/v2.1 versions as well.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Rapf1997
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rapf1997 »

Dudes :) the Spring Patch wont work on my Macbook :( Please i need help :)

kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Rapf1997 wrote:Dudes :) the Spring Patch wont work on my Macbook :( Please i need help :)

"Won't work" is invalid.

Try telling us something useful, such as:
* What version of the patch pack are you using?
* Are you using a pre-compiled version, or did you compile it yourself?
* If you compiled it yourself, did you get any warnings?
* When you start the game, are there any errors?
* What specific errors are you encountering?
* If there are error messages, what specifically does the message say?
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

I've been using Version 2.1.143 for some time, and I am quite happy with it, but I noticed there is an updated version, Version 2.2.182.

I wisely made a backup before trying to upgrade, and it doesn't seem to want to load my old savegave (invalid chunk size).

Are the two versions just too far apart to allow loading of a save from the old one into the new? Or is there something I am missing?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

SquireJames wrote:I've been using Version 2.1.143 for some time, and I am quite happy with it, but I noticed there is an updated version, Version 2.2.182.

I wisely made a backup before trying to upgrade, and it doesn't seem to want to load my old savegave (invalid chunk size).

Are the two versions just too far apart to allow loading of a save from the old one into the new? Or is there something I am missing?
Try using the 2.1 -> 2.2 converter. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/emb1vdfqc6rj ... 1-2.2?dl=0
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

Thanks I'll give that a go
sziha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sziha »

Rapf1997 wrote:Dudes :) the Spring Patch wont work on my Macbook :( Please i need help :)

Hello everyone,

as I've written on this forum some time ago, (I've written it here - previous page!! - ==> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 0#p1150744)
(with the huge help of admins available on chat - to whom I'm very very grateful^^) I have successfully compiled this patch on my mac and I'm enjoying it a lot since then. I used binaries for 2.2.192 version that as far as I remember are available on the Dropbox website (mentioned somewhere in the beginning of this thread).

Unfortunately wiki page is incorrect about how to compile it (I was using OSX 10.10 with most up to date Xcode (6.3 I believe)), I have plans to amend it, but I don't have time for that right now...

I just compressed main folder of OpenTTD with this patch pack into one .zip file. Once you unzip it, you can put it anywhere, but you might have to download sounds and graphics and put it in your Documents/OpenTTD folder (just like you would do with any other version).

For sure I'm not an expert on this, so if something is not right, let me know and good luck! :)
Attachments
OpenTTD Spring 2.2.192 - Mac.zip
(7.19 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
I have my own Screenshot Topic! :o (!YaY!)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”