Spring 2013 Patch Pack - English Help (Updated 02/23/2017)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

zgrillo2004
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD Spring 2013 Patch Pack - English Help Topic

Post by zgrillo2004 »

planetmaker wrote:
zgrillo2004 wrote:Is it possible to add a patch that can disable the cashtill sound when receiving income? it gets repetitive to hear consistently
Just create a NewGRF which overwrites that sound with a quiet one and declare that NewGRF static.

Or simply disable sounds.
Sorry to say but I dont know how to make a NewGRF. besides the guy who made YAPP added the option to disable the cashtill sound. thats why I was asking earlier
natho123
Engineer
Engineer

Post by natho123 »

Hi I can't get the NightGFX to work with this patch pack
this is what it look like when i try to play it
Attachments
NightGFX not working.png
(541.84 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

natho123 wrote:Hi I can't get the NightGFX to work with this patch pack
this is what it look like when i try to play it
Try without NewGRFs. You use more than I care to count and pretty sure it's one of those which re-defines the tiles, thus eleminates the night look.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Yep. If you're using NightGFX you cannot use ANY other NewGRFs which introduce new or alternate graphics. NightGFX is based on the base OpenGFX graphics, default industries and vehicles. Compatibility with NightGFX will require NewGRF authors to release compatible sets.
natho123
Engineer
Engineer

Post by natho123 »

thanks for the help planetmaker and kamnet
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

Just tried to play multiplayer with a friend for some hours:
desync with most of the available versions after 0-500 sec :(

Last test was with v2.1.143: desync 1 second after my friend connected.
The other versions weren't better...

Is there a multiplayer-stable Spring Patch Pack version?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

2.0.143 was just released yesterday. YOu may want to send Pi1985 a PM with details, since he's put a lot of work into correcting the desyncs.

Just a thought though - have you changed the Daylength setting, and if so, what is it set to?
Tonga
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tonga »

Hi everyone, hi pi1985,

first of all I'd like to say thank you for the big effort in improving the OpenTTD experience and taking it to another level! I loved Chill's Patch pack, however it became outdated - so the Spring PP really fills the gap and comes with wonderful own features. Thank you!

I usually build huge, complex passenger train-networks with integrated timetables. Therefore, the exact timing of each train is essential. However, with the brand-new version 2.1.143, I've noticed a discrepancy between the calculated total time for timetables and the true travelling and stopping times. The total time seems to be usually calculated as true travelling time + stops + 1 minute. This leads to syncing problems of different lines that meet in a train station.

For clarification purposes, please see the attached image, thanks!

I have set my OpenTTD to 100 ticks per minute, which was fine in earlier versions of the Spring Patch Pack.
Is there anything that could be responsible for this?
Attachments
timetable.png
timetable.png (274.47 KiB) Viewed 4124 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

try showing the time in ticks (in advanced settings), and compare. might be a rounding issue
Tonga
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tonga »

Hi Eddi,

thanks for your answer! Unfortunately I only have the option "show time in minutes rather than days", but following your advice, I started combing the advanced options for new settings or at least those that I had not yet been aware of. One of these was "Automatically managed timetables", described as "Automatically add, remove and adjust times and entries in timetables", which was switched on by default. Reading the description, I find this setting quite intrusive, quite like "Use timetable to ensure vehicle separation" which I had already turned off before. :?

Switching the managed timetables off brought back the timetable I was used to. Everything seems fine now, the times shown are correct again. :))
Jyratos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jyratos »

Hi everyone,
pi1985, thank you for doing this patchpack and keeping it up to date. The only thing that I don't like is the daylenght patch. Compared to ChillPP and YAPP, the production of industries don't change when I change the day lenght. If this patch is modified, I think I will play SprinPP more often.
michall
Engineer
Engineer

Post by michall »

Hi all,
first of all, thanks pi1985 for this patch pack! :bow:

I feel the same issue as Jyratos, the production rate is way too slow, if there would be a way to set up production as other patches do, that would be perfect.
If anyone would have any info for noob like me how to change it, that'd be great too. I am running default ticks per minute and 8x day length but the production remains on 1x day length level (e.g. oil well produces some 116k to 200k oil per month). I am also running pi1985' s FIRS.

I am total newbie who tried to compile anything for the first time of my life, since the vanilla game is running too quick for me and I miss automated timetables too much.
If pi1985 would implement auto naming of group sin upcoming release (unless I am missing how it works now) then this patch would be flawless IMO.

tl;dr great job on patch, need advice how to ramp up initial production.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

kamnet wrote:I'm starting this discussion topic for individuals who are trying out the OpenTTD Spring 2013 Patch Pack (also an English Translation) created by PI1985 on the TTD Russia forums. I think it might be easier to discuss it in English here rather than clutter up the Russian-speaking forums with requests for help. I'm letting the author know of the thread here, and possibly them or others will be able to assist over here.

The download directory with the latest files is always here.
Hi Kamnet,

Sorry to be an absolute n00b on this.

How exactly do I get the Spring Patch Pack? The repository is full of .apk files. Are there any windows binaries anywhere?

Thanks,

Swiss
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

He's not done the bestest job with making his repository easy to use, but that's okay. I can go modify the first post.

Latest source code, and binaries for both Windows and Linux are here: http://is.gd/dXKfc4
And an experimental Android release is here: http://is.gd/TI7OMw
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I definitely thought I had sent that post as a private message! Oh well. That's much clearer now, thank you.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
kamnet

[Spring 2013 PP] Birth of an Empire Scenario Template

Post by kamnet »

For those who may be interested, I have created a scenario for the Spring 2013 Patch Pack, Birth of an Empire. Testing and feedback appreciated!
Kamzik911
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kamzik911 »

Hi everybody. This patch is great, but i have one problem. When i set day length factor, game lag for few seconds in this change.
Roslav
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Roslav »

Hi there, nice patchpack, but Im having problems with cost for repairing vehicle. Turning "Pay for repairing vehicle off" does not work and I pay price half the vehicle value (2 breakdowns, 70% rel, base rel is 80%) for some road vehicles, even when repair cost is set to 1/256.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Why doesnt the daylength factor have an effect on cargo output? Previous Daylength patches I've used would output more cargo but less often to keep up with the longer days. With the daylength patch in here, it takes much much longer to fill up a vehicle, especially trains, and especially if the days are very looong
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

Hi

I know this is a weird question but here goes

Does anyone have a build of this using a recent trunk code? (Tried this week to get my build pc running again but it seems to have died completely, thus ...)

For winxp

Return to “OpenTTD Development”