Spring 2013 Patch Pack - English Help (Updated 02/23/2017)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Re: OpenTTD Spring 2013 Patch Pack - English Help Topic

Post by te_lanus »

OK just a question (or bug)

is this normal? The Officail Patchpack build from here: http://is.gd/dXKfc4 I get the Following:

Road vehicles seems to loose their name (mostly Ikarus (5.3 and 6, tested with both) and Long Vehicle V4
Attachments
Maria Ried am Wagram Transport, 20ste Jan 2000.png
(351.37 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

does this also happen if you switch to english?
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

Eddi wrote:does this also happen if you switch to english?
Jip it does :(
Attachments
Cobrook%20Transport,%206th%20Feb%202000.png
(114.87 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I've had this happen to me on occasion, and it is typically the result of poory-coded NewGRFs conflicting with each other. Changing the order the NewGRFs load in may resolve the issue. Restricting the number of NewGRFs you use will certainly help.
FreeZeee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FreeZeee »

Hi, can anyone tell me why when I'm moving in game it's so laggy? In normal OTTD 1.4.1 it's ok
Notebook specs:
Intel core i5 3210M
nVidia GT640m
8GB Ram
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

How big of a map are you playing? What NewGRFs do you have loaded? How many vehicles are you using? Is CargoDist enabled and how many industry links do you have active if it is? Are you running a lot of ships? Is the executable running on your first core, or another? What other processes are running on that core as well? How much free memory do you have?

As a comparison, I play on both a Quad Core Q6600 w/ 3 GB RAM and an i3 w/ 6 GB RAM, typically on 2048^2 maps loaded with NewGRFs and thousands of vehicles, and I've yet to experience any lag.

It might be helpful if you upload a save game for somebody to look at.
FreeZeee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FreeZeee »

1028x1028
newgrfs http://i.imgur.com/pAc42HT.png
175 Trains and 86 Road vehicles, no ships, no planes
CargoDist is disabled
And I don't know, how I find out which processes running on which core?

Here is save - https://www.dropbox.com/s/xb745nidrr1y5 ... 4.sav?dl=0
In normal game it's all fine, only in pack it's laggy.
Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ylFDv ... e=youtu.be

Thanks for help :)
And sorry for my english :oops:
Mojhave
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mojhave »

Hi, there is an option for altering the city cargo generation (passengers and mail) but not for the primary industrial cargo generation (i play with FIRS). It seems to me, that the daylength patch used doesn't change the production rate. I play with a daylenth of 10 and farms etc still only produce around 30-40 tons of cargo per month.

Help anyone? Thnx!!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The link for your save is broken, There are a bunch of ***** characters in it.
Mojhave wrote:Hi, there is an option for altering the city cargo generation (passengers and mail) but not for the primary industrial cargo generation (i play with FIRS). It seems to me, that the daylength patch used doesn't change the production rate. I play with a daylenth of 10 and farms etc still only produce around 30-40 tons of cargo per month.
This is a known bug in the version of Daylength patch that is used. The author has been notified but there likely won't be a fix for awhile. If you're wanting to increase your FIRS production, make sure that you're providing your farm with the required farming supplies for a 2x-4x boost in production.
FreeZeee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FreeZeee »

Heh, I know where is problem with link now. Manager's name is Květoslav Ba*tard, so company is "Ba*tards Company" :D (In Czech language it isn't vulgar)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffig9bw8l36jd ... e.sav?dl=0
Logital82
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Logital82 »

Thank you for your great patch pack. :bow:

Can anyone tell me how a can switch the station rating between normal and always 100%?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Logital82 wrote:Thank you for your great patch pack. :bow:

Can anyone tell me how a can switch the station rating between normal and always 100%?
Thats in FIRS parameters, Theres normal, favorable, and always 100%, I usually go for favorable (the middle option) so that its a tad bit easier
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Diamond42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Diamond42 »

Hey Team,

Great work on this patch, I think its by far the most comprehensive and well rounded relese yet!

Just a quick question, when using the largest airport, the circle airport, I have found that the airport will often close itself. I have to change players to the owner of that airport, and then un close it. Sometimes it just opens on its own also :-/

Has anyone else experienced this? Ive attached a screenshot below. It can be very frustrating when the planes just queue because the airport has closed itself!

Thanks all,

Diamond42

:-)
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
Untitled.png (250.55 KiB) Viewed 659 times
Mojhave
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mojhave »

Hi, has anyone got the built from 2014 to run in multiplayer? I am trying and all my friend gets is a desync problem even without having any GRFs.

Thx
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

Mojhave wrote:Hi, has anyone got the built from 2014 to run in multiplayer? I am trying and all my friend gets is a desync problem even without having any GRFs.

Thx
I have run it in MP. Occasionally it is stable for some time, but it quickly gets unstable and desync as soon as game is unpaused, this being the most common, unfortunately.
Mojhave
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mojhave »

Is there a recent PatchPack (with daylength) to play somewhat stable in multiplayer?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i hear the reddit patchpack has daylength, and is frequently used in multiplayer.
Diamond42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Diamond42 »

Hey guys,

With cirdans help we have found the source of the large airports automatically closing bug with the spring patch pack.
I have taken a look at the patch pack diff, as posted by kamnet, and there is an enum conflict indeed, since value 63 is used both by TERM20_block and AIRPORT_CLOSED_block, so you will see the airport "close" itself when a certain terminal is in use. The fix is to move one of these two values to a different, free one. You should contact whoever maintains this patch pack and raise this issue with them.
Is anyone (maybe Kamnet?) able to contact the maintainers of this patch to see if they can rectify this, should be a quick fix!

Thanks guys!
Diamond42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Diamond42 »

Hey guys,

With cirdans help we have found the source of the large airports automatically closing bug with the spring patch pack.
I have taken a look at the patch pack diff, as posted by kamnet, and there is an enum conflict indeed, since value 63 is used both by TERM20_block and AIRPORT_CLOSED_block, so you will see the airport "close" itself when a certain terminal is in use. The fix is to move one of these two values to a different, free one. You should contact whoever maintains this patch pack and raise this issue with them.
Is anyone (maybe Kamnet?) able to contact the maintainers of this patch to see if they can rectify this, should be a quick fix!

Thanks guys!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Pi1985 is aware of the issues and is currently working on an update to the patch pack, including using a newer nightly.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”