Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Post by DC-1 »

YAPP 3.0-RC3 - Yet Another Patch Pack v3.0-RC3 for openttd-1.3.2

Changes since 3.0-RC2:
  • + fixed linux-win32 binary compatibility (sorry :roll: )
    + Land buying extension
    + Change to station rating with slow vehicles
    + More height level (no flickering - copied from Spring Patch Pack)
    + Fences on/off
    + Close adjacent level crossings
    & first YAPP update which compatible with the latest version :->
Major patches: Minor patches: Fancy patches: Some little changes:
  • Faster road reconstruction
    Statusbar height was increased by 2px to display big letters correctly with hungarian (or other) accents.
Small bugs:
  • Trip history can't handle minutes and it always calculates in days.
    Town rating colours shows red labels incorrectly for the first month of the game.
    Industry station names can generate 2 nearby stations with the same name.
    There is no preview of huge airports in building menu when you don't use the hugeairports grf. Apart from this you can still build a fully working huge airport.
    Cargo related conditional orders is available for trains & road vehicles only.
    Town window shows wrong summary of passengers and mails.
    Patches Refit & TBTR are disabled in multiplayer to avoid desync.

I recommend to play YACD with Neighbours are important or Real growth gamescript to avoid a lot of PAX too quickly.
Attachments
openttd-1.3.2-DC3.0RC3.diff.gz
OpenTTD-1.3.2-DC3.0RC3 diff against the 1.3.2 source
(500.51 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
openttd-1.3.2-DC3.0RC3_i686.tar.bz2
OpenTTD-1.3.2-DC3.0RC3 binary for linux i686
(4.9 MiB) Downloaded 530 times
openttd-1.3.2-DC3.0RC3_win32.zip
OpenTTD-1.3.2-DC3.0RC3 binary for win32
(5.78 MiB) Downloaded 3245 times
Last edited by DC-1 on 23 Nov 2013 17:38, edited 31 times in total.
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Yet Another Patch Pack based on YACD

Post by TinyMusic »

No subway? :wink:

It will be interesting if someone merge subways and cargod*st, since it will make urban transport more fun and realistic to play.
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

UseYourIllusion wrote:No subway? :wink:

It will be interesting if someone merge subways and cargod*st, since it will make urban transport more fun and realistic to play.
Okie! You design a good looking metro station, I'll make the merge. :->
(Then I have to change the name of patchpack in one version: The First Underground PatchPack. ;-)
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

UseYourIllusion: as you wish: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=65526

I'm still waiting for a cool special station grf. ;->
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Hmm ... about that yellow square ... what version of the GRF are you using? Sounds to me like you are using the one found in on e of the first posts.
I had a quick look at the code and you are indeed using the last version of the patch (my update to it) but maybe not the correct version of the GRF.
My code removed the debugging square you are seeing but I also uploaded a NewGRF where the debugging sprites are removed and the sprites changed to the DOS palette.

The easiest way to get these Newgrf is to download my patchpack and have a look in the data folder there, sources are included there too normally.

As for naming your patchpack ... maybe use a more general one and only change version nr?
People will know what is in it anyway after a little while and you changing the name of it every once in a while will only confuse people in the end. ;)

ps:
The data folder is obsolete ... you should adjust the code to have the GRF in the base set folder instead. ;)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

ChillCore wrote:Hmm ... about that yellow square ... what version of the GRF are you using? Sounds to me like you are using the one found in on e of the first posts.
I had a quick look at the code and you are indeed using the last version of the patch (my update to it) but maybe not the correct version of the GRF.
My code removed the debugging square you are seeing but I also uploaded a NewGRF where the debugging sprites are removed and the sprites changed to the DOS palette.

The easiest way to get these Newgrf is to download my patchpack and have a look in the data folder there, sources are included there too normally.
Wow, thanx! It worked. :)
ChillCore wrote:As for naming your patchpack ... maybe use a more general one and only change version nr?
People will know what is in it anyway after a little while and you changing the name of it every once in a while will only confuse people in the end. ;)
First time i didn't wanna name of the patch pack, it's made for private use. But more and more people asked me to play the latest stable with the most important patches. I don't wanna beat your very big and recently updated patch pack, so i'll rename it when i'm going to update it seriously.
ChillCore wrote: ps:
The data folder is obsolete ... you should adjust the code to have the GRF in the base set folder instead. ;)
thx #2 :roll:
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Glad that it is fixed this easily. ;)

There is no competition here on tt-forums for the biggest, best, most awesome patchpack.
There is the hardpack too and we have always lived very happily next to eachother ... we even shared code at some point (I used some of Vaulter's code and he used some of mine).

I still make some adjustments to my own from time to time in gratitude to the people that have helped me getting as far as I did and are still playing with it, but I am really far behind trunk and it does not look like I will be getting any closer any time soon.

I am happy to see a patchpack against YACD ... I have been asked for something like this very often but I do not fell like maintaining two patchpacks to be honest.
So go for it ... no holding back, I might even give you a hand from time to time if and where I can. ;)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

ChillCore wrote:Glad that it is fixed this easily. ;)
There is no competition here on tt-forums for the biggest, best, most awesome patchpack.
:D
ChillCore wrote:I still make some adjustments to my own from time to time in gratitude to the people that have helped me getting as far as I did and are still playing with it, but I am really far behind trunk and it does not look like I will be getting any closer any time soon.
I understand. A lot of old patches couldn't apply cleanly to the recent trunk. :-/
ChillCore wrote:I am happy to see a patchpack against YACD ... I have been asked for something like this very often but I do not fell like maintaining two patchpacks to be honest.
So go for it ... no holding back, I might even give you a hand from time to time if and where I can. ;)
Ehm... This was my main problem against of your and other patch packs: the cargodist. :roll: I much more like yacd than the others, and this is the point to begin a patchpack with yacd. One plus for yacd: showing cargo destinations in the detail window of trains. I like it! 8)
Okie, i'll try to maintain it while i'm interested -again- in openttd.
damerell
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by damerell »

Bravo! I know this is one of the trickier ones, but any chance of a daylength patch in there?
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

Ifrastructure sharing would be pretty epic - with that it would be great
The TT forums trivia tournament! Come along and join in the fun
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90722
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

damerell wrote:Bravo! I know this is one of the trickier ones, but any chance of a daylength patch in there?
I wondered what a simple hack is daylength change. :-> So I included, and also wondered it doesn't break ECS agricultural vectors! ;->
Try it and report.

I've personally never used any daylength patch before, and now I found when set 37 ticks per minute, and set day length factor 720 and 'enable show minute than days' and show full date, then I got a very realistic date+time where midnight is always at daychange.

Now i'm thinking about a 'fake' night cargo patch especially for PAX, which generates much less passenger between 10pm and 5am, or any setting. What about this idea?
Attachments
openttd-1.3.0-DC2.2.zip
OpenTTD-1.3.0-DC2.2 patch against the 1.3.0 source
(148.28 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
openttd-1.3.0-DC2.2_i686.tar.bz2
OpenTTD-1.3.0-DC2.2 binary for Linux i686
(4.77 MiB) Downloaded 362 times
openttd-1.3.0-DC2.2_win32.7z
OpenTTD-1.3.0-DC2.2 binary for win32
(3.9 MiB) Downloaded 342 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

ipsirc wrote:set day length factor 720
expect lots of internal counters overflowing with that kind of daylength...
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Eddi wrote:
ipsirc wrote:set day length factor 720
expect lots of internal counters overflowing with that kind of daylength...
Wuhh, thx da warning! And what settings place midnight at the day change? Or should I use another daylength patch?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i don't know, which one do you use right now? the midnight alignment you should probably adjust in the 24h clock patch, it's likely aligned to the beginning of time (aka year 0).
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Eddi wrote:i don't know, which one do you use right now? the midnight alignment you should probably adjust in the 24h clock patch, it's likely aligned to the beginning of time (aka year 0).
I used the Daylength patch ( http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=46399 )
Do you mean the 24h clock patch with departureboards? ( http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=49956 ) I'm already using it and that makes the point to place midnight at daychange.
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Lordmwa wrote:Ifrastructure sharing would be pretty epic - with that it would be great
As you wish. You can be the first betatester! :->
Last edited by planetmaker on 11 May 2013 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: GPL license requires to also provide sources. Please grant us at least that much respect, mind that and give us at least the patch you used. You're then free to re-upload your binaries.
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

ipsirc wrote:
Lordmwa wrote:Ifrastructure sharing would be pretty epic - with that it would be great
As you wish. You can be the first betatester! :->
Hell yes! Now... how about the source so I can run a server :)
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

That is de-syncing pretty bad now - Do you get that with the original pathces you compiled?
DC-1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DC-1 »

Lordmwa wrote:That is de-syncing pretty bad now - Do you get that with the original pathces you compiled?
Ohm, i left the wrong daylength settings. Set daylength to 1, and ticks per minute to 74.
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

We changed it to 5 so that daylength was active but not silly - is this likely to be still causing problems at that setting?

Return to “OpenTTD Development”